Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
As said by Rodney King.. "Can't we all just get along?"

Every state like every country... some are better than others... but wherever ya go, you can't get away from government, and compared to 50 years ago, its a lot more intrusive in people's every day lives now, than it use to be... and government is a lot more bigger controlling every part of our lives in minute detail, that they can get away with...

I get along fine with Canucks, and Ozzies, and that includes New Zealanders, and Limeys.. worked in Canada and lives for 3 years in Britain in my youth.

at times when overseas I have been embarrassed to be an American, by the way my fellow countrymen act like they are special and look down on the local populations as if they are somehow inferior... yet I never loose pride in the nation of my birth.. in fact recently I've discovered that I am a direct descendent of the first 300 or so people who immigrated here from England.. both Jamestowne and Plymouth Rock...

I am ashamed to be an American at times, because of what idiots we have in the White House and Controlling the Senate, but it doesn't mean losing pride in my nation or citizenship. I am ashamed we just can't throw the bums out of office and believe they never won the last election legitimately...

Being an American means to me that I am a guest in other peoples countries... I don't show them disrespect either from here or when I am a guest within their borders...

I don't understand while someone needs to show someone else disrespect, to receive more respect from others.. their actions don't impress anyone....

I tend to show respect toward others until they think they have a reason to disrespect me or my nation... then my reaction to them is going to mirror the actions they do toward me... like some of the drug dealing Mexican cartel people I run into around my town, who are here growing dope, since the leftist liberals had to legalize it in pursuit of my votes. aka DemocRats.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

BP-B2

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
The young people of Oceania used to have a wonderful work ethic.

Its slipping.....but they can still save it I hope.

I am MAGA.
Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
The young people of Oceania used to have a wonderful work ethic.

Its slipping.....but they can still save it I hope.

It's definitely slipped. I remember about 15 years ago about six vacancies as mill hands on shift work came up at the local paper mill. These jobs were offered to close relatives of senior employees. Starting rate was $75,000 per annum (about $60K US at that time). 15 years ago a buck was worth a lot more than it is now. One youngster arrived late the first day and was told, "you're meant to be here at 8.00 a.m. for training or earlier, not 9:00 a.m.". He was late every day for a week because he couldn't get out of bed on time. He was fired. I don't think any of the six lasted more than the one month trial period.

"The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the “.257 Bob.” I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Yep.

I was amazed at the young people on the shearing crews and in the dairy sheds. Getting to be more and more Philippinos apparently.

Although even with a 22 dollar minimum....you still struggle to buy anything

I am MAGA.
Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Yes, a lot of Philipino's. They work hard, don't complain, don't have girlfriend or drug issues and are reliable. The young kiwi farm boys are generally good, strong, hard workers too. However, unlike the Philipino's they want a new pickup 4x4 or a hot car like most young guys these days. They want higher wages than the $22 per hour farm workers get so farmers have trouble retaining them.

"The 257 Roberts, some people like to call it the “.257 Bob.” I think these people should be hung in trees where crows can peck at them." - David Petzal
IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Funny...I know bugger all about America and try to learn when I get the chance. The resident clowns know almost as much about Australia but insist on telling me all about it.

I note that US foreign policy works the same way.

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by JSTUART
Funny...I know bugger all about America and try to learn when I get the chance. The resident clowns know almost as much about Australia but insist on telling me all about it.

US foreign policy seems to be taxing US citizens and sending the money to foreign lands trying to buy your love. And if it works we try to tell you how to run your business so as to funnel back payola to our politicians.

Yes, I'm cynical.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by ingwe

US foreign policy seems to be taxing US citizens and sending the money to foreign lands trying to buy your love. And if it works we try to tell you how to run your business so as to funnel back payola to our politicians.

Yes, I'm cynical.

See...YOU get it...why can't the rest of them?

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle

Yes, I'm cynical.

See...YOU get it...why can't the rest of them?

Too many democrats...they don't understand anything but...oh well, I can stop there. They don't understand anything.....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Too many democrats...they don't understand anything but...oh well, I can stop there. They don't understand anything.....

I will admit that is something we Australians don't have, the absolute 'side' thing that Americans have. Australians of all persuasions tend to despise politicians of all stripes and don't really go in for the the us and them rhetoric.

