Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Using the now discontinued Foul-Out system I removed a lot of copper from barrels. It takes copper of the barrel an deposits it on the center rod.

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles
GB1

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
The guy is FOS.

It was reminiscent of one of those "The Real Gunsmith" videos.

I would have said the guy is "dumber than a box of schitt", but John is more politically correct than I am grin

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
He is wrong. I have had rifles copper foul. Cleaned the copper out and they started shooting good again.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The guy is FOS.

Yes, I can't stand his videos either.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by barm
The guy is FOS.

Yes, I can't stand his videos either.

To be honest, it is pure comedy and reading the comments is good at times.. They both bank off the same thing, strong opinions that people take as vast experience.

Semper Fi
IC B2

M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Yeah, which is why many you-tube videos are about stirring "s--t", not information. They get paid by clicks.

But the same thing is true about many of today's magazine articles--especially those that also appear on the Internet. In fact, they have to stir up stuff, to compete with videos like this one....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Yeah, which is why many you-tube videos are about stirring "s--t", not information. They get paid by clicks.

But the same thing is true about many of today's magazine articles--especially those that also appear on the Internet. In fact, they have to stir up stuff, to compete with videos like this one....

It is a helluva way to gain followers.

Semper Fi
P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P

Reminds me of Elmer Keith and Jack O’Connor. Things haven’t changed much. Lol.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
He is very entertaining at times though. There is no myth to copper fouling and there have been endless posts here about how to remove, reduce it .

Or not even worry about it. Study up, genius!

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by PJGunner
He's about as FOS as a Christmas goose.

PJ

You must have an unconventional Christmas goose recipe.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Had me think about it for a second, but whenever I've put Sweets or Boretech Cu Remover/Eliminator in the barrel, I get a lot of blue coming out.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by SheriffJoe
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
He is very entertaining at times though. There is no myth to copper fouling and there have been endless posts here about how to remove, reduce it .

Or not even worry about it. Study up, genius!
GFY... I have a few rifles that sometimes foul and others that do not.

Last edited by Oldelkhunter; 03/30/23.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
Not allways the rifle some bullets are bad that way. First original Barnes X bullets copper fouled bad enough to ruin the groups in 12 rounds in my mkV 270 wthby with 130 gr x bullets from factory PMC made Eldorado loads. Took a lot of effort to get clean. SAME thing happened in a lefthand 240 wthby mag with the blue coated x bullets. Stopped using the x period. I have some triple shocks now without the same problem but it sure soured me on Barnes bullets...mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
jorgeI Online Content OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Swift A Frames are also pretty bad foulers, but man, they work!

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
M
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
M
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
Not allways the rifle some bullets are bad that way. First original Barnes X bullets copper fouled bad enough to ruin the groups in 12 rounds in my mkV 270 wthby with 130 gr x bullets from factory PMC made Eldorado loads. Took a lot of effort to get clean. SAME thing happened in a lefthand 240 wthby mag with the blue coated x bullets. Stopped using the x period. I have some triple shocks now without the same problem but it sure soured me on Barnes bullets...mb

Bob,

You haven't tried Triple Shocks before now? Just wondering!

Actually, I found the last few years of the original X-Bullets didn't foul nearly as much, and grouped very well. Talked this over with Randy Brooks, and he said it was because they finally could get consistently good copper, which helped making consistent bullets much easier. I believed him--because at the time I was hunting a lot with two rifles, a Ruger Hawkeye 6.5x55 and a CZ 9,3x62--which BOTH shot the new Xs (not TSX's) into tiny groups--and didn't copper-foul more than average cup-and-core bullets. (Of course, both had very good barrels.)

But the TSXs were a game-changer. We first started using them in 2004, shortly after they were introduced.

John

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
I have had zero issues with Barnes TTSX with regards to copper fouling, cleaned up easily. I used them in a 240,257 and 270 weatherby they were extremely accurate as well..

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

577 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 55 invisible), 2,302 guests, and 1,200 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,610
Posts18,454,896
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.