Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Remember guys the OP is looking for a something that is in the budget category, versus custom gun leather. I personally would (based on 30 years of use) recommend Milt Sparks, if the OP did not have any cost parameters.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

BP-B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Look at Craft holsters or 1791 leather, they might be more budget friendly.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
Remember guys the OP is looking for a something that is in the budget category, versus custom gun leather. I personally would (based on 30 years of use) recommend Milt Sparks, if the OP did not have any cost parameters.

Yes, you're right; but your initial earlier comment about buying cheap(er) holsters that end up not working well for a variety of reasons is also equally true.............with leather holsters, especially, there's usually a correlation between cost & performance / satisfaction. Not always, but much of the time.

I will say that, surprisingly, I've been happy enough with various kydex holsters for various guns, that my leather holsters don't see as much use now as in the past. But, like leather, not all kydex holsters are equal either.

JMHO

MM

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Cheapest holsters that I like are BladeTech. I use their OWB holsters with the tech lock belt mount in matches. Solid, good fit and secure enough the gun won’t bounce out.

Cheap leather is too expensive.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Top Gun Supply usually has the Milt Sparks Versa Max II for 1911’s in stock. They are not exactly cheap, but I’ve found none more comfortable. I see, however, the 5” is not in stock right now.

Many makers have their own version. Here is Kirkpatrick Leather’s.

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have a Bianchi 2AL, now discontinued, but is a great OTWB carry holster. I have thought of having someone making a copy of it.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by stxhunter
Safariland makes a copy of the Milt Sparks Summer Special IWB holster.

You can get it on Amazon for $42.

You are going to have a hard time beating that for anything that is going to be decent. Many times guys don't want to spend the $$ on a decent holster, then what they end up with is something that is not comfortable, or does not hold the gun well, or does not conceal well, etc, etc. Then they end up just taking the gun off and leaving it under the seat of their vehicle or wherever and telling themselves that they will just go get it when a problem arises. The problem is that it never really works out that way.
A good belt and good holster go a long ways toward making sure you carry the gun every day. smile

Here is a link to the holster

https://a.co/d/cW3ug5c
Just ordered one to try out.

I almost grabbed one myself, but I refrained, as I have what I need at the moment. I have used a lot of Safariland products while working and in general, they have been pretty good.
Came in yesterday. I really like it, and the double stack para's also fit well also, my other holster was too tight for them.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by IA_fog
I have a hard enough time keeping my pants on how does an iwb affect that?

Suspenders

The cow is where you are, the bull is where you want to be.

No one gets something for nothing unless someone else got nothing for something.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by lastround
I have a Bianchi 2AL, now discontinued, but is a great OTWB carry holster. I have thought of having someone making a copy of it.

Check Ebay

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D

IC B3

R
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
R
I like the old Bianchi Askins Avenger holster, but they don't make that one any more. However, practically everyone else has a version (Bianchi copied his from a Bruce Nelson design), someone's version is out there begging to be tried out. Any Avenger clone would probably work just as well.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
I use a hybrid kydex leather holster from Crossbreed. It is an IWB holster that really spreads out the weight of the 1911 and is pretty comfortable. I would suggest that style be considered as well for an concealed IWB.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
The Comp-Tac Infidel is a good, affordable IWB kydex option. I've used one for a good while with no complaints.

Comp-Tac Infidel

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
I use to shoot left handed but swapped to right handed due to my right eye is dominate. When I carried left handed, I bought and Kramer IWB for my 1911. It is a very nice holster and carried well. I guess I need to dig it out of the draw and sell it as a left handed holster does not do a right handed shooter much good....

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
What’s a good Carry holster for a 1911 full size
That won’t break the bank
El Paso Saddlery C-Force. When I carry a full size, all steel, 1911, it's in one of these with a good gun belt by Galco.

[Linked Image from oldtradingpost.com]

[Linked Image from galcogunleather.com]

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
What’s a good Carry holster for a 1911 full size
That won’t break the bank

a silicone impregnated "sock" to store the fugging thing in the museum where 1911's belong

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I can and do embrace kydex now adays for carrying a modern 1911. Wouldn't put an old classic in kydex though.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Safariland makes a copy of the Milt Sparks Summer Special IWB holster.

You can get it on Amazon for $42.

You are going to have a hard time beating that for anything that is going to be decent. Many times guys don't want to spend the $$ on a decent holster, then what they end up with is something that is not comfortable, or does not hold the gun well, or does not conceal well, etc, etc. Then they end up just taking the gun off and leaving it under the seat of their vehicle or wherever and telling themselves that they will just go get it when a problem arises. The problem is that it never really works out that way.
A good belt and good holster go a long ways toward making sure you carry the gun every day. smile

Here is a link to the holster

https://a.co/d/cW3ug5c
Just ordered one to try out.

I almost grabbed one myself, but I refrained, as I have what I need at the moment. I have used a lot of Safariland products while working and in general, they have been pretty good.
Came in yesterday. I really like it, and the double stack para's also fit well also, my other holster was too tight for them.

That was really a pretty good deal. Glad it fit your guns so well.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

A
A
pullit:
The left handed holster you have is it for a commander or government model. I might be interested.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I have a couple different IWB holsters for my 5” and 4.25” 1911s, but no matter what I always try to wear my Perry side clip suspenders if it’s going to be be more than an hour or two with it on. Makes it a lot more comfortable and I’m not readjusting.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
659 members (1beaver_shooter, 257Bob, 10gaugemag, 219DW, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 79 invisible), 2,928 guests, and 1,394 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,670
Posts18,399,443
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.