-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I've heard that some folks hire "Tiny" from the local biker club to move in to a house full of squatters as their new roommate and eat their food and generally make life unpleasant for the original squatters. Usually the terms are a few hunnert for 48 hours of "Tiny's" time.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gonehuntin
I've heard that some folks hire "Tiny" from the local biker club to move in to a house full of squatters as their new roommate and eat their food and generally make life unpleasant for the original squatters. Usually the terms are a few hunnert for 48 hours of "Tiny's" time.

Fabulous!

Sic Semper Tyrannis
V
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
V
We had some folks set up a small tent city on our property about a year ago. That one was easy. Drug the tents and other crap into a big pile and lit it on fire. One of the people called the fire department. FD showed up and was pretty confused as to what was happening lol.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Never been involved in a squatting situation.

Do squatters come equipped with 24/7 security and sterling reputations in their community?

Seems like some allow themselves to be handcuffed by the system instead of just keeping their mouth shut and dealing with the issue at hand.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by hillestadj

Do squatters come equipped with 24/7 security and sterling reputations in their community?

Seems like some allow themselves to be handcuffed by the system instead of just keeping their mouth shut and dealing with the issue at hand.

Yes.
It's more proof as to what a bunch of twatz Americans have become.
Imagine these squatters trying this stuff 100 years ago, no way in hell would this crap have happened back then.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
We have some friends who inherited some property near Bend, OR. She and her brother have joint ownership. Soon after their mother died and left it to them, some squatters moved in. It's been 2 years now and they still can't get rid of them. Oregon laws almost give your property to anyone who wants to move in. There's nothing that they've been able to so so far. The water bills keep adding up and my friends are expected to pay them. Oregon laws are insane.
We're dealing with this in Grant's Pass Or...

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
My son's employers, a private timber company, had several families of hippies/squatters move into an old logging camp on Hatchet Mtn CA. After much thought, considering the vulnerability of heavy equipment and forest arson...the company deeded the camp jointly to the families. Wise financial decision in my opinion. Lose 40 acres to protect a hundred thousand acres, not 'right', but sensible.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No squatters in mine however I had some quit paying rent and were slow to get out so I could start painting and cleaning.

Mrs slumlord drove herself over and beat me there by 45 minutes.

She dragged all of their beds, and most of their smaller furniture out to the curb. 7 months pregnant. lol

The court system in our county is pro business, pro landlord. None of that blue state horseshît around here.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
SSS.

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined.”

Patrick Henry
H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
I'd just give the local bike club free rent to the place for a month- - - -or maybe pay them to stay there. If they didn't want to leave after running the former tenants out, the cops would probably be more likely to help evict those guys.

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
IC B3

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by justin10mm
I would offer them two options. Leave now or never leave.
Bingo!

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
We got lucky with this a couple years back.
Had a tenant not paying and we were in the process of eviction.
In the meen time she let "Doobie" move in with her to help pay.
Well, we got the tenant out but not "Doobie"
Cops said we had to evict him as he was invited to stay there,even though he was not on the lease,and we didn't even have a name.
Thankfully he left on his own,could've been bad.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Stories like these are why I’d never be a landlord and rent out a property.

MAGA
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by ol_mike
Originally Posted by hillestadj

Yes.
It's more proof as to what a bunch of twatz Americans have become.
Imagine these squatters trying this stuff 100 years ago, no way in hell would this crap have happened back then.

Yes, dragging someone out by the hair is a lost art lol

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Stories like these are just reason #1324 why I am retiring from my side job as a landlord. Nothing but trouble and eventual degradation of the house. Once these latest bunch are gone, the place is getting sold.

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by 3584ELK
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff

Stories like these are just reason #1324 why I am retiring from my side job as a landlord. Nothing but trouble and eventual degradation of the house. Once these latest bunch are gone, the place is getting sold.

It's not limited to landlords renting out property.

You are screwed if someone just decides to move into/onto your private property in the same ways. Maybe more so, because most leases have eviction and inspection clauses in the contract.

But if you were renting property to someone back in the Covid Plandemic, the federales wouldn't let you evict people, or raise rents.... Yeah, govt respects private property rights alright. frown

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
M
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
M
I went to look at a beautiful piece of property that borders the National Forest here in Wv. It was listed as 19 acres with a single wide trailer included. The pictures were beautiful the trailer was in great shape and would have made a great camp while we built our house. My wife and I drove 3 hours last Sunday to look at it. The owner lived in DC and said we were welcome to look in the windows and walk the property as we pleased. We show up to an absolute dump with trash everywhere and broken down vehicles parked all around. A guy came out with a gun and asked if we needed something. I told him we were looking at the property as it was for sale he laughed and said good luck with that and went back inside. We obviously left and headed home. I called the owner in DC who then told me he hadn’t been there in 2 years and had no idea anyone was living there.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
F
I let my Girls oldest son stay in our Boat in the drive way when it was bad weather because he was homeless.
Well staying in the boat when it was bad weather turned into a full time residence for him for 10 years.

