Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Starman
Can I grow some GABA out back with the maters and taters?

Or do I have to pay some multi national company what "They" decide is a fair price?

GABA is a general supplement , whereas Gabapentin
is an analog of GABA and prescription drug.

The drug crosses the blood brain barrier far more
readily.
Careful. You will find yourself out of your google league quite quickly on this one.

GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by smokepole
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by Beaver10
Originally Posted by wabigoon
No thanks in general Smoke.

Rolling your own blunts will help with your concentration, coordination, and dexterity.

A lotta upside for a geezer to partake.

🦫

I recall getting the one hand roll nailed. Helpful while driving.

LOL, don't you know that anybody who smokes that stuff becomes a degenerate on skid row?? I mean, it's not benign like alcohol.

I don't know how some of us got this way.

I usually didn't roll while driving back in the day. Rolled ahead of time.

Now I roll into the creek.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Or do I have to pay some multi national company what "They" decide is a fair price?

The drug crosses the blood brain barrier far more readily.
So in other words I have to pay someone,maybe not a multi national, for it, right?

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?
E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by Etoh
GABA= gamma aminoburtyric acid

Any recognised synergistic benefit with Phosphatidylserine
which in itself seems to have effect in blunting rise in cortisol?

Yes there is as well as L-theanine, creatine etc. This group of proteins that affect cognition are called Nootropics.

Most people don't have what it takes to get old
E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
One more time.

C-B-D i-s n-o-t m-a-r-i-j-u-a-n-a.

It's also been shown to kill prostate cancer cells in the laboratory.

You and I do not get to name drugs. Its another thing the government has control of. All we get is slang terms
anything YOU want to call weed is fine with me.

IC B2

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S

A wise man is frequently humbled.

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E

The drug crosses the blood brain barrier far more readily.

Yes you can grow GABA . But you will need a liquid counter current chromatography for small peptide separation and mass spectrometry to identify the different peptides..
Start up costs.
Probably cheaper at Amazon, I get it in 2 days no glassware cleaning. $10.00

Compounding pharmacies make 1000s of topical gabapentin/lidocaine/ketoprofin topical transdermal creams everyday for nerve pain in deep muscle. Affects only the area, no first liver by-pass. Immediate results.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Etoh: I did a search for "Organic supplements high blood pressure" and none with GABA popped up, at least in the first 10-15. But a couple of other plant extracts did, top of the list is grape seed extract, then beet root powder, hibiscus, garlic and a few others.

Why do you think GABA doesn't show up? Too new?

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by akrange
Originally Posted by slumlord
I’d smoke one with wabigoon.

That’d be interesting

That’s Pay for View Stuff ..

The Intellectual Interface would be Biblical..

Unlocking the Foundation Of the Universe..

Unlocking ..

What came First the Chicken or the Egg ..

Off topic ----- but it was Parthenogenisis

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
"Ever wonder why "They" criminalized it rather suddenly in the first place, when for eons there were no restrictions on it???? confused?"

Dot gov clamped down on marijuana when the liquor lobby spent a large amount of coin to make it illegal. Seems people could either get pot cheap or just grow their own. R.W. Schenley and crew were losing money big time. Why buy booze when you could just grow that good time in your back yard?

On High blood pressure, I've had problems with that crap ever since I was a kid. Depending on the meds it hops from too high to too low like a damn yoyo. Doesn't help that the doc keeps changing the meds.
PJ

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
IC B3

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Etoh: I did a search for "Organic supplements high blood pressure" and none with GABA popped up, at least in the first 10-15. But a couple of other plant extracts did, top of the list is grape seed extract, then beet root powder, hibiscus, garlic and a few others.

Why do you think GABA doesn't show up? Too new?

You sort of answered this with your first post.

Medicine has changed dramatically in the last 10 years. From the 70 thru 2000 it was find a single entity drug, that could be monitored by lab tests, then dose it accordingly based on pharmacological events. This approach is based on pressure from insurance groups- doesn't need docs. use NPs get lab values prescribe accordingly. lower cost of medicine. The entire Obamacare platform is based on this. Actually he stole it from Romney, and a guy from Intermountain Health care by the name of Sorenson.
(Sorenson medical, guys got the best collection of real Samurai swords in the world) . Sorry.
With that falling, with increase pressure from Covid, things had to change.

Herbs and natural remedies (Pharmacognosy) died when this event became accepted medical practice. Instead of having standardized botanicals, synthetics became the norm. The only economic variable was start up costs. Any plant built had to be designed around volume. Thats why Boots pharmaceutical makes all the ibuprofen in the world, nobody can make it cheaper.

Also herbs and such only work well on old men. Not so much on women, (menstrual cycle) and young people they have to much "reserve"

When the manufacturing of proteins and peptides was doable to medium size labs, things really took off. Mainly because the government cannot control it. Most peptide exist in a natural form so they can't be patented, except in the formulations . Semaglutide oral is a good example, SNAC is added to enhance the absorption thus allowing a patent. The really big change is the FDA approval is not need for them, thus the long clinical trials (and expensive) are not needed. And most of them have virtually no side effect profile.

