Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Me and the kid have kind of the same build I’m 5’2 and weigh 390lbs. Unfortunately the holsters recommended here don’t work for me.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 79S
Me and the kid have kind of the same build I’m 5’2 and weigh 390lbs. Unfortunately the holsters recommended here don’t work for me.

Laughin' here..........

I don't think you're serious about the 5-2, 390...............but if IWB or AIWB just doesn't work, get a J frame, put it in your pants pocket & carry a couple of speedloaders.

If that don't work, get a man purse. grin

Maybe a man bun too?

MM

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 79S

Could always "keester" a bond arms 😉

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'm cheap and made my own leather IWB holster. I carry an IJ-70 which is basically the same size as a Glock 19.

I wear a tee shirt and other than a slight print if I bend over, it is comfortable and unobtrusive. I wear at 4:00.

I have about $8.00 in it.

The cow is where you are, the bull is where you want to be.

No one gets something for nothing unless someone else got nothing for something.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
MM, are you able to move around, pick stuff up off the ground, etc while carrying AIWB with the holster you mentioned above? My first attempt was painful enough that it became my only attempt at AIWB, but I'll give your recommended holster a shot if you think that would help. I'm not willing to give up a primary movement for better concealment/faster presentation though.

IC B2

T
TheKid Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
I worked with a guy who was the first proponent of AIWB I ever met. We had a similar build and he let me try out his rig for a day. I could see the advantages, no worries about bending over and showing your gun etc. but I just couldn’t warm to the concept. I guess I’d rather have a gun pointed at my ass cheek than my femoral and right nut.

I may go look at some pistols in the next few days and weigh some options. I appreciate the suggestions and keep them coming.

Wish someone made something as thin as a Colt 1903 that was a single stack 10 shooter in 9mm.

T
TheKid Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by 79S

I always saw the stout muscular guys like you with the Miami Vice shoulder rigs. Jackass even made one with a Bowie knife sheath on the weak side. Pretty slick setup for a streetfighter

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Shield Plus in a good IWB holster at 3-4 o'clock will hide under a t shirt.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
'Nother option that helps conceal a little better is a tee shirt made by Duluth traders.

They have a three inch longer tail, so one can bend without showing your gun as much.

Virgil B.

Last edited by vbshootinrange; 03/30/23.
H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
I had a first version LCP tucked behind a rubber wallet (back pocket). Stayed put but came out easy.
Bout as thin a setup as I could find.

Went P365 and run a Fobus paddle or Sticky.

Last edited by hookeye; 03/30/23.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Cut the sleeves off your "carry shirt".

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TheKid
I worked with a guy who was the first proponent of AIWB I ever met. We had a similar build and he let me try out his rig for a day. I could see the advantages, no worries about bending over and showing your gun etc. but I just couldn’t warm to the concept. I guess I’d rather have a gun pointed at my ass cheek than my femoral and right nut.

So you're concerned that your guns (any guns?) aren't really "safe" to carry?

Even with a gun with 2 safety's like a 1911?

Or an M&P or a Sig with a thumb safety added

Well, good luck with your holster (& safe gun) search ................

MM

T
TheKid Online Content OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
T
No I’m not concerned with my guns being “safe”. I stated in the OP that I usually carry a revolver that doesn’t have a “safety”.

I came here and asked for suggestions and advice. You provided some. I stated that I wasn’t sure that method was for me.

Sometimes [bleep] happens and people screw up especially under duress. Fact is that when you draw the gun you will have a loaded gun in your hand pointed at a more important part of the body drawing from AIWB than from the 3-5oclock. Not something I’m comfortable with at this juncture, your mileage obviously varies and that’s perfectly OK. No need to be a douche.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
It’s the reholstering that will get you. Nobody wants Glock nut…

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sig P365 of whatever variant you prefer and a tee shirt one size up. That's my summer dress here when it's hot.
Look for a tee shirt that's cut longer at the waist and you don't need to worry when bending over.

