Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by xphunter
Originally Posted by David_Walter
BSA. Good post.

I think I’ll move one of my higher magnification scopes on this CTR and see how that works.

I have another, a CTR-ish in 6.5 Creedmoor that’s a sporter barrel cut down to 20” threaded and in a CTR stock.

Probably drop the Athlon 2-12 on that one just to keep the weight under control.

Good Call.
E

I agree. Sounds like a sound solution.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
BP-B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Picked up a Athlon Helos BTR 2-12x42...extremely impressed with it. I think it would serve your needs well.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sounds fishy. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fhuqking LAUGHING!................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Stick...my eyes aren’t what they once were. Between the Arken and Athlon, glass quality? Which one gets your vote for clarity?
I’m liking the Athlon better than my Arken side by side. Same two models you are showing. Not by much but noticeable.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
The best thing to do with a 24” barrel is cut 6” off of it.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by SFCSNOW
Stick...my eyes aren’t what they once were. Between the Arken and Athlon, glass quality? Which one gets your vote for clarity?
I’m liking the Athlon better than my Arken side by side. Same two models you are showing. Not by much but noticeable.

For Utility Killing,the Athlon. Hint.

"Glass" makes zero fhuqks,but locking turrets do. I think most folks would opine an erector that yielded 10 Mil's per revolution too,if only to keep Base Ten a thang. Hint.

The 30mm tube on the 12x,shirks a fair mount of mass,yet retains more erector travel. As magnification increases,the view tends to take a hit,along with parallax being more fickle. All of which,tends to grease Athlon skids in direct comparison. Hint.

Everyone who gawks the Athlon,tends to comment upon the brilliance of the view and that don't suck. It's a friendlier platform,with milder mannerisms. No question. Hint.

The reticles are VERY different and that can lead folks to take sides. With acclimation,I gun the Athlon differently now,than I did a dozen of 'em ago. If/when eeking finite precision,on a subject unfavorable to it's centerpoint's subtension,I simply Straight Eight it ala Heinie. Doing thusly,I can hold hard and have my way upon things,WELL shy of centerpoint subtension. Hint.

At like magnification,in like ambient light,I find the 12x faster too. Hint..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Appreciate the input.

J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
I put a Leupold Vx-3i 8.5 -25 on mine. Pretty good set up

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by rcamuglia
I can’t believe we have to go through this schit again.

Anyone who thinks a 6X scope is optimal for a long range rifle is a Fuggen moron

I know, we told them not to smoke the weed.

Randy
NRA
Patriot Life Benefactor

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Optika 6

Fück Joe byron
IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Guys are still answering this question when I think the OP already decided on which route to take. Maybe the OP can let us know how his decision is working out for him..
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
And posting pics that don't offer anything of value to the original thread how this going to help...........

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

Last edited by David_Walter; 03/24/23.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
How’s the Arken doing for you?

John

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Ackleyfan
And posting pics that don't offer anything of value to the original thread how this going to help...........

If my pics don't help you, you can't be helped.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Why don't you show one of your CTR's. IF you don't have one to post, STFU. Please show us your CTR's and how they shoot too.. I'll be waiting.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
So far so good. Heavy, but a good value.

I’ve only been plinking, but I intend to do a 10 mil box check in the coming weeks. Been working a lot of extra hours.

I’m told repeatability is good, but we’ll see.

Originally Posted by Hondo64d

John

Last edited by David_Walter; 03/25/23.

John Stark.
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
👍🏻

If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by David_Walter
So far so good. Heavy, but a good value.

I’ve only been plinking, but I intend to do a 10 mil box check in the coming weeks. Been working a lot of extra hours.

I’m told repeatability is good, but we’ll see.

Originally Posted by Hondo64d

John

A 24" CTR is a hoss to me, as I own a 20". I can tell you mine has NEVER disappointed when I needed to make a shot for fun, on game, or in competition. Pick a distance - 25, 100, 300, 500, 1100. I expect yours to even more of a good thing.

Welcome to TN - patron state of shootin’ stuff
M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
i have a vortex razor amg for my long range stuff in 6-24 but im leaning towards an eotech vudu to see how i like that

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Dropped mine into a UPR stock I bought off of Snipershide. HOPEFULLY, I'll get to shoot it this weekend.

John Stark.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
683 members (10gaugemag, 10ring1, 12308300, 007FJ, 10Glocks, 06hunter59, 83 invisible), 2,774 guests, and 1,305 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,634
Posts18,398,904
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.