BP-B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Norma has Tac22 back in stock. 15% off site wide puts em at < 38 bucks a brick

Norma15 code.

Thanks for the heads up^^. I'm still trying to decide if it's any better than Federal Automatch. I know it's greasier!!!

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
R
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
R
They also have their Match .22 in stock if someone wanted to give it a whirl.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Norma15 code.

Thanks for the heads up^^. I'm still trying to decide if it's any better than Federal Automatch. I know it's greasier!!!

Don’t know if it’s better my rimfires shoot both about the same. But how do you judge 1/2 cent difference.

Swifty
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Norma15 code.

Don’t know if it’s better my rimfires shoot both about the same. But how do you judge 1/2 cent difference.

Good way to look at it I guess. In my calculations it is a penny more per shot, but who's counting. When I get back from my vaca, I will do some testing with some new lots of automatch. I know the old lots shot very well out of my rifles. All of my rifles in fact.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Curious, is this bulk "plinking" ammo or similar to CCI Standard Velocity?

With the 15% off coupon may be worth a try.

StarchedCover

Last edited by StarchedCover; 03/31/23.

Semper Fi
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by StarchedCover
Curious, is this bulk "plinking" ammo or similar to CCI Standard Velocity?

With the 15% off coupon may be worth a try.

StarchedCover
Should be in 50 round boxes like this:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

I'm not trying to bad mouth it. It seems to be great ammo. I tried it for the first time a few weeks ago. I need to do a little more shooting with it, to be certain it is as good as cheaper Federal Automatch in MY rifle. That may be the kicker though. My rifle seems to be very accurate with just about everything I put in it. In the past, I've shot better groups with Federal bulk. The lube that is on the Tac 22 gets all over your hands too, which I don't like. If you take a rag with you to the range, it's not a huge deal. Just a heads up, if you've never tried it. I know some guys report phenomenal accuracy out of their rifles. In the above post robertham said they also have match ammo, which I found to shoot slightly better than Tac22, but that was a couple years ago and I ran across some of that for a damn good deal. If it were me, I'd buy the Norma match ammo over the Tac22. But again, that is just my personal preference based on my own experience. Thanks to swifty for posting up the discount code!!

BSA MAGA
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Tac gives me similar results to SK standard, with just slightly larger groups. Match has shot terribly in the guns I’ve tried it in, groups opened to an inch with my Anschutz. I was blown away. Haven’t tried auto match in a long time but always got flyers with it before.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
jackmountain-

My results with Tac mimic yours. Same on the Match which I commented earlier. My CZ's didn't like it at all.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Tac 22 shoots way above its price point...... Match not so much, not sure why!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B3

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W

Norma15 code.

Thanks for the info on the discount code. I just ordered some more. My rifle shoots TAC-22 really well. Good price.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Scheels had it for $3.99/box last week. Someone posted a link and I grabbed 2 bricks. Shoulda grabbed 4.

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Scheels had it for $3.99/box last week. Someone posted a link and I grabbed 2 bricks. Shoulda grabbed 4.

They still do right now, according to their website.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
interesting that Norma Match does not shoot well in your rifles:
(10 shot groups as per usual)

Even my iron sight rifles love it. Granted, my rifles shoot pretty good..
That was the first 10 shot group fired from my Savage mk1 FVT^^^:
Even before I put it in a better stock:

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I’ve ordered 5-6k of Tac-22 in the past year or so.

Probably fired 1.5-2k rounds of it, been very happy so far. Both the black box and red box versions have been accurate and functioned fine in all my rifles and pistols except my Glock 44.

My two Ruger pistols run it fine, but it sticks in the Glock chamber every time.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
BSA-

That's interesting that your Savage shot the TacMatch well. My CZ's did not like it at all compared to regular Tac. Glad yours liked it. You never know until you try.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I just shot 4 target rifles with 4 different types of ammo. TAC was in last place on 3/4. Used CCI standard, SK+, Center X.
I just opened a new case of TAC, and gave a brick to my buddy, it shot great. So lot to lot lottery like most 22s.
New opened case is actually from 2017 at Cabelas. I forgot I had that case. I heard it was made by RWS at some point in the past.
Comparing CCI SV to TAC. TAC has more fliers, and more vertical dispersion at 100 yards. Both have a lot more vertical dispersion than SK and CenterX. I imagine that is the powder weight variability, although it could be primer, crimp, or projectile.
I shoot a 10 shot sighter group. and a 10 shot test group.
I guess if someone offed me a free case of CCI or TAC, I would go CCI I guess.
Center X shot the best at 100 in all rifles.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Razorhog
BSA-

That's interesting that your Savage shot the TacMatch well. My CZ's did not like it at all compared to regular Tac. Glad yours liked it. You never know until you try.

Exactly. Most of us here know that when testing for the best accuracy, grab everything you have and try it out. Every rifle is different. Especially when we are talking 22lr. Yeah, I lucked in to a little amount of the Norma Match when Sportsman's was getting rid of it. I wish I could have tried it in my newer Savage MKII FVT target rifle. I'm sure it would have liked it as well. It shoots just about everything I've tried in it very well. Even cheap American Eagle (Federal) ammo. To be honest, I love it when a rifle shoots the cheap stuff as well as the higher dollar stuff. I actually search those rifles out. They are keepers.

Correction: I did find a target where I shot Norma match ammo in my newer Savage MKII FVT:

That was the last of that ammo that I had. I'll buy more when I see it again. Then do a real comparison between it and TAC22. I do know that from limited testing, that rifle may prefer the cheaper American Eagle

I'm thinking it will also like TAC22 just fine. It's not picky. I have a buddy wanting to go out and shoot some 22lr target rifles, so I'll probably drag some of mine out and dust them off..

BSA MAGA
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
How are those FVTs out of the box?

I’ve been looking to grab something that’s fairly affordable and give the peeps a try. Would prefer to find something ready to go, out of the box.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Holston
How are those FVTs out of the box?

I’ve been looking to grab something that’s fairly affordable and give the peeps a try. Would prefer to find something ready to go, out of the box.

They are great man. One of my buddies that shoots an Anschutz suggested I look into them. He said they are awesome out of the box and can't be beat for the price. I lucked into the first one and paid $199 for it on sale in Nevada. That one is the single shot MK1. I liked it so much that when I saw the MK2 FVT, I had to buy it too. Now, I had to put a thicker pad on the MK2, since I'm 6' and required a little longer LOP. I also figured since I did not have much in the MK1 single shot that I'd invest in a Boyds stock. I believe that was $160.00 when I bought it. It's much better than the original plastic stock, but the MK2 still wears the original stock, and it fits well now after adding the thicker pad. You will notice that the thicker recoil pad is not an exact fit. I wasn't concerned about that, I think it's a take off from a tupperware stocked model 70. Not a grind to fit, or anything like that. Just something I had laying around:

Both rifles shoot phenomenally well. However, they are not a Winchester model 52. I can't complain though. I even like the factory Williams sights they put on them. I did pull the sights off and loctite everything though.

With the Williams sights, it's pretty easy to keep them in the X-ring:

This thread makes me want to take them out and run some TAC22 through these rifles and see how they like that ammo.

BSA MAGA
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
683 members (1beaver_shooter, 1Akshooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 74 invisible), 2,940 guests, and 1,429 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,672
Posts18,399,514
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.