Let's Go Brandon! FJB
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
I guess I’d rather have a gun pointed at my ass cheek than my femoral and right nut.

I was born brave but identify as paranoid. My pronouns are cautious/selfish. I’m careful because I want to keep my parts. Just can’t adopt the concept though others critical I will not be.

6’ 190#. Do a G23 or S&W 5903 in a plain old Galco rough side out IWB clip. I dress around them. Cool whether I may go Blackhawk paddle with cover. Summertime casual is a dark loose tshirt, or rib T under a square tail collard shirt with some kind of print or pattern. My decision to carry full size was a trade off with extra rounds and better handling winning. Wife has the M&P Compact with safety mentioned. It is indeed a handy tool. The G48 is quite interesting and will have my attention should I buy again.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Good info here. I need to start carrying more but I don't know much about the best ways to do it. For the last several years when I do carry its been putting my 351pd 7 shot 22 mag in my pocket or my 360pd 357.

With all the mob like activities the last few years I stepped up to a 365 with 13 round magazine in it and another spare. I need to figure out the best way to carry it.

I also have an m&p compact in 40 with a safety that I really like too. I shoot better with it than most guns. I think it's 13 rounds with a little mag extension and I have a few cases of Winchester Ranger T police trade in ammo. I'd like to find a good comfortable way to carry the 40.

I carry the little Smith 40 sometimes camping and fishing when I don't feel like packing a 10mm or 44 mag. I have some lazercast 180g flat nose stuff I loaded years ago that does 1080 fps from the 3.6" barrel and runs reliably.

Bb

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
With all the mob like activities the last few years I stepped up to a 365 with 13 round magazine in it and another spare. I need to figure out the best way to carry it.

Sounds like the right mindset...........there's really nowhere with any significant level of population today, that is immune from all the BS happening.

Anytime, anywhere.

No matter how one chooses to carry, even if not fully optimum, or if even it prints a little, it's a far better situation than not carrying at all.

Pick something that you can start with & move forward with it..................you can adjust or change as needed later.

And for the most part, except for other people versed on weaponry, no one really notices............it's more in your own mind than on anyone else's, IMO.

MM

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by MontanaMan
You really need to move to appendix IWB carry (AWIB)..............& with a loose fitting T-shirt it will conceal with a decent sized gun better than anything else.

And get yourself a S&W M&P 2.0 Compact with a 3.6" barrel & forget about the Glocks as the footprint of the M&P is much easier to conceal & it's a full size grip, 15 round gun.

This is the holster, below, that you need & pics of the M&P 2.0 Compact in it. (It comes standard with a "wing" which pushes the gun butt in tighter to your body)

Appendix carry for some takes a little getting used to & you may have to make yourself work at it in the beginning....................after a few days, you'll likely never want anything else.

It conceals better, has faster access standing or sitting & is easy to sit with for vehicle use.

But correct fit clothing is important............loose fit doesn't need to be 2 sizes too big, just a matter of how it's cut. Not all shirts are cut the same.

MM

TXC Holster

Model X1 TXC holster with 3.6" barrel M& P Compact 2.0

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Thank You, MM.!

"I'd rather have an Army of Asses led by a Lion, than an Army of Lions led by an Ass." (George Washington)
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Guess I qualify as skinny at 5'11" and 170, LOL. I like my 365XL and for now I'm still using the OWB holster that came with my pistol as a kit and wear it at the 4 o'clock position. Just make sure that my T-shirt is long enough to cover when I bend over and don't worry too much about printing, as others have said, most people aren't looking close enough to even notice if you're carrying or not and I don't really care if they do any more.
When i first started carrying I felt like everyone was looking at me, knowing that I was carrying. Carry long enough and you almost forget that you are and you stop thinking that everyone else is looking at you.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
728 members (007FJ, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 204guy, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 74 invisible), 2,934 guests, and 1,293 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,774
Posts18,401,552
Members73,823
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.