My bad for letting him stay so long.
I paid for a Forklift certification for him and paid for tools and shoes several times trying to help him get work.

He started getting an attitude with his mom.
I stayed away from him to not have any confrontations with him and he basically took over my back yard.

He started Texting my girl (his Mom) with small threats and she hid it from me for months.

When I found out about the threats I went out and told him that he had to go.
I was done with him.

He told me that the only way I was going to get rid of him was when I died.

We called the Sheriff.
What a Mistake.
The Sheriff sided with him and told us to start the Eviction Process and told me to stay away from him.

The 40+ Year old kid then took complete control over my yard and i could not do anything about it Legally.

We started the Eviction BS. It took several months.
When we finally made it to Court the kid had (2) low life Attorney's approach him to represent him.

I was the land owner so I had to Represent myself.

The Court ordered us to work it out before the Judge came in to hear all of the Cases for the day.

The kid made the demands through his Attorneys that I drop the entire Eviction or he would Sew me.

I went off on the Attorneys (kinda planed) screaming at the Attorneys in the Foyer out side the Court room that they get this piece of [bleep] off my property.

The Bailiff came out to see what was going on and a Sheriff was called.
He took me for a walk down the hall to talk and he agreed with me that a Squatter should have no rights over someones property.

When we walked back into the Court room my girls kid was laughing.

The bailiff came over and talked to me and asked if I had Representation.
I told him that I was Representing my self and asked if the Attorneys were supposed to take my evidence that I was going to submit to the Court.

He then ordered the Attorneys to take my evidence.

When the Judge came into the Court Room we had (2) sheriffs present to get me when I blew up in font of the Judge.

When it was our turn with the Judge. I started my speech all cool and collected just as a Attorney would have done it. The Bailiff was shocked as well as the Sheriff that walked me down the hall.

I submitted 36 photo's of Human [bleep] tracked in the out side on the boat deck and all of the crap that he had all over the boat and my back yard as well as stripped electrical cords still plugged int the house.

When it was his Attorney's turn to talk. They basically just asked the Judge for more time.

Then my girls kid spoke up and demanded to be heard.
The Judge told him if his counsel aloud him to talk he could talk.

He told the Judge that He did not Care what his Counsel said he was going to talk.

He unloaded on the Judge and made a few demands to the Judge.
After he was finished the Judge asked me if I had anything more to say and I said not really everything haqd been said.

Then my girl asked if she could say something.

She got up and told the Court that it was very sad that a Mother should be so afraid of her own son and that he had threatened her and she did not know what to do tears flowing.

The Judge asked if she had proof on the Threats I raised my hand and told the Judge that a couple of the Text Threats had been admitted as Evidence.
There were more on her phone and if the Judge wanted to see them she would turn her phone back on and he could look at all of the Threats.

The Judge was not happy at all and in his way went after my girls son.

We won the Case hands down.

After the Judge told my girls son to leave the Court we had to stay in the Court until the Sheriff told us we could go to fill more paper work out for the next step.

We were aloud to leave and went over to fill paper work out. I had to go back to the Court room to get the name of the Judge and the Bailiff stopped me and ordered me not to leave the building until the Sheriff told us we could go.

My girls son was walking all over the parking lot and did not leave.
I told the Sheriff that he was waiting for his ride.

The Sheriff walked with me back to where my girl was and we talked.
He told me that he could not believe how I handled myself in the Court after I lost it in the Foyer.

I looked at him and told him that I had some what planed the out burst so that my girls son would thing that he had already won before the Court had even started.

The Sheriff just looked at me with a What the Foock look on his face.

I then told him that I am a Special Building Inspector and I have to have discussions all the time with Ironworkers and Contractors with Attitudes all the time and I play the same game on them.

He told me that they were ready to arrest me and I told him that it was a gamble but i am pretty good at knowing when to slow it down and shut it off when it is time.

I really liked that Sheriff he was a cool guy.

Well the Judge gave that Piece of crap kid another 60 days.

The Boat is pretty much destroyed by the kid.
It will cost more to clean it up and fix what he ripped up than the thing is worth.

In hind sight i should have just burned the Boat when he was gone for the day.

The Problem would have been solved quick that way

I forgot to add
The kid NEVER paid me for rent nothing noda not one penny and he had the Law on his side.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
These squatters rights laws all depend on the state where your property is located. Luckily, the house mentioned is in a high resale area and the house should sell within 7-10 days.

