Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I like to drees up, mostly Chruch.[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

There it is, on the right side....

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

BP-B2

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by huntsman22
I just won't go anywhere I have to wear one......

^This^

Over the years, I've observed that those events get on just fancy and people are just as married or just as dead whether I'm there or not.

Last edited by Distridr; 03/23/23.

Save our kids - shoot your local drug dealer.
T
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
At this point in my life, I'm wearing a tie only at funerals and weddings. 25 years ago, I wore one every day I was working.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Wore one 5-6 days a week for a dozen years. Boss was retired Navy. You wore a suit, not slacks and a jacket. White long sleeve shirt w/tie. Wing tips. I see these guys with a jacket and colored dress shirt, no tie and it doesn’t look right to me. My son has had to dress up for a class last fall some big shots were coming to speak. We got him a couple suits. If you’re going to do it, do it right I told him.

Saw some sweet wing tips at a couple different stores. If I still had to wear a suit I’d be all over those shoes. Lol

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
[Linked Image from i.pinimg.com]

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
IC B2

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
37 years, Mon through Friday wearing one. Hate to say that I have over 300 of them easily. Just pitched about 40 in last 2 days going through them. May all change in a couple weeks, new job-new line of work coming….

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
Years back Veterinarians, and gas station attentats wore ties

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
B
Bry Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Neck ties are da bomb!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
I wear ties frequently. Dressing nice and not looking like a bum is a good thing.

What, a Western bolo tie with a turquoise slide piece from a sidewalk rez merchant ain't fancy enough for you??

laugh

[Linked Image from sedonaindianjewelry.com]

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
IC B3

F
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by hanco
I wear them to show respect
This^^^^ Mostly funerals and weddings, but sometimes I know it will be over dressed so don’t.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
After 12 years of Catholic school uniforms,i'm all tied out,but i do wear a suit and a tie when needed.My suit is called my "DEFENDANT " suit.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Neck ties are the topic, and the discussion has turned more to apparel in general.

Customs and tastes vary widely. So do our work situations, and thus the related choices about apparel. Aside from tastes, customs and work situations - some folks make comfort and simplicity the top priority. That's not all of it - but it's all OK in my mind.

I might have a reaction in certain situations, but I express no opinion or critique about the clothing choices of others. Your choice - your business - look the way you wish to look.

That said, why do some people feel the need to smirk, comment critically or put down those who tend to dress up and according to the occasion. What is the problem when a guy wears a classy suit/dress shirt/silk tie and fine matching shoes (let alone the belt/socks/pocket square) in a situation where others may dress less?

We all make personal choices about the events we attend. All very good, but based on generally expected apparel? Why would that be?

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Wrapids
Originally Posted by gregintenn
An apostrophe shows ownership, i.e., the neck tie’s knot. Otherwise, it is neck ties.

Whadda you know!!??! Being a grammar Nazi is fun. grin
You're right, but I see improper apostrophe use all the time. It's a doofus world.
Nothing doofus about the apostrophe. It completely changes the meaning of the word. There's a big difference between possessive and plural. You need to say what you mean. Our modern schools are turning out a generation of illiterates.

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I prefer to not wear a tie (or a suit for that matter) but have no problem doing so when needed. I do like the general "down dressing" that has become common at many functions but believe there is still a place for ties and suits.

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
My ex wife used to wear ties a lot. They looked better on her than me. To be truthful though, she was crazy. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think neck ties are best used for tying bundles of books together.

"Whensoever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force." --Thomas Jefferson

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CCCC
Neck ties are the topic, and the discussion has turned more to apparel in general.

Customs and tastes vary widely. So do our work situations, and thus the related choices about apparel. Aside from tastes, customs and work situations - some folks make comfort and simplicity the top priority. That's not all of it - but it's all OK in my mind.

I might have a reaction in certain situations, but I express no opinion or critique about the clothing choices of others. Your choice - your business - look the way you wish to look.

That said, why do some people feel the need to smirk, comment critically or put down those who tend to dress up and according to the occasion. What is the problem when a guy wears a classy suit/dress shirt/silk tie and fine matching shoes (let alone the belt/socks/pocket square) in a situation where others may dress less?

We all make personal choices about the events we attend. All very good, but based on generally expected apparel? Why would that be?

My post could be construed to denigrate those who are in white collar positions.

It wasn't actually.

I guess I did mean it to put down those who are Dressing Up.

I come from people with stained, callused hands, and mine are too.
No apologies for it, proud in fact. I don't belong in those clothes and am
not comfortable in the company of those who do. Don't need a tie and a fancy
restaurant to affirm me, or make for a good evening. The family can go out to
the Dew Drop Inn, have wings and fries, while wearing jeans and workbooks,
and be happy. In our lane, with our people. Can we dress nicer and continue to
use decent manners in a snazzy place? Easy! It's the attitude that I don't like.

It is not about money either.
Folks in there with us could buy out the debits of the dressed up crowd at the Omni, with cash, and not be broke.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
I have even stopped wearing ties for funerals.

Sam......

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
It always seemed odd that we add an unnecessary strip of cloth around our neck to "Dress Up". crazy

We do a lot of strange things to "fit in" with society.

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
700 members (160user, 12344mag, 10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 73 invisible), 3,048 guests, and 1,415 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,680
Posts18,399,622
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.