Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
2500HD Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Is anyone have any shooting experience with using this reticle. It’s offered on 6.5-20 efr and on 4.5-14 model Leupold. It has Tapering cross hairs to a very small diamond that has a small hole hole in the center. I think on some targets it would be great but on others might not help at all. Curious if anyone is playing with one in their .22’s.

GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I looked at the Leupold site and that has to be the most F**ked up reticle I have ever seen. What are they thinking? I can't see anything that it would work well for.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
The reticle has gained a lot of traction with the rimfire silhouette crowd I hobnob with.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I bought 3 of them. I sold one to my buddy because his kid liked it.
The crosshairs have a nice taper to the diamond. The diamond is hollow, so you can see "target color" in the center.
I have shot the 1/2 MOA dot for decades in silhouette, and that is my standard. The 1/2 dot is easy to see, and for me, I don't have to focus on it. The diamond is not as pronounced in the field of view, so it is harder to see. Again in my opinion the diamond has about the same recognition as the 1/4 dot. Personally I don't even like the 3/8 dot, so again the diamond is too small. If the diamond were 2X as big it would be much better. They should offer two sizes.
I shot the first silhouette match of the season here yesterday. The diamond worked well, and I was not really thinking about the merits of the diamond, and it was not an immediate issue. Here we shoot white painted animals in smallbore, so that white shows in the diamond center. That is pretty neat, but maybe it takes away from focus on the animal. Again my philosophy is the reticle is a guide, and the target is the focus.
Naturally I am biased to the old 1/2 dot, but I think I would love a bigger diamond more. Everyone that I talked to automatically mentions the diamond is small. The new scope is clearer than the last generation by a ton in my eyes. The taper in the crosshair is easier to see, and the target knobs have a larger locking hex screw. No sunshade provided.
So I am going to shoot the diamond for at least a month and see if I get more accustomed to the size of the diamond. The draw to me is the clarity, and the bolder tapered crosshair. I was thinking of ordering another just to have it. If I decide to punt, I can put it on the table at a match and it will go quick. So I like it, but not love it, so far.
edit, I forgot to say 6-20efr.

Last edited by Terryk; 03/27/23.
2500HD Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Sent you a pm Terryk. Ken

IC B2

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
I don't know if it's different but it sounds similar to the old CPC dot ...
as was mentioned that was one of my favorite reticles for silhouette shooting

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It is the same as the CPC dot, but the dot is a hollow diamond, and I see the crosshairs are better defined.
I am pretty sure that the reticle is now etched, and to me it seems super sharp/clear. I could even guess the crosshairs are a hair thicker. Anyway the sight picture is noticeably sharper than other EFRs I ever owned.
I just mounted one on a silhouette rifle this morning. Hopefully I can sight it in, if the rain storm holds back.

2500HD Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
We shoot paper targets of different varieties and steel kyl spinners Just for fun. Each shooter picks the game. Not sure how this reticle will work. Some probably good some probably not.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
The reticle has gained a lot of traction with the rimfire silhouette crowd I hobnob with.
Yes...makes it hard to get at times too

Last edited by Tommy_guns; 04/22/23.

Hammer down!
T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Originally Posted by Terryk
Anyway the sight picture is noticeably sharper than other EFRs I ever owned.

Yes. Agree. I have several of these in vxiii and VX3. I just got the current model we're talking about mounted . did not get the shooter on paper yet. I have shouldered it many times. I personally like the reticle. I do see some positives in it. I can't find any negatives in it yet. The clarity appears to be somewhat improved although I really like the picture in my others. The dot is big enough to me but some like larger dots. I didn't get to try it but does the dot cover half inch and a hundred yards on 20x? Or 1/4?

Hammer down!
IC B3

2500HD Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
I’m liking the reticle. It doesn’t work good on big black targets but other than that it’s.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

110 members (808outdoors, 338reddog, AB2506, 19rabbit52, 338Rules, 5spd, 12 invisible), 1,557 guests, and 1,046 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,718
Posts18,457,115
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.