We generally think that someone has to shovel the shit, so it is probably best it is left to one of those sort.

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

I come to the Australia forum for insight on a far-away land that I'll more than likely never see in person.
Always seems to be full of Americans telling y'all how foiked up Australia is.......ironic.

FJB & FJT
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Raeford
I come to the Australia forum for insight on a far-away land that I'll more than likely never see in person.
Always seems to be full of Americans telling y'all how foiked up Australia is.......ironic.

I wouldn't mind seeing your southern states, but have absolutely no interest in any of your cities...not a single skerrick of interest.

J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
Originally Posted by zeissman
Yes, a lot of Philipino's. They work hard, don't complain, don't have girlfriend or drug issues and are reliable. The young kiwi farm boys are generally good, strong, hard workers too. However, unlike the Philipino's they want a new pickup 4x4 or a hot car like most young guys these days. They want higher wages than the $22 per hour farm workers get so farmers have trouble retaining them.

Not so good for the Philipinos who go sailing with the dairy cows!

My brother in law has Philipinos working for him. Good workers as you say.

Thats the trouble with minimum wage.

I am MAGA.
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J

Try going to a religion thread! They are full of Australian atheists!

I am MAGA.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R

I wouldn't mind seeing your southern states, but have absolutely no interest in any of your cities...not a single skerrick of interest.

I rarely ever leave our 'southern states'.....for good reason.

FJB & FJT
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by zeissman

Not so good for the Philipinos who go sailing with the dairy cows!

My brother in law has Philipinos working for him. Good workers as you say.

Thats the trouble with minimum wage.

A very close friend in Tennessee is 1/2 Filipino, he's a long hours/hard working mofo.
We consume lots of beer together in his off hours.
reckon the beer drinkin comes from his 1/2 Ohioan side LOL

FJB & FJT
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by UPhiker
Originally Posted by pete53
i just had a neighbor move to Australia glad they left America for good , they were a family always looking for freebies , they were lazy and all for Liberal politics , they will be a good fit down under .
Did they just move or did he have a job waiting? Australia doesn't usually let people show up and stay, even before Covid. You have to be useful to them.

the so called wife was once married to an Aussie but born and raised in Asia learn well how to get lots of hand outs from the governments , this newer American husband she has now was born a AMERICA and raised here came from a good family but has always taken the easy path so ya they will fit right in down in Aussie land. free free glad they are gone !

I am glad to be born an American and that i live in America too . sure is nice to be able to carry a legal handgun and have a AR-15 loaded and ready at home in America !

Last edited by pete53; 03/27/23.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by windridge
Health care expenses are the leading cause of personal bankruptcy.
Actually this is not true. I read the study that is commonly cited, and the assumption they used is that if any person who declared bankruptcy had over $1000 in unpaid medical expenses they classified the bankruptcy as due to health care expenses. This is very misleading.

Also, government provided health care is generally not as good as private health care. There have been a number of studies on life expectancy for people with serious health conditions and people in the US live longer on average than people in places like Canada and the UK where they have "free" health care.

DBT Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Try going to a religion thread! They are full of Australian atheists!

Two or three is hardly a thread full.

Z
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Z
Originally Posted by pete53
...I am glad to be born an American and that i live in America too . sure is nice to be able to carry a legal handgun and have a AR-15 loaded and ready at home in America !

That's good Pete; people should be proud of their particular countries. As far as carrying legal handguns and having an AR-15 loaded and ready at home you must think you need them where you live. They aren't necessary in Australia or NZ for defense. That's a freedom we have that many Americans find hard to understand. I've recently cracked 70 years and have never known a single law abiding person that needed a firearm for self defense and I was in law enforcement for many years. Gangs and violent criminals don't bother the public as they have no need to.

I travelled all over the U.S. in my early 20"s before settling down and a couple of times since. Once on business. I never felt unsafe except in a couple of large cities at night. Lots of nice little towns all over the country.

Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
106 members (338reddog, 10gaugeman, 35, 32_20fan, 257robertsimp, 11 invisible), 1,412 guests, and 680 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,589
Posts18,397,882
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.