-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Of course you are correct wageslave. I deleted the post, and will find out what the gentleman I spoke of did, very few trophy hunters achieved his level of accomplishments, remarkable actually.

I do know that he was born an orphan, and ended up being an incredible person.

Alberta Outdoorsmen Trolls get under my skin.

Cheers ~ KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 04/01/23.

KB

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Nice.
I started out as a poor black child.
I set no records….
But my ministry to welfare mothers has been fruitful…..
Shalom

Have Dog

Will Travel

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by wageslave
Nice.
I started out as a poor black child.
I set no records….
But my ministry to welfare mothers has been fruitful…..
Shalom

Hi wageslave, congratulations on having a ministry, that you yourself have established, specifically to help welfare mothers, beautiful!

Our Lord works wonderers, in many ways, AMEN smile

KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 04/02/23.

KB

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Kenneth
Could I see the list of who’s ranked 1st, 2nd and 3rd, ‘at one time’? Should be interesting.

Just wondering if maybe I’m mentioned.

Hi Kenneth,

As mentioned, I was going to do some research to back up my claim that my father’s friend was listed as #4, I made a big mistake he is listed as #2

My father’s hunting friend’s name was Watson Toshinori Yoshimoto and he was the recipient of many awards including, the Weatherby Big Game Award, the Safari Club International Hunter Conservation Award, and induction into the Safari Club International Hall of Fame, he is also listed in the Super Slam of North American Big Game, there are only 209 hunters that made this list to date.

Because my father had an amazing group of friends that were serious hunters, I was fortunate enough to hunt some very exclusive properties, that most will never even hear of.

To my little Alberta Troll friend, please feel free to print out the Super Slam Award, roll it into a tube shape, and stick it up your butt. Loser!

Listings

The Safari Club International Record Book

Watson T. Yoshimoto is listed in this very prestigious record book. #2, # 1 is SCI’s founder C.J. McElroy

He has 274 entries in SCI’s record Book with 31 photos of him.

The Safari Club International Record Book is the largest such record-keeping system in the world. Trophies are measured and listed according to size (horns, antlers, tusks, and/or body size), where taken (free range or estate), how taken (bow and arrow, rifle, muzzleloader), and whether typical or atypical for the species. Medals and awards are presented dependent on ranking within species. This book ranks every species of game animal using the SCI official scoring method. The book allows hunters to gain recognition for their hunting skills. It is also used by scientific institutions and governments to provide an index of the health of wildlife populations.

The Weatherby Award

Watson was awarded this awarded in 1980, picture of him with the actor Robert Stack and Roy Weatherby

The Weatherby Award is awarded annually for remarkable lifetime achievements in the field of hunting and conservation. It is considered "the Nobel Prize equivalent in hunting and conservationism" and the pinnacle to a long, successful hunting career.

Watson with the picture of him with the actor Robert Stack and Roy Weatherby
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The Super Slam of Big Game - Watson is listed as # 12

The Grand Slam Club — later to become Grand Slam Club/Ovis — was founded in 1956 by Bob Housholder. It was a time of rising popularity for conservation, and records preservation was part of that initiative. One of his goals was to document those who bagged all North American trophies recognized by Boone & Crockett, ultimately keeping track of these impressive animals and the hunters who tagged them.

As a result, in time, the Super Slam of North American Big Game® was born. This achievement hasn’t been accomplished by many individuals, though. The complete list of registered recipients holds only 209 names. That’s a very small crowd, and it takes serious dedication, planning, resources, and time to become part of it.

All of his trophies were donated to the National Museum of Nature and Science in Toyoko, and are on display there today. It is called the “Yashimoto Collection”.

Here are a few pictures Of Watson and his animals on display in Toyoko.

KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 04/05/23.

KB

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I would love to have the money that is tied up in the taxidermy for his collection.

Jim

IC B2

B
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Checkmate KB! That was an awesome post. That is an amazing collection.

A
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
A
Wow, you really put some serious time and effort into that “research” lol. It’s hilarious how easy it is to get in your head.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by albertadave
Wow, you really put some serious time and effort into that “research” lol. It’s hilarious how easy it is to get in your head.

