Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Originally Posted by Ndbowhunter
never put accoutrements on a hammer or a pipe wrench

i'd rather shoot more then worry about looks. leave that to the wimnens and their shoes

Most shooters admire craftsmanship.

GB1

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
i admire dead critters

and skills to get dead critters. otc on public land preferably.

like i said, never dressed up a pipe wrench or a set of back up tongs, or my grundens.

funny thing is, i think a glock 17 is flash, same with a tikka superlite with an swfa 3-9.

but spending money on looks?? some dudes like chicks with bolt ons and war paint. not my bag, or should i say hag.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Houston_2

i'd rather shoot more then worry about looks. leave that to the wimnens and their shoes

I am one of those shooters, and I imagine if you were to be passing that hammer or pipe wrench down for generations their looks might be more important.

Tell me the odds of putting grease on the same pancake? I Know they are there, well ice and house slippers. -Kawi
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Houston_2

I'm guilty^^^^ Some guys just don't get it. You know the guys that just think of them as tools, don't take care of them either. They look like a POS after they use them. I've seen it many times at gun shops. It's a shame too because they probably don't take care of other schidt like their house or cars either. I like the OP's fluting and Karl does excellent work. Thanks to the OP for sharing!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Karens will always find reason(s) to cry and that never ain't not funnier than fhuqk. Hint.

I'm into results,but it takes more than a notch in a bolt,to deter me. Though in fairness,the schit rings and schit glass are funnier than fhuqk! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Another Tikka fix, if no one has mentioned it, is buy a CTR stock on the cheap, take the plastic cheek piece off, put it on your standard stock, use Sportsmatch mid height 30MM rings on your scope, and alignment between eye and ocular is perfect.

At least one the three I have.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Max ring spacing,is a scope's BEST friend and extry surface area upon the ring proper,only bolsters integrity. 'Course a good scope is requisite! Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by David_Walter
Another Tikka fix, if no one has mentioned it, is buy a CTR stock on the cheap, take the plastic cheek piece off, put it on your standard stock, use Sportsmatch mid height 30MM rings on your scope, and alignment between eye and ocular is perfect.

At least one the three I have.

I like to use the ctr stocks and bottom metal on sporters. Works like a charm for curing coal issues for the 223’s. The ctr fits me really well so that’s another plus.

I really like the sports match rings too. These scopes have more than enough travel for the distances I shoot. I did put a 30moa rail on the tikka rimfire and used the issued rail on the real ctr. The rest have got sports match.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
CTR's are the ONLY mags worth a fhuqk,that Teeker makes. Hint.

The Sporter CTR 223 ploy,is a very good move. Hint.

That being said,ring spacing remains paramount. Hint.

And if only per ALWAYS,everything on the erector below zero,is 100% fhuqking USELESS. Hint..................

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
On the Vudon't,all that I could source for an extended 1913 rail,was 30MOA of inclination. I really should throw a set of 'Horn's on there,as I nailed killer DOPE to 400yds yesterday,before the weather swapped. Hint.

Ring spacing of course makes a big fhuqk,even on Rimfires. Teeker schit bottom "metal",never don't suck ass and only CTR's get a pass. Hint.

Just sayin'................

IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
That’s the same rail I used on the rimfire. Had to chop it too. The metal bottom metal looks nice too.

I’ll put the JO metal on the mini after work. Looks like it came in yesterday and I didn’t notice it.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I ALWAYS take a rail that is "too long",over someone's version of "good enough". Happiness is a close trim. Hint.

I want my action screws,cut from the same cloth,with FULL engagement and a trim. Hint.

The JO will impress. Hint................

Kenneth Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
Though in fairness,the schit rings and schit glass are funnier than fhuqk! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..................

LOL. I’ve taken a little bit of ribbing over those rings , we cool,

I actually don’t mind that scope, does all I need it to do,

But if that scope just disgusts you that much, Go into that closet of yours, grab a NIB Optic of choice and send her this way.
Throw in one of those yellow paint sticks too……….And some mounts and rings if only obviously,

Hint there……

TIA.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Some Campfire approved scope rings should of been received by the Op by know but even the post office in Oregon can fook up the simple task of sending a package crazy

"Rather hunt Mule deer than anything else"
"Team 7MM-08"
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Queeneth,

I've happily given away more wares,than you'll ever have,but I'm no compelled to help the helpless. Hint.

Talking about shooting,is way more forgiving than actually shooting and you really should start a Thread,if/when you fire the first live round of this new year. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...................

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N
sportsmatch rings aren't pic rail and a good recoil level durable.

had two sets not handle drops.. add in 3 if you count t1x

pic rail and good rings solved that right quick.

i hate looking at a scope cattywampused with 40 mils elevation stock.. unless i'm actually going to use it. schit glass only gets worse. and my googlie eyes don't need help getting worse

as for looks. thats some [bleep] s schit right there. then [bleep] get all swooned out talking about smells. gayer then aids.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Inclination is factored by glass selection. For a 6x MQ,I'll greedily take 75 MOA,as to yield all of the erector down range. Hint................

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

645 members (10gaugeman, 10gaugemag, 16penny, 160user, 117LBS, 10ring1, 69 invisible), 2,565 guests, and 1,198 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,164
Posts18,465,252
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.