"I didn't realize we had so many snipers in this country." by J23
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by funshooter
I let my Girls oldest son stay in our Boat in the drive way when it was bad weather because he was homeless.
Well staying in the boat when it was bad weather turned into a full time residence for him for 10 years.

My bad for letting him stay so long.
I paid for a Forklift certification for him and paid for tools and shoes several times trying to help him get work.

He started getting an attitude with his mom.
I stayed away from him to not have any confrontations with him and he basically took over my back yard.

He started Texting my girl (his Mom) with small threats and she hid it from me for months.

When I found out about the threats I went out and told him that he had to go.
I was done with him.

He told me that the only way I was going to get rid of him was when I died.

We called the Sheriff.
What a Mistake.
The Sheriff sided with him and told us to start the Eviction Process and told me to stay away from him.

The 40+ Year old kid then took complete control over my yard and i could not do anything about it Legally.

We started the Eviction BS. It took several months.
When we finally made it to Court the kid had (2) low life Attorney's approach him to represent him.

I was the land owner so I had to Represent myself.

The Court ordered us to work it out before the Judge came in to hear all of the Cases for the day.

The kid made the demands through his Attorneys that I drop the entire Eviction or he would Sew me.

I went off on the Attorneys (kinda planed) screaming at the Attorneys in the Foyer out side the Court room that they get this piece of [bleep] off my property.

The Bailiff came out to see what was going on and a Sheriff was called.
He took me for a walk down the hall to talk and he agreed with me that a Squatter should have no rights over someones property.

When we walked back into the Court room my girls kid was laughing.

The bailiff came over and talked to me and asked if I had Representation.
I told him that I was Representing my self and asked if the Attorneys were supposed to take my evidence that I was going to submit to the Court.

He then ordered the Attorneys to take my evidence.

When the Judge came into the Court Room we had (2) sheriffs present to get me when I blew up in font of the Judge.

When it was our turn with the Judge. I started my speech all cool and collected just as a Attorney would have done it. The Bailiff was shocked as well as the Sheriff that walked me down the hall.

I submitted 36 photo's of Human [bleep] tracked in the out side on the boat deck and all of the crap that he had all over the boat and my back yard as well as stripped electrical cords still plugged int the house.

When it was his Attorney's turn to talk. They basically just asked the Judge for more time.

Then my girls kid spoke up and demanded to be heard.
The Judge told him if his counsel aloud him to talk he could talk.

He told the Judge that He did not Care what his Counsel said he was going to talk.

He unloaded on the Judge and made a few demands to the Judge.
After he was finished the Judge asked me if I had anything more to say and I said not really everything haqd been said.

Then my girl asked if she could say something.

She got up and told the Court that it was very sad that a Mother should be so afraid of her own son and that he had threatened her and she did not know what to do tears flowing.

The Judge asked if she had proof on the Threats I raised my hand and told the Judge that a couple of the Text Threats had been admitted as Evidence.
There were more on her phone and if the Judge wanted to see them she would turn her phone back on and he could look at all of the Threats.

The Judge was not happy at all and in his way went after my girls son.

We won the Case hands down.

After the Judge told my girls son to leave the Court we had to stay in the Court until the Sheriff told us we could go to fill more paper work out for the next step.

We were aloud to leave and went over to fill paper work out. I had to go back to the Court room to get the name of the Judge and the Bailiff stopped me and ordered me not to leave the building until the Sheriff told us we could go.

My girls son was walking all over the parking lot and did not leave.
I told the Sheriff that he was waiting for his ride.

The Sheriff walked with me back to where my girl was and we talked.
He told me that he could not believe how I handled myself in the Court after I lost it in the Foyer.

I looked at him and told him that I had some what planed the out burst so that my girls son would thing that he had already won before the Court had even started.

The Sheriff just looked at me with a What the Foock look on his face.

I then told him that I am a Special Building Inspector and I have to have discussions all the time with Ironworkers and Contractors with Attitudes all the time and I play the same game on them.

He told me that they were ready to arrest me and I told him that it was a gamble but i am pretty good at knowing when to slow it down and shut it off when it is time.

I really liked that Sheriff he was a cool guy.

Well the Judge gave that Piece of crap kid another 60 days.

The Boat is pretty much destroyed by the kid.
It will cost more to clean it up and fix what he ripped up than the thing is worth.

In hind sight i should have just burned the Boat when he was gone for the day.

The Problem would have been solved quick that way

I forgot to add
The kid NEVER paid me for rent nothing noda not one penny and he had the Law on his side.

What a shîtshow. That’d be awful. Especially a grandson doing that crap.

MAGA
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

164 members (338reddog, 308xray, 2ndwind, 240NMC, 204guy, 10gaugemag, 24 invisible), 1,842 guests, and 1,069 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,717
Posts18,457,106
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.