Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
You serve in some super secret spec ops unit Burnsie? What was your mos?

I’d love to see actually see you in a fist fight. Can you do one push up now? Lol

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by ribka
Burns

Were you a pilot?

Navy SEAL?

Delta Force?

Tank commander?

Force recon?

You seem to be an accomplished subject matter experts in all of these area

Just curious

Thanks!!!

Originally Posted by navlav8r
John, how long was the Tomcat in service? How long has the F-35 been operationally deployed? Comparing their safety record is a little apples and oranges.

The F-35 has a lot of capabilities that can’t be discussed here. A friend of mine, a Marine colonel has deployed with the F-35 and he told me that once the pilot gets the hang of using everything, it’s an incredible platform. Personally, I’d much rather fight in a two engine platform with the redundant electrical and hydraulic systems.

Can a f35 land on a dirt river road in a a combat area like a SU

Damn you are a stupid one.

WIZARD.

[Linked Image from external-content.duckduckgo.com]

Last edited by ribka; 03/27/23.
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
HUH?…………

I thought Russian won months ago……

Must need em 4 a parade?

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

W
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
W
I thought Putin would march through Ukraine like Sherman through Georga.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by wabigoon
I thought Putin would march through Ukraine like Sherman through Georga.

A lot of people did, and I thought they might too.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Angus1895
HUH?…………

Must need em 4 a parade?

Thirty one countries now against one "backward gas station" as Obama and McCain called Russia. You would think with 31 against 1 it would have ended long ago and the sanctions would have worked lol

And the banking system is collapsing now in the US Canada and Europe and inflation continues to sky rocket to prop up a corrupt regime run by NAZIS and trannies. lol

20 years and over a trillion dollars and the Afghan goat herders just kicked out the most powerful army in world history humiliating them and took biliions of their high tech weapons

clown world

saliva Ukraine!

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
John, how long was the Tomcat in service? How long has the F-35 been operationally deployed? Comparing their safety record is a little apples and oranges.

The F-35 has a lot of capabilities that can’t be discussed here. A friend of mine, a Marine colonel has deployed with the F-35 and he told me that once the pilot gets the hang of using everything, it’s an incredible platform. Personally, I’d much rather fight in a two engine platform with the redundant electrical and hydraulic systems.

My old boss, retired USAF Col, headed up the testing program for the AF version of the F35. He's got lots of combat time and has flow something like 30 military aircraft (including a MiG). He's biased of course but he thinks the F35 is the best plane he's ever flown.

FWIW.

Carpe' Scrotum
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I would guess that's just about exactly what they will use them for. They probably have very little ammunition they could trust for the smaller guns. Give them each a round or two and send them in. When they get to PBR try the gun. If it goes off even if it doesn't work well or hit anything, it still has to draw return fire. One less 300,000 dollar missile for tanks that are more likely to work. They can probably accomplish that mission with a one or two man crew. and Russia seems to be inclined toward expendable bodies so only one or two is better than a squad or a full tank crew.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by viking
Brilliant, send in old stuff to use up the Ukes anti tank weapons.
LOL this ^^^
Then send in the Wagner Group human waves and use up all the Uke's small arms ammo.
Putin is a great military strategist and has many T-34's in currently in museums to be sent in for the mop up.

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
How did the F 35 handle modern Air defense systems in combat scenarios?

Originally Posted by Steve

My old boss, retired USAF Col, headed up the testing program for the AF version of the F35. He's got lots of combat time and has flow something like 30 military aircraft (including a MiG). He's biased of course but he thinks the F35 is the best plane he's ever flown.

FWIW.

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by MILES58
I would guess that's just about exactly what they will use them for. They probably have very little ammunition they could trust for the smaller guns. Give them each a round or two and send them in. When they get to PBR try the gun. If it goes off even if it doesn't work well or hit anything, it still has to draw return fire. One less 300,000 dollar missile for tanks that are more likely to work. They can probably accomplish that mission with a one or two man crew. and Russia seems to be inclined toward expendable bodies so only one or two is better than a squad or a full tank crew.

so that is how Russians use tanks and BMP's in their infantry and marines? Russia has no ammunition now?

