Campfire Outfitter
Bump for a pretty shiney Mt Horse.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Lol
Pictures still not loading?

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Yeah, something like that lol. Keep going cupcake. You’re almost there.

Well I have already been there and back.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Your horse pictures are still not loading?

Originally Posted by JefeMojado
When you can tell that a guy is well versed in one or two subjects/areas, I always figure he is a savvy sonofabitch. When you encounter a guy who projects his knowledge in every subject/area that comes up, you can usually presume he's actually a dumb [bleep]. I smell a dumb [bleep] in this thread.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

GB1

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Chumleyhunts
Most problem horses were caused by problem riders. Barrel racers likely on or near the top of the list. There are a lot of amazing barrel racers, not all of them have a handle on their horse outside the barrel pattern.
I think some barrel and gymkhana horses are given crack.

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by ironbender
Most problem horses were caused by problem riders. Barrel racers likely on or near the top of the list. There are a lot of amazing barrel racers, not all of them have a handle on their horse outside the barrel pattern.

ironbender;
Good afternoon my northern friend, I trust this finds you and your fine family well.

For sure we've seen some rodeo roping horses too that seemed to be proverbial "one trick pony" types.

We went to look at one that the owner described in glowing terms, only to find that it had to be cross tied to saddle, would only let the owner put a bridle on it and not willingly at that and then didn't want to do anything in the ring other than tear around in overdrive. Not surprisingly the owner couldn't stop gushing about how fast it was and how much power it had....

Conversely, at one point I was looking to sell our Quarter Horse gelding and this chap came over to look at it, accompanied by a mutual friend who was also a taxidermist.

The taxidermist had been working on a grizzly pelt that day and commented how well behaved Cody - the QH - was despite obviously being able to smell it on him.

When the prospective buyer said for the 5th or 6th time that I was asking too much for Cody, I picked up each foot and fooled with it for awhile, then I fooled with his tail, then dropped on my knees behind him and crawled on hands and knees between his back legs, then I raised up underneath his belly a couple times, all the while he stood perfectly still - likely thinking that I was just being me again... grin

Finally I crawled out from between Cody's front legs and said to the guy, "That's what you're paying for" and our mutual taxidermist friend turned to him and said, "Buy that damn horse man!".

But he still thought he could get a better mannered horse somewhere for less money and they left.

Cody is buried in the yard now ironbender. On still mornings when it's quiet out, I swear I can hear him running his front shoe up and down the stock gate and muttering at me to bring the grub already. wink

All the best to you all.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 03/26/23.

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
OP,

Will this horse be for sale at the Cody Horse Sale in early May?

I see you sold a mule at Jake's Mule sale last year.

For those interested the OP's mule brought $48,000 at Jake Clark's Mule Auction.

Whole lot cheaper than hospital bills.

Video of the OP's 2022 mule, I think.

Last edited by JohnBurns; 03/26/23.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by BC30cal

ironbender;
Good afternoon my northern friend, I trust this finds you and your fine family well.

For sure we've seen some rodeo roping horses too that seemed to be proverbial "one trick pony" types.

We went to look at one that the owner described in glowing terms, only to find that it had to be cross tied to saddle, would only let the owner put a bridle on it and not willingly at that and then didn't want to do anything in the ring other than tear around in overdrive. Not surprisingly the owner couldn't stop gushing about how fast it was and how much power it had....

Conversely, at one point I was looking to sell our Quarter Horse gelding and this chap came over to look at it, accompanied by a mutual friend who was also a taxidermist.

The taxidermist had been working on a grizzly pelt that day and commented how well behaved Cody - the QH - was despite obviously being able to smell it on him.

When the prospective buyer said for the 5th or 6th time that I was asking too much for Cody, I picked up each foot and fooled with it for awhile, then I fooled with his tail, then dropped on my knees behind him and crawled on hands and knees between his back legs, then I raised up underneath his belly a couple times, all the while he stood perfectly still - likely thinking that I was just being me again... grin

Finally I crawled out from between Cody's front legs and said to the guy, "That's what you're paying for" and our mutual taxidermist friend turned to him and said, "Buy that damn horse man!".

But he still thought he could get a better mannered horse somewhere for less money and they left.

Cody is buried in the yard now ironbender. On still mornings when it's quiet out, I swear I can hear him running his front shoe up and down the stock gate and muttering at me to bring the grub already. wink

All the best to you all.

