R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Our wildlife resources guy is Hmong.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The Hmong from the MPLS area come up here to catch fish. They don't care what kind of fish, it seems.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
We darn near knocked off our Hmong population from their fishing in the polluted paper mill effluence. Rough fish, any fish went in the pot along with anything else they would eat. The DNR had to post signs written in Hmong to stop them from fishing in the pollution pockets. I shot trap with a guy who saw them in Vietnam and he said they were the most bloodthirsty little sobs over there. They'd give them a 12 gauge, buckshot and a bag of rice and let them go after the VC. You really don't want them in your woods "hunting".

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory
V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
I have no experience with Hmong (and dont want any) but me and a buddy were wade fishing one of our local rivers, we were fishing catch and release for Smallmouth, Redeye and whatever else would chase a grub when a group of Latino's pulled in and commenced to catch and keep every fish no matter the size or species, we estimated they kept 30+ fish out of the small river. We went back and fished the same area the next year and did not catch a single fish, the river was dead as a doornail 👎🏾......Hb

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by Plainsman
The Hmong from the MPLS area come up to Devils Lake, ND and fish like those squirrel poachers! Car loads of ppl taking way more fish than the limits! The game wardens watch out for them accordingly!

Years ago while competing on the Walleye Trail, I had the pleasure of learning about the Hmong at Devils Lake. Motel owners disliked that entire families would rent rooms when the White Bass were running, catch tons of fish, then clean them and hang them to dry in the rooms.....

Also, if I remember correctly, several years past, there was a father and daughter murdered by a Hmong they found trespassing their land hunting out of their blind. The suspect was apprehended and stood trial. As I understand their home culture, they don't recognize private ownership of land and like to go wherever they wish.....

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MOGC
Well, they are back at it. Sixteen Hmong poachers from Wisconsin came back to Missouri and killed nearly 500 squirrels. This was in one of my public ground hunting areas. They got caught by Conservation Agents and issued a double handful of tickets. As if that's going to mean anything to them.

Are the tickets per animal?
If they left them cross back to WI, they could have used the Lacey Act
and slammed them.

Would have. If they looked European.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
MOGC Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
I have no idea how exactly they were ticketed. Hopefully they aren't back this year.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Originally Posted by DeWman
Living in southeast Missouri (bootheel) I've seen plenty of fudging on limits of all kinds of animals/fish/ birds, though not to the extant others have written here. Most generally, the excuse is "I eat all that I kill, unlike out of staters." I have seen more than one out of state dove hunters spend big money on gear, ground, & vehicles & dogs. Shoot their limit in 30 minutes, take a bunch of hero photos, then pack up, drive down the road, dump their birds in a ditch and drive off. Sometimes they come back, sometimes not. Rabbit hunters with thousands in their dogs go to an abandoned homestead and massacre rabbits, tossing any they can't give away. Duck and snow goose hunters as well. It is what it is.

Deer Camp! about as good as it gets!
S
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
S
Chinese out of NYC (probably illegal) have been fishing the Jersey shore for sea bass at night and then having their wives take a limit back to the car, they make several trips. The CO's got wise to this and have been writing a lot of summons. A couple of people have been caught taking 20K freshwater clams! It's illegal to harvest them.

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I ran into about seven or eight "Asians" a few years ago. I was hunting one of my favorite wilderness areas. I was about a mile and a half in and there they were.
Not wearing orange and carrying AK 47s. I turned around and walked back to my truck.

I could only imagine the hell that would have broke loose if they jumped a deer and I didn't want to be around. I was really glad when I got
over the crest of the mountain.

That's the only time I've ever seen them there.

"Aim right, squeeze light"
" Might as well hit what you're aiming at, it kicks the same whether you miss or not"
NRA Life, GOA
IC B3

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
I haven't seen that many squirrels to take since the 70s or early 80s. That feat could not be done anywhere in PA today, not that I have seen.

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by six.
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
https://www.themeateater.com/conser...er-the-day-a-trespasser-killed-6-hunters

The Hmong people.
NE Iowa has had some issues with squirrel hunting, mushroom hunting and fishing when it comes to this culture.
Good luck

Let him grow, Shoot a doe !
O
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
O
Originally Posted by xverminator
Hmong? I don't know, definitely Asian though. A whole damn family (men,women and kids) in 3 or 4 different vehicles. All had Minnesota plates. I found it quite odd at the time. It is rare to see out of state bow hunters there, let alone squirrel hunters.

X-VERMINATOR

Sounds like Hmongs.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
I read about that technique in a (Boys Life Magazine ) and tried it once. It worked very well for the first time trying it. The only hiccup was after peeling off the dried mud I had a little sand on the bird but it worked.

Proud to be an American
United States Marine

There were some foreigners who were caught with 5-gal buckets full of fish below a reservoir dam. They were way over creel and size limits. No report was ever produced as to their punishment. Rest assured had they been locals, they would have been fined hundreds/thousands and fishing rights removed, boat seized and they would have been caned in public. It definitely would have made front page news. I think the next time I am approached by game warden, I will respond “Me speaka no English.” 😂

DR
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by deerhunter5555
Bag limits on tree rats are a joke. But, rules are rules...and must be enforced.

X2

R
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
R
I have plenty of places in southern Indiana where I bet I could kill a 100 in a day. No one hunts them and they just go NUTS in the woods. lol

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
There's just not the squirrels in South East Michigan that there was in the 70s and 80's my brothers and I opening week back then would get are 5 squirrel limit in minutes we would bring a couple friends that couldn't shoot or had iron sight and shoot there limit for them....the woods haven't changed all the oaks are over 200 years old....
The only and biggest change is a lot more hawk's, owls and there were no coyotes at all back then....

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Our squirrel population is way way down.

I used to limit regularly. Now I'm lucky to see 3 in a morning hunt.

I don't know why

Small Game, Deer, Turkey, Bear, Elk....It's what's for dinner.

If you know how many guns you own... you don't own enough.

In God We Trust.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have not killed a squirrel in many years. With that said I have wanted to kill many, every time they sound their annoying ALERT, to every animal when I am bear, elk, moose, or deer hunting.

If I were to translate their Alert they are screaming: Hey Azzhole I see you, watch out everyone, Elmer Fudd is in the woods and he wants to kill you, run for it!!!!! Rotten Bastirds!

They are fortunate around me because I do not want to blow what is left of my cover after they scream their GUTS OUT lol

Last edited by KillerBee; 12/01/23.

KB

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

356 members (1lesfox, 1Longbow, 163bc, 01Foreman400, 12344mag, 160user, 31 invisible), 2,759 guests, and 955 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,282
Posts18,467,767
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.