24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I've only shot/got (3) different aftermarket Mini Bitch Bottoms. Wayne's,the Jefferson Outdoor CZ magfed DBM and the Jefferson Outdoor Gen2 BDL. Of the trio,the JO Gen2 BDL is THE one for Dirty Duty Utility. Hint.

Wayne's,as recenly illustrated. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

The JO CZ magfed DBM,from HPK. Hint.

The JO Gen2 BDL,from HPK. Hint.

You WANT the Jefferson Outdoor Gen2 BDL Bitch. Hint...................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
BP-B6

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Thanks Stick.
Thanks Kaleb.

Last edited by David_Walter; 03/28/23.

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
It's too bad Howa cheaped out so much with their DBM rig. I was hoping the CZ metal would be a bit longer, but whatever, I dig the rifle but it'll get the JO metal BM soon enough.

Semper Fi
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by beretzs
It's too bad Howa cheaped out so much with their DBM rig. I was hoping the CZ metal would be a bit longer, but whatever, I dig the rifle but it'll get the JO metal BM soon enough.

Sorta like buying a 700 Rem knowing you’re going home with a box gun that will need modifications to make it better.

But the net cost, out the door, is a lot better with a Howa 1500 than a 700.

As an aside…Anyone thinking that Stick couldn’t have been a world champion at playing Mr. Potato Head is high af. He’s a fabricating phenomenon. Lol

🦫

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Beaver10

Sorta like buying a 700 Rem knowing you’re going home with a box gun that will need modifications to make it better.

As an aside…Anyone thinking that Stick couldn’t have been a world champion at playing Mr. Potato Head is high af. He’s a fabricating phenomenon. Lol

🦫

It's horrible when you buy good [bleep] and have to spend a few 100 more bucks to make it "just right"... Damned Tikka guys just buy em and shoot em.. Bastids whistle

Semper Fi
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

🦫

It's horrible when you buy good [bleep] and have to spend a few 100 more bucks to make it "just right"... Damned Tikka guys just buy em and shoot em.. Bastids whistle

Yeah, like buying all those fancy metal bottoms for AICS mags, when a guy could slut the Tik’s OEM plastique bottom - stuff an extendo Aussie made mag into it for a C-note and rock on.

I’ll just dive under my bed now until Stick gets done shelling my position…Wish me luck, Scott. 😂🦫

“Molon Labe”
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

🦫

Yeah, like buying all those fancy metal bottoms for AICS mags, when a guy could slut the Tik’s OEM plastique bottom - stuff an extendo Aussie made mag into it for a C-note and rock on.

I’ll just dive under my bed now until Stick gets done shelling my position…Wish me luck, Scott. 😂🦫

HA! The Aussie stuff didn't look too bad for what you paid for it.. I do dislike plastic though. I never had a lick of problem with them, but plain old Tikka mags while reliable suck for retention in my opinion. I hunted lions in Idaho a few years back with the Tikka 6.5 Creed. The rifle was a great shooter and I wanted it for a chance at woofs as well. Having that rifle over my head on sleds and hiking when I needed both hands had me backtracking that nasty sidehill country to recover my mag a few times. Duct Taped them in after that episode.. So, while they work, I never forgave em!

[Linked Image from hosting.photobucket.com]

Now that poor little one lunged Ski Doo probably never forgave me...

Last edited by beretzs; 03/28/23.

Semper Fi
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I've only shot/got (3) different aftermarket Mini Bitch Bottoms. Wayne's,the Jefferson Outdoor CZ magfed DBM and the Jefferson Outdoor Gen2 BDL. Of the trio,the JO Gen2 BDL is THE one for Dirty Duty Utility. Hint.

Wayne's,as recenly illustrated. Hint.

The JO CZ magfed DBM,from HPK. Hint.

The JO Gen2 BDL,from HPK. Hint.

You WANT the Jefferson Outdoor Gen2 BDL Bitch. Hint...................

If retention is the focus would not the Jefferson blind floor plate be the crown jewel (other than being out of stock currently)? 3 down vs 4 down is a drawback I suppose...

Ordered a mini ARC from Brownells the other day and currently eyeballing the blind option for my purposes.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

🦫

HA! The Aussie stuff didn't look too bad for what you paid for it.. I do dislike plastic though. I never had a lick of problem with them, but plain old Tikka mags while reliable suck for retention in my opinion. I hunted lions in Idaho a few years back with the Tikka 6.5 Creed. The rifle was a great shooter and I wanted it for a chance at woofs as well. Having that rifle over my head on sleds and hiking when I needed both hands had me backtracking that nasty sidehill country to recover my mag a few times. Duct Taped them in after that episode.. So, while they work, I never forgave em!

Awesome pic!

You may need a smidge bigger snow sled next time, me thinks.

Petite isn’t a word I’d use to describe you.

😬🦫

“Molon Labe”
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

🦫

Awesome pic!

You may need a smidge bigger snow sled next time, me thinks.

Petite isn’t a word I’d use to describe you.

😬🦫

Hey man, it was better than walking... Climbing up around the Middle Fork was enough hiking... Damn dogs just wander wherever they want...

Semper Fi
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Couldn't fhuqking stand it. Rifle hangs a bit over 1/2",mainly as that was as hard as I could hold the Illuminatti,with the dots I put on paper this morning. They were round,so Mechanics are sound and I couldn't miss 1000yd steel. Hint.

Came home and thought WTF?!? So I just simply removed Wayne's World,bucked the JO DBM latch flush with the bottom metal,now in order to release a mag,you gotta try. 5 rounds down in the schitty CZ mags. Set zero stop,removed windage turret and only need to chop the spout. BabyMan was wanting to play in the snow,rather than watch me shoot or run a hacksaw and I get it. Had lotsa rifles in tow. Hint....................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
That would definitely make it difficult to accidentally drop the magazine....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'd rather search a second for a mag latch,than hunt for however long,trying to retrace a dropped mag(which likely can't be found). BT/DT,with more than a few platforms and FHUQK that. Fhuqk Teekers in particular,unless AICS or CTR fed. Hint.(grin)

Dude,your Gen2 BDL bottom is sensational. Very WELL executed and everyone I know will be driving same. Prepare for some OT. Hint..................

H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
I sold out of everything I had in the store over the weekend, definitely a first. I figured that last run would hold me until more material arrived but I was wrong. I have double the material for another run incoming.

I expect to be spending some late nights trying to feed the demand for a while.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm not very sorry,because I warned you. Hint.(grin)

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
For sure. From the pics here the JO stuff looks top notch. Cool to see a maker put out good stuff at a good price. Completes those Minis just about perfect.

Semper Fi
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Chris at JO sent me an improved mag latch that eliminates the need to file a notch in some of the 3-shot CZ mags (like mine). Replacing that is on “the list”. Haven’t had an issue with retention yet, but haven’t been on any snowmobiles either.

Meanwhile, the JO Gen2 hinged unit is due to land here Friday. I like the looks…….

What fresh Hell is this?
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
What's the recommended barrel chop length for a 20" HB model to get better balance? I have both a 22" lightweight model which balances great mid stock and a 20" HB model that is really front heavy.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You need a heavier scope😜

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Couldn't fhuqking stand it. THE Chop at 19". Hint.

MUCH fhuqking better,if only as per always. Hint...............

Page 8 of 15 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 14 15

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
86 members (308ld, 338reddog, 35, 257_X_50, 10gaugemag, 257robertsimp, 8 invisible), 1,562 guests, and 776 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,761
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.