Took about 30 minutes to make you the laughingstock of this forum.

You are a world-class A-Hole. It was my pleasure to show you up, for the clown you are albertajerkoff. lol

You may slink back into your troll hole now, loser. cool

KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 04/05/23.

KB

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by KillerBee
As mentioned, I was going to do some research to back up my claim that my father’s friend was listed as #4, I made a big mistake he is listed as #2

LoL. Killer hits it outa the park again.

Great pics.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bobdahunter
Checkmate KB! That was an awesome post. That is an amazing collection.

Thanks bobdahunter,

Watson's collection is nothing short of incredible, can't even begin to imagine how many interesting stories he could tell about his exploits. What a life hey?

Looking forward to seeing your African trip photos, hope you slam some B&C critters!

KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 04/06/23.

KB

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What a different life it can be with lots of money......I can't imagine how much was invested in gathering a collection of mounts like that one!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hi CanuckShooter,

Watson's collection includes 400 specimens of various mounting styles, with 173 species. Not including a Giant Ostrage and other birds.

The “Yoshimoto Collection” consists of specimens Watson hunted from all over the world, from 1957 to 1995.

KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 04/07/23.

KB

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

all this talk about head ? you must drink Bud Light beer now ?

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
"ranked #4 Big Game hunter of his time"
What kind of bs is that? Where exactly would a person find these rankings? Who's doing the ranking? You? If so, I'm sure that you're ranked #1 hahahaha

It's amazing how trolls disappear like the cowards they are when they are proven to be ignorant blowhards hey pete53?

From this day forward I am calling albertadave, albertajerkoff. Well earned and more appropriate in his case. Pathetic slob!

KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 04/08/23.

KB

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
LOL, fair enough, there is a ‘ranking’ of hunters…….

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I had an excellent trip with Stone Mountain Safaris outside Toad River in 2008. Elk and moose. An incredible wilderness experience.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
LOL, fair enough, there is a ‘ranking’ of hunters…….

My pleasure to educate you, Kenneth. Apparently, we both needed the education in order to not look stupid on hunting forums.

Being a meat hunter I had no idea of any ranking systems myself. Now we both know, right?

Happy hunting sir,

KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 04/09/23.

KB

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
A ranking of “hunters” is by no means any indication of hunting ability, No education needed here,

Throwing large stacks at guided hunts does not equate to a ‘ranking’ implying that one is better than others,

They may have more money to throw at hunts, That does not equate to being a better or best hunter,

A ranking is nothing more than some egotistical pat on the back at the good ole boys club,

I may agree with ranking (scoring) individual animals, but not hunters.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A ranking of “hunters” is by no means any indication of hunting ability, No education needed here,

Throwing large stacks at guided hunts does not equate to a ‘ranking’ implying that one is better than others,

They may have more money to throw at hunts, That does not equate to being a better or best hunter,

A ranking is nothing more than some egotistical pat on the back at the good ole boys club,

I may agree with ranking (scoring) individual animals, but not hunters.

In part I agree with you comments Kenneth.

If you read my posts above you will see that i do not consider guided hunts as truly "Hunting" to me they are more akin to being "Shooting Adventures", and there is nothing wrong with that as far as I am concerned.

None the less, there is a ranking system, and you should thank me for educating you, since like me, you were unaware they existed, based on your post.

KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 04/09/23.

KB

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by KillerBee
Hi CanuckShooter,

Watson's collection includes 400 specimens of various mounting styles, with 173 species. Not including a Giant Ostrage and other birds.

The “Yoshimoto Collection” consists of specimens Watson hunted from all over the world, from 1957 to 1995.

KB

I may not have 173 species under my belt, but I probably have that many big game harvests. ;-) And I never went on a single guided hunt. Still a pretty impressive collection he put together.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (007FJ, 270winchester, 22250rem, 12344mag, 270wsmnutt, 3040Krag, 48 invisible), 2,199 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,239
Posts18,466,760
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.