Couple this with low start costs and you see labs cropping up all over the world..

Peptides like GABA, NAD, and there pharmacology have been known more 100 years, but the available was limited to a few specialty labs for research.

To answer your question- yes it is to new to be portrayed on the internet accurately

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Etoh - since we are off topic anyway and you are the acknowledged expert; care to comment on this post re: human body not being fooled by synthetics? Post is from another thread which I won’t bludgeon your intelligence with.

Originally Posted by K22
"Never mind that men have been replicating organic chemicals and making synthetics for decades, and the sythetics have the same effects as their organic counterparts. "

Now that is a statement of utter bullshit right there. You and your brain might be fooled by synthetics, but the human body is not. Oh, maybe that's the rub, human bodies aren't fooled by synthetics.

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
I answered this post for another reason.

Any talk about weed, good, bad or medicine is really,, really old time. Peptides are the future, and one of the reasons weed has fell behind in projected sales, except as recreational use. At least it keeps the money home.

its use as a medicinal is limited simply due to fewer receptor sites.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
S

Any talk about weed, good, bad or medicine is really,, really old time. Peptides are the future, and one of the reasons weed has fell behind in projected sales, except as recreational use. At least it keeps the money home.

Have you seen any of the studies on its effect on prostate cancer cells? Apparently those have cannabinoid receptor sites.

673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can see the medical benefits of weed in some form. I know people who smoke weed and they say it raises their shyte tolerance, that in turn may simply lower their blood pressure, or it may help them sleep, which also may lower their blood pressure.
For sure I know people who's blood pressure go's through the roof until they get some weed LOL, so there is that.

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Etoh - since we are off topic anyway and you are the acknowledged expert; care to comment on this post re: human body not being fooled by synthetics? Post is from another thread which I won’t bludgeon your intelligence with.

Originally Posted by K22
"Never mind that men have been replicating organic chemicals and making synthetics for decades, and the sythetics have the same effects as their organic counterparts. "

Now that is a statement of utter bullshit right there. You and your brain might be fooled by synthetics, but the human body is not. Oh, maybe that's the rub, human bodies aren't fooled by synthetics.

It doesn't make any sense to me. It assumes that a certain set of conditions are the defining constraint. Given the wide range of genetic mutations, causing both a disease state, and super healthy state, does that mean if I change your genetic pattern the statement still holds?

the statement is an argument from authority and one of the ten fallacies of logic.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Whta's you take on all of the peptides out on market now?

Bp 157, Semaglutide , imorelien etc.

I like NAD and take 1 gram a day powder. Helped lungs after Covid

Originally Posted by K22

It doesn't make any sense to me. It assumes that a certain set of conditions are the defining constraint. Given the wide range of genetic mutations, causing both a disease state, and super healthy state, does that mean if I change your genetic pattern the statement still holds?

the statement is an argument from authority and one of the ten fallacies of logic.

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E

Have you seen any of the studies on its effect on prostate cancer cells? Apparently those have cannabinoid receptor sites.

this is a can of worms, because we have to start with what current Urologists call cancer. What is cancer, its a bunch of hungry cells that reproduce far to fast and steal all of the food. Its not an out of whack PSA. Lets treat it like that for a moment and see what the "cure" would be. Enlarged prostrate starts because of DHT, because the body is starving for testosterone it corrects the condition by making a hormone 10x stronger. Dihydrotestoserone, which causes the swelling not to too much testosterone as put forth by urologists. ok start a topical test cream. OK lets use one of those nasty synthetic hormone blockers, finasteride for a couple of weeks. Holy [bleep] I can pee again.
those body cells must not be recognizing those synthetics. Ok lets starve those cancer cells with a few days of fasting. No glucose for youse guys, Hmm cell sample under microscope still show a few abnormal. THERES WILL ALWAYS BE A FEW ABNORMAL.

Use cannabinoid is still working in the same circle as the old hat urologist mentality

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Originally Posted by hanco
Walking 8 to ten miles a week does wonders for my blood pressure

No doubt. I've got that covered, but my doc still wants me to cut down on salt, caffeine, and alcohol. The three basic food groups.

LOL.

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by ribka
Whta's you take on all of the peptides out on market now?

Bp 157, Semaglutide , imorelien etc.

I like NAD and take 1 gram a day powder. Helped lungs after Covid

Originally Posted by K22

I take those and don't need a doc to tell me how they work.
Semoralin touché, .5mg every other day
NAD injection, works 10x better than oral;
Wife use 157 started months ago. Her bald spot has grown back.
Been using inj. glutathione for a year. moles, and possible carcinogenic melanin (freckles) are gone.

Starting nootropics next month. Dihexa- maybe Sumak (anti-Parkinson, Alzheimer, ADHD) peppy

Wife uses Semaglutide, severe cold in extremeties, no sleep, heaving-- side effects stopped when she started GABA, L-theanine
lost 40 lb in 5 months.
and she's not diabetic,

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

547 members (160user, 219DW, 204guy, 1936M71, 17CalFan, 22250rem, 47 invisible), 1,864 guests, and 1,040 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,184
Posts18,465,685
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.