Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
SupFoo Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Idaho on Verge of Becoming Fifth State to Use Firing Squads for Executions

Idaho’s legislature passed legislation allowing death by firing squad, stressing that this was passed by veto-proof margins.

This move sets up the firing squad as an execution option for instances in which the drugs for lethal injection cannot be obtained.

Utah firing squads consist of five prison staffers, all of whom use a rifle to shoot at a target placed upon the heart of the condemned individual. Four of the rifles are loaded with real ammunition while one is loaded with a blank. The five participants have no idea who shoots real rounds and who shoots the blank.

Execution by firing squad is currently legal in Mississippi, Utah, Oklahoma, and South Carolina.

https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amend...fifth-state-use-firing-squad-executions/

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by SupFoo; 03/24/23.
BP-B2

T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Simple, effective, and cheap.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Accubonds?

Black Cows Matter!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's good it's veto proof our Gooberner just signed a bill that parent can't teach their children to drive

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
And put in on pay per view! Bet the can raise a boatload of $$ real quick!

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
All in favor, say "I". "I"

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
I
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I
The guy shooting the blank would know it's a blank due to lack of recoil.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
N
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Lead free ??

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
^^^^^fact^^^^

Thinking they should put the target in front of the forehead and use .22 CB Shorts.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
^^^^^fact^^^^

Thinking they should put the target in front of the forehead and use .22 CB Shorts.

👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
IC B3

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Since you are not saving the meat, why not 5 rounds live ammo, wouldn't that be more humane?
I am a firm believer in the death penalty, but get a little cringey when they film the episodes of 'execution gone wrong'...rictus, body spasms, burning flesh and hair etc. when 'old sparky' takes a while...or more than one try to get it done. If prison employees are reluctant to volunteer, I would think the victim's surviving family members, if qualified, could provide volunteers.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Since you are not saving the meat, why not 5 rounds live ammo, wouldn't that be more humane?
I am a firm believer in the death penalty, but get a little cringey when they film the episodes of 'execution gone wrong'...rictus, body spasms, burning flesh and hair etc. when 'old sparky' takes a while...or more than one try to get it done. If prison employees are reluctant to volunteer, I would think the victim's surviving family members, if qualified, could provide volunteers.
frankly the culprits are almost never humane and frankly I don't care how long it takes. Crucified would be just fine with me.

Or as others have said. eye for an eye. Whatever you did is how you get it.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Originally Posted by ndh19
Lead free ??

Lead free = over penetration…

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
I think this could end all the dick swinging arguments about which bullet performs best. Each execution could use a different bullet and after 30 to 40 executions they can put out a detailed report on which performed best!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Welcome to the club Idaho!

Yours in Liberty,

BL
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Likely any small animal vet would have an ample supply of drugs about. Why waste good/expensive ammo?

1Minute
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by flintlocke
frankly the culprits are almost never humane and frankly I don't care how long it takes. Crucified would be just fine with me.

Or as others have said. eye for an eye. Whatever you did is how you get it.
I agree 100% rost. I hope the SOB's suffer a lot. I am sure the ones they murdered etc. suffered.

Jim

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I really don't care how they get it done, as long a it gets done.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
J
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
J
Why not throw them to the lions in the coliseum?

You could invite the whole town.

....this country is getting weird.......sheesh.

I am MAGA.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The decades-long lament of the Libtards: "What if they only 'wing him' and he limps away from it!!??!!??"

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
701 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 160user, 1Akshooter, 1beaver_shooter, 71 invisible), 3,035 guests, and 1,421 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,680
Posts18,399,622
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.