Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by KFWA
can you believe they bulldozed the original one down? A gas station sits there now. I remember the original - it wasn't open when I saw it, just an empty building, but at one time it was painted all white.

My son worked at a cracker barrel. He never had any horror stories about it. We used to eat breakfast there but I like Bob Evans best of chain breakfast places

Cracker Barrel has good french toast, but the pancakes are better at Bob Evans.

The original Bob Evans is still open over in east Ohio, near Gallipolis. But it's nothing special at all. Same food as any other location. Kind of disappointing. Not worth stopping at, unless you are in Gallipolis and just want a plate of pancakes and bacon.

BP-B2

KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by auk1124
can you believe they bulldozed the original one down? A gas station sits there now. I remember the original - it wasn't open when I saw it, just an empty building, but at one time it was painted all white.

My son worked at a cracker barrel. He never had any horror stories about it. We used to eat breakfast there but I like Bob Evans best of chain breakfast places

The original Bob Evans is still open over in east Ohio, near Gallipolis. But it's nothing special at all. Same food as any other location. Kind of disappointing. Not worth stopping at, unless you are in Gallipolis and just want a plate of pancakes and bacon.

you ever go to that Bob Evans festival they have in the fall?

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
A
AML Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
I like Cracker Barrel. I never had a problem with their breakfasts and the corn muffins are made with real cornmeal. They also serve real maple syrup and that's a big plus to me. Their trout dinner is better than Red Lobsters and way cheaper. The CB's around here are packed for common meal times. Best to go off peak hours.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
One of my favorite places to eat in Montana. Always good and I like the menu. Wish they would come to Bozeman, but not trendy enough for that liberal place anymore.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Bishop's in St George is fantastic. We eat breakfast there almost every time we drive home from Arizona. We stay at the Comfort Inn right around the corner.

We also eat at the CB in Spanish Fork on the drive down to Arizona. Get there about brunch time and sometimes have breakfast and sometimes lunch menu. I don't understand what some of you think about their food, unless you somehow expect Ruth's Chris fare at McD prices. I think we drive past at least five CBs between Ogden and Phoenix and we've eaten at four of them. Have never been disappointed.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

IC B2

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by RockyRaab
Bishop's in St George is fantastic. We eat breakfast there almost every time we drive home from Arizona. We stay at the Comfort Inn right around the corner.

We also eat at the CB in Spanish Fork on the drive down to Arizona. Get there about brunch time and sometimes have breakfast and sometimes lunch menu. I don't understand what some of you think about their food, unless you somehow expect Ruth's Chris fare at McD prices. I think we drive past at least five CBs between Ogden and Phoenix and we've eaten at four of them. Have never been disappointed.
You get it. It isn’t a place you need reservations and a tie for. It’s a decent sit down meal cheap and fast.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Just try to get some country ham at one other than in the south...

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A

Nope, never been. To be honest it sounds like the same old local fall festivals they have everywhere else. I could be wrong about it though.

Last edited by auk1124; 03/24/23.
KFWA Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Nope, never been. To be honest it sounds like the same old local fall festivals they have everywhere else. I could be wrong about it though.

We hit as many as we can - I really enjoy going to local town festivals. The Bob Evans one is always the same weekend as another we like to go to so I've yet to make it there.

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steve
I've eaten at one that's closing. Also at a few others. They're okay. Nothing to write home about. I prefer regular hashbrowns or home fries to the cheesy thing they serve.

Not sure why the one in Beaverton is closing. Seems like every time I drove by there the parking lot was full or close to it.

There's always a local breakfast place that's better. Just finding it is the trick.
That Pancake place there on the way into the city wasn't bad eats for breakfast.

Only thing I liked about Cracker Barrel, on the few occasions I ate there (3x maybe??) was that I could get greens with my order. Not many places serve greens.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Stickfight
I have to suggest that a California dude probably knows diddly squat about Southern cooking.

Cracker Barrel is southern cooking?
Yeah,

haddock is a southern specialty.

caught fresh out back the restaurant.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Spicy grilled catfish over scrambled eggs............

FJB & FJT
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Valsdad
I have to suggest that a California dude probably knows diddly squat about Southern cooking.

Yeah,

If it is breaded and deep fried in grease, it’s southern.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

How is it I don’t know about Bishop’s? I lived in Cedar City for a number of years too. I’ll be passing through there in a couple weeks & will have to check it out.

Yours in Liberty,

BL
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

Yeah,

Southern style/based food...smart ace grin

FJB & FJT
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Raeford

Yeah,

Southern style/based food...smart ace grin
Yessir,

that'd be me somedays.

In it is contentment

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I used to eat at a cracker barrel from time to time. Interesting country store type vibe... some of the food was pretty good. You can sleep in your RV in their parking lot which is nice...

Then about 30 years ago they tried to kill me. I was traveling solo in a hotel trying to decide if I should dial 911. Terrible food poisoning. Obviously I lived but I have not set foot back inside one in close to 30 years.

Please don't feed the trolls!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Honestly Cooking!

🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🤮🖕🖕🖕

I just don't understand?

Why go out to eat food like you make at home?
Or like Mom's?

Chances are they won't be as good as I'm used to. At least different.

Meat loaf, roast beef, roast turkey, mashed potatoes, anything Italian unless in an Italian restaurant....

I do not eat out.
Getting picky about where I get a steak.
Why pay some knotted 3x my cost to serve me something sub par, and expect a tip!

Folks bust on the fast food places, I'd rather get a fresh high speed burger than
some spongy, filler filled meat loaf or dried reconstituted potatoes.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That Pancake place there on the way into the city wasn't bad eats for breakfast.

Only thing I liked about Cracker Barrel, on the few occasions I ate there (3x maybe??) was that I could get greens with my order. Not many places serve greens.

Tom's Pankcake House. Yep. Better than Cracker Barrel, IMHO.

Carpe' Scrotum
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by Steve

Tom's Pankcake House. Yep. Better than Cracker Barrel, IMHO.
is Tom's the same as the Original Pancake House? I can only recall going to this one.

https://originalpancakehouse.com/images/locations/phloc_portland_pic1.jpg

In it is contentment

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
95 members (160user, 10Glocks, 308ld, 338reddog, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 9 invisible), 1,675 guests, and 755 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,766
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.