Dwayne
Dwayne my southern friend 😎
Thanks for the well wishes and same to you and your’n. A lot of people seem unaware that purchase is the cheapest part of horse ownership!

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
IC B2

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
Wtf is a “quater” horse🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
That is a fine equine.

Didn’t notice much of a gate? Changed leads ok.

I never thought of rigging the butt of the rifle so low…….gonna try it out!

GLWTS………

This horse looks like the real deal 2 me!

The Salmon Select Mule/Horse sale is coming up mid April……

Ol Snook was meowing bout the snow!!

Last edited by Angus1895; 03/26/23.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Angus1895
That is a fine equine.

Didn’t notice much of a gate? Changed leads ok.

I never thought of rigging the butt of the rifle so low…….gonna try it out!

GLWTS………

This horse looks like the real deal 2 me!

The Salmon Select Mule/Horse sale is coming up mid April……

Ol Snook was meowing bout the snow!!

Some gait at 4:30 or so before the canter and lead changes.

The low slung butt rear scabbard made my eye twitch but my pack loads would probably make the OPs eyes twitch. grin

The Salmon sale was a favorite of my dad before he passed.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Whole lot cheaper than hospital bills.

That’s the line I would use when someone would question why I paid what I paid for a good horse. And it’s True.

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
Awesome horse!! Sad to say he'd be wasted on a flatlander like me... thanks for sharing the amazing video! (Showed the vid and then the thread to my wife, as she is the horseman in the family; she was reading the comments and said, "are men who hunt REALLY such bitches??!!". Made me laugh.

Last edited by chuckh_02; 03/26/23. Reason: Spelling
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by chuckh_02
Awesome horse!! Sad to say he'd be wasted on a flatlander like me... thanks for sharing the amazing video! (Showed the vid and then the thread to my wife, as she is the horseman in the family; she was reading the comments and said, "are men who hunt REALLY such bitches??!!". Made me laugh.

Tell her the bitches in this thread don't hunt or ride.

It'll make her feel better.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Chuck U own that horse?

I am happy 4 U!

It looks like an A #1

John Burns

The salmon sale is how my wife decided to move here!

It is a hoot!

Last edited by Angus1895; 03/26/23.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
No. Not our horse... just admire the animal and even more so, the training!

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Wouldn’t own a Tb on a dare.

This, particularly a former racehorse.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by APDDSN0864

Ed

Thread is about the TN Walking Horse in the video.

Why not say something nice about the horse in the video?

John Burns

I have all the sources.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Ed

Excuse me for violating the 24Hour Campfire etiquette by not immediately following the OP with a complementary post. Where ARE my manners? Thank you for pointing this out to me.

Out of curiosity, will you be acting the part of Etiquette and Posting Order Monitor next week as well?

Unless YOU have forgotten what it's like around a real campfire, there can be, and usually are, side conversations going on.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by wyomntpounder
About as good as they get!
Grizzly Bears, mountain lions, bull elk, bighorn sheep and more in the video.

That's a horse I'd be proud to own!

Ed

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by wyomntpounder
About as good as they get!
Grizzly Bears, mountain lions, bull elk, bighorn sheep and more in the video.
That's a horse I'd be proud to own!

Ed

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Campfire Oracle
Online Happy
Campfire Oracle

Ed

Excuse me for violating the 24Hour Campfire etiquette by not immediately following the OP with a complementary post. Where ARE my manners? Thank you for pointing this out to me.

Out of curiosity, will you be acting the part of Etiquette and Posting Order Monitor next week as well?

Unless YOU have forgotten what it's like around a real campfire, there can be, and usually are, side conversations going on.

Ed
Someone reading the thread might have paid attention and noticed that two posts above mine referencing thorobreds, would have realized my response was to that post.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Someone reading the thread might have paid attention and noticed that two posts above mine referencing thorobreds, would have realized my response was to that post.

Quote the 2 posts.

And even I can spell Thoroughbred.

And feel free to comment on the horse in the OP's video which so far you seem unable to do so but seem happy to make negative comments about horses on crack.

Sad sack negative toxic posters are the cost of Rick Bins Island of Misfit Toys.

Sack up and say a single thing postitive about the OP's awsome horse.

John Burns

I have all the sources.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

568 members (007FJ, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 1234, 1lessdog, 01Foreman400, 74 invisible), 2,412 guests, and 1,214 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,665
Posts18,455,810
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.