Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
El toro poo poo.

600 miles (in your pack).

Maybe you're thinking of the Maypop brand tires you bought for you rice-powered truck.

Don't ask me about my military service or heroic acts...most of it is untrue.

Pronoun: Yes, SIR !
GB1

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
LOL, sheriff Joe, the hiking pice.

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Jeff, lets see the sole wear on the bottom of the Salomon's if you don't mind...

“Perfection is Achieved Not When There Is Nothing More to Add, But When There Is Nothing Left to Take Away” Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by smokepole
LOL, sheriff Joe, the hiking pice.

Train so that your manboobs no longer bounce when you go down a flight of stairs.

Bring your ponytail out here. We can exfil you back to your couch after your second mile.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
"Exfil" LOL. How are you gonna stay current when your subscription to "Soldier of Fortune" expires?

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just because you were a girl scout and I wasn't and you avoided service, doesn't mean youi need to bring your adoptive mother into your argument.

Fix your manbun, missy. You're not funny OR clever, either. A flamin' pus c, though! Ask the native Americans living in your vicinity that are aware of your short height. Go on, pus c!

Get back to your Target display merchandising, little dried up old rainbow man.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SheriffJoe
El toro poo poo.

600 miles (in your pack).

Maybe you're thinking of the Maypop brand tires you bought for you rice-powered truck.

There were plenty of things in my pack for the 600+ miles I carried it. But my wife’s shoes weren’t one of them, lol. You should just stop digging. Your cute frilly lil’ pink insecurities are showing with every shovel-stroke.

10-ply BFG AT’s, FWIW. wink

Brad, I’ll snap a pic of the sole of the X-Utras here in a bit. I’ll put them next to brand-new pair I had here at home that I opted not to have sent in the Grants resupply box because the first pair still had so much life left in them… of course it was in the miles before Grants where the lava got ‘em, so I regretted that call.

We keep about an acre mowed here, and the grass was thigh-high when we got back, and I’ve been attacking it, so you’ll have to forgive them being a bit “green” now.

Last edited by Jeff_O; 05/30/23.

The CENTER will hold.

Reality, Patriotism,Trump: you can only pick two

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yeah, 600 miles mowing your lawn. Got it.

Thanks, Grampy!

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by SheriffJoe
Yeah, 600 miles mowing your lawn. Got it.

Thanks, Grampy!

Are you calling me a liar?

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Here you go Brad.

FWIW, if I was starting over again at the Mexican border, I’d be wearing Salomon X-Ultra 4’s. Very satisfied with their overall performance. Note the utter lack of “chunking”…. and I love the unique lacing system; very quick and easy to adjust tension on the fly and that’s really useful when doing long miles in varied terrain. And, in the years I’ve been pretty much wearing X-Ultra’s exclusively, I’ve found their “Contra-Grip” tread pattern to be the bar-none best overall sole pattern for traction in all conditions, that I’ve used in my life.

We should talk SOCKS. And blister management, lol.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Couple more pics of the Gila canyon. Most CDT hikers took the “High Route” alternate because the river was flowing at much higher CFM’s than what the forest service says is safe. There was (1) set of footprints ahead of us, at the time we went through. It was tough sledding; the plan going in was to slow down to 8-10 miles a day and enjoy it because it’s one of the prettiest places anywhere on this planet. Ha! We busted our ASSES to make 8-10 miles a day! In many areas the “trail” was completely washed out by the flooding. It was a hot mess in that canyon.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Luxury items I carried:

Glock 43 9mm with (1) magazine for 7 rounds total. CYA carbon holster. 23 oz. It was a PITA flying with this.

A high-end Tenkara rod my dad gave me prior to the trip, with a very small tackle kit comprised of several Panther Martin spinners and some flies;

$5 el-cheapo (but very light because they are crapola, haha) camp sandals patterned after the original Teva’s. I’m wearing them in the pic up above, somewhere, where I’m sitting down.

A cork ball about the size of a tennis ball, for rolling knots out of tissues. This thing saved my butt on the JMT a few years ago when I was still battling plantar fasciitis in one foot and a fibular plateau injury in my calf that was horking my knee. However I never used it on this trip because frankly, my “grandpa” body felt great! We mailed some stuff home from I think Silver City. This was among that.

My sleeping pad system. This is a whole story in itself, a tale of woe and despair and futility and redemption, haha. I’m going to resurrect an old thread I started years ago to talk about this. Anyway, started out with a Big Agnes inflatable that definitely qualified as a luxury item.

A thin beanie cap I wore at night while sleeping. It froze many times on this trip. I was glad for the beanie.

A few joints and a tiny plastic bottle of highly concentrated tincture I made.

I think that’s about it unless one counts a spare pair of underwear as a luxury item. My clothes in general were very limited. I had hiking shorts, the blue capilene leggings, and Kuhl running pants for my lower half. That’s it. I figured I lived my first 22 years in NM without rain pants so why change now. Up top I had the sun shirt, a very thin black fleece, the REI down puffy in the pic above somewhere, and a Frogg Toggs ultralight jacket. And a canvas Carhartt hat. In the storm and snow at 10k+ feet going over San Pedro Parks I was wishing I had a) my trusty old midweight capilene shirt and b) a more sturdy (and thus dependable) jacket. I think I’m going to go with an Anti-Gravity Gear jacket, which is NOT breathable but IS waterproof and much tougher.

We got really stinky at times but we’ve been together since 1988 so, y’know.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
LOL sheriff Bloe of the backpacking police.

You crack me up!!!!

And by the way, you can spell out "pussy."

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks Ma'am.

After you dress his man bun, would you please roll your husband to the keyboard?

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Your obsession with men’s buns is a bit unseemly on a family forum, SJ. The children!

Then again I’d be deflecting too if I’d said the dumb shït you said.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Brad, since you’re a X-Ultra guy. This is a bit confusing because the filthy one in the pics is the NEW X-Ultra 04, the one I just used on the CDT, and the newer looking one is the version from a couple years ago. Thought you might be interested in the differences.

Note that the cutout for the Achilles in now a tab (!). I thought this would be an issue, it was not. The tab is actually very soft and flexible. Never noticed it. It does make putting the shoe on even easier.

Note the significant beefing up of the upper lacing point on the new version (again, the dirty shoe). Also note that the shape of the cutout for the ankle knob is different. On my right ankle only, the new version rubbed the knob a bit more than I’d have preferred. I put a piece of Luko tape on the knob for the first week or whatever then never thought of it again. Just an FYI.

Other than those differences… meh… it’s an X-Ultra, and that’s a good thing. I was very pleased with the shoe.

Last edited by Jeff_O; 05/31/23.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Your obsession for being deliberately stupid tops everything, but then again you are well advanced in age and deteriorating health is mirroring your President and your boyfriend smokespoles.

Try again, wimp.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Lol… lookit you, tripping over your feet to prove you got nuthin’… Laffin!

You should be so lucky as to possess my mental and physical abilities when (if) you reach my age. I don’t like your odds.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Your and smokespoles female perspective is appreciated.

Good that you can identify and accept your anatomy in your earlier post.

Try waking up earlier before hobbling to your Altair 8800 to spew.

Your parade mates are waiting to see your outfit on your float this weekend.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
As trolls go, you suck. Just FYI.

The CENTER will hold.

FÜCK PUTIN!
Page 5 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 60 invisible), 2,390 guests, and 1,174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,320
Posts18,468,438
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.