Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by kenster99
Tickled pink over this find at a local show last week. Not a collector rifle, but just a good hunting rifle.Pre 64 70 in 257 Roberts, came with rings, I added the Leupold.
Was an unbelievable price !!!
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Cool rifle and cartridge. Appears to have been nicely reblued. Looks to have also been nicely freefloated. Probably glass bedded as well. If the throat is not toast, and the rifling is still good, I'd expect that rifle to shoot very well. That would definitely be a fun one to play around with. You'll have to let us know how she shoots for you. It's also very nice when you run across a good pre 64 at a great price!! Good snag there.. The only thing I'd do differently is run DD's instead of the standard mounts that hang out into the ejection/loading port.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The last 3 I have bought. I sold all my pre-war model 70's then saw the 220 Swift in a gun store, then the 22 Hornet on the internet, then the custom model 70 Hornet at a gun show this past weekend...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
K
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
K
W0W!

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by shrapnel
The last 3 I have bought. I sold all my pre-war model 70's then saw the 220 Swift in a gun store, then the 22 Hornet on the internet, then the custom model 70 Hornet at a gun show this past weekend...

Sweethearts right there. Thanks for sharing!!

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by beretzs
Originally Posted by keystoneben
My uncle gave me this 30-06 last fall.

Now that is a cool darned gift! Very awesome Ben.

Thanks, he moved overseas to work for four or five years. He gave me about a dozen different firearms. When he gets back they're living between TN and NY, so he wanted to lighten his load.

Here's the first three shots at 200. I just tried the same 165gr interlock load that shoots well in my other two pre64 fwt's. Might try a heavier grain bullet for this rifle tho.

Last edited by keystoneben; 03/15/23.
IC B2

G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Does a Kimber 84M Classic Select Grade in 257 Bob count?

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B

Thanks, he moved overseas to work for four or five years. He gave me about a dozen different firearms. When he gets back they're living between TN and NY, so he wanted to lighten his load.

Here's the first three shots at 200. I just tried the same 165gr interlock load that shoots well in my other two pre64 fwt's. Might try a heavier grain bullet for this rifle tho.

Looks like a damn fine shooter! I'd be happy with that.

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Bought a M70 FWT AT from a member here on the fire. Smooth purchase beginning to end and rifle was exactly as described. Wish I could upload a better image but the attachment manager restriction is around 99.

7mm Rem

Attached Images
M70 Featherweight AT.jpeg (34.57 KB, 302 downloads)
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by mwarren
Bought a M70 FWT AT from a member here on the fire. Smooth purchase beginning to end and rifle was exactly as described. Wish I could upload a better image but the attachment manager restriction is around 99.

7mm Rem

It's weird how Winchester calls that a "FWT", when it's just a sporter put in a featherweight stock. Nice rifles though.

BSA MAGA
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by mwarren

7mm Rem

It's weird how Winchester calls that a "FWT", when it's just a sporter put in a featherweight stock. Nice rifles though.

I know what you mean. The barrel is 24" and I believe most stainless classic 7mm Rem's are 26"...but still a sporter in a featherweight stock.

IC B3

M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by sqweeler
Just bought this monster...to go with the 25-06 FWT,6.5x55 XTR Sporter and 250 Savage carbine. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc] [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Really like that 375...nice find

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Well damn, nothing left to do with that one! That's a great shooter. What a cool gift.

Semper Fi
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Wow!!! Who did the custom build?

L
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
L
Model 70 classic stainless mint condition at a local gun show 7mm mag $550 otd Felt like I had won the lottery

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Live2hunt941
Model 70 classic stainless mint condition at a local gun show 7mm mag $550 otd Felt like I had won the lottery
Very nice!! That is like winning the lottery. Just relaying what I saw at the Reno Cabela’s. 1 pre 64 375h&h reasonably priced. 1 264 win mag, standard rifle, btm metal shows a lot of wear. 1953 300h&h rechambered to 300 wby for $1000. Stainless classic 375h&h, 300 win mag stainless classic that was overpriced at $1,399

BSA MAGA
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 3dtestify

Wow!!! Who did the custom build?

I don’t know. The gun came out of a collection of over 400 guns from Robert Peterson of Peterson publishing and it was supposed to have been built by someone in the Bitterroot area of Montana in the early 2000’s. Peterson died in 2007. The guns I saw from this part of his collection were damn nice, but this stood alone as to the quality of the build. It was the only custom gun that I saw, but there were only about 30 guns in the collection that I was able to see.

The Texans that came here to buy guns bought 10 or so to take back to Texas to sell in their store, they tried to get this one too, but thankfully, I prevailed and got it.

I had Monte Mandarino look at it and he commented on how some of the metal work looked like Tom Burgess’s work, but he couldn’t say for certain.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I stumbled upon a couple. Picked up the ‘55 Featherweight at a gun show yesterday.

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Very nice! what cartridge ?

Last edited by stealthgoat; 03/26/23.
G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Wouldn't mind selling a few, but not going to give them away either.

Phil

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by stealthgoat
Very nice! what cartridge ?

Thanks! The Pre’64 is a 30-06 and the other is a 270.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
702 members (12344mag, 10gaugemag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 160user, 76 invisible), 2,958 guests, and 1,376 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,681
Posts18,399,678
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.