Where did you read that?

IC B3

R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
Originally Posted by Direct_Drive
Originally Posted by viking
Brilliant, send in old stuff to use up the Ukes anti tank weapons.
LOL this ^^^
Then send in the Wagner Group human waves and use up all the Ulke's small arms ammo.
Putin is a great military strategist and has many T-34's in currently in museums to be sent in for the mop up.

How many millions does Russia have now serving in Wagner to employ the "human wave" strategy? How many times has Wagner units deployed the "human wave" strategy fighting most in urban areas?

I d like to see a link

Thanks

boomers should stick to reruns of murder she wrote. Maybe you'll get to see Angela Landsbury's ankle?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How did the F 35 handle modern Air defense systems in combat scenarios?

Originally Posted by Steve

FWIW.

Don't know. Just sharing what he told me. Not sure how much of that he could talk about.

Carpe' Scrotum
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
so that is how Russians use tanks and BMP's in their infantry and marines? Russia has no ammunition now?

Where did you read that?

The T34 had a 3 inch gun. The T54 had a 100mm gun Both much smaller than the T72/T82. Why would they have current ammo for either? Priming and powder from WWII was corrosive and deteriorated respectively.

Getting enough out of those old tanks to cover the cost of fuel has to come from somewhere, and the only logical place is burning off ammunition the Ukes have so they don't spend that ammo on their current tanks. The are using their T72/T82 tanks because had they started with the T90s/T14s they'd have nothing left but the T72/T82 junkers. 500 gallons of fuel at their cost is probably a worthwhile trade off for them if they can get the Ukes to shoot something expensive at the old T34/T54 tanks.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
HUH?…………

Must need em 4 a parade?

Thirty one countries now against one "backward gas station" as Obama and McCain called Russia. You would think with 31 against 1 it would have ended long ago and the sanctions would have worked lol

And the banking system is collapsing now in the US Canada and Europe and inflation continues to sky rocket to prop up a corrupt regime run by NAZIS and trannies. lol

20 years and over a trillion dollars and the Afghan goat herders just kicked out the most powerful army in world history humiliating them and took biliions of their high tech weapons

clown world

saliva Ukraine!

IMO, the goat fuggers didn't kick us out. Biden turned tail and ran. Left our brothers and sisters to basically fend for themselves

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
HUH?…………

Must need em 4 a parade?

clown world

saliva Ukraine!

IMO, the goat fuggers didn't kick us out. Biden turned tail and ran. Left our brothers and sisters to basically fend for themselves
That's right ^^^
The mission was over, Bin Laden was dead and it was time to GTFO of that schitthole.
Biden and his incompetence didn't know how to do it.
Bagram Airbase should have been where the last American got airborne.

B L M - Bureau of Land Management
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So tell us
Putins lil

Butt Buddy Bot Boy…….

31 countries want to help Ukraine?

And U know better?

Last edited by Angus1895; 03/27/23.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

A
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
HUH?…………

Must need em 4 a parade?

clown world

saliva Ukraine!

Afghanistan is not made to be forged into a cohesive nation:

[Linked Image from cdn.shopify.com]

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's right ^^^
The mission was over, Bin Laden was dead and it was time to GTFO of that schitthole.

Kinda simplified for the few dummie Anti Americans here on the fire but this is pretty much right.

Trying to nation build, spending American blood, in an area that will never be a real nation was a fools errand.

Helping Ukraine become the country they want to be by sending weapons is a much better use of US assets.

Will pay handsome dividends in the future.

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
That's right ^^^

Kinda simplified for the few dummie Anti Americans here on the fire but this is pretty much right.

Trying to nation build, spending American blood, in an area that will never be a real nation was a fools errand.

Helping Ukraine become the country they want to be by sending weapons is a much better use of US assets.

to who, politicians. You are one dumb mf

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

Ukraine has been paying handsome dividends to Democrat investments, courtesy of the American taxpayers, for the past several years. So you want that investment model to continue?? Pfft...

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

514 members (17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 204guy, 007FJ, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 48 invisible), 2,642 guests, and 1,254 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,598
Posts18,454,390
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.