Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by Jcubed
Originally Posted by tikkanut
Originally Posted by dassa
Originally Posted by achadwick
I flew from Denver to San Diego earlier today and was very impressed with the amount of snow in the high country. Dang!!

We got at least 8" here and that's after it melted off...flooding coming.
This is gonna be a rough spring run off for a lot of people. I was talking to a former co worker and he was telling me that half his loads to Utah right now are sandbags.

yep.....I believe ya.......

765" of snow is going down hill when it melts

Was hoping for a slow melt...we will see.
I hope so, too. But I don't know if it's possible for that much snow to melt slow enough. Not sure where you are, but Utah has been dry for a few years, and now they're making up for it.

GB1

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by smarquez
Originally Posted by Tarquin
A very high percentage of Utahns cannot stand Mitt Romney. My son is one of them.

Hmm...seems a very high percentage of Utahns keep reelecting him.
Mitt has never been re-elected. Even in mass.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I flew from Denver to San Diego earlier today and was very impressed with the amount of snow in the high country. Dang!!

This is gonna be a rough spring run off for a lot of people. I was talking to a former co worker and he was telling me that half his loads to Utah right now are sandbags.

I hope so, too. But I don't know if it's possible for that much snow to melt slow enough. Not sure where you are, but Utah has been dry for a few years, and now they're making up for it.

here..........

https://www.sandbagstore.com/

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I bought a 25' 5/16" USA chain and another 1" USA shackle for tractor #2.

https://www.uscargocontrol.com/products/Crosby-Anchor-Shackle-Screw-Pin-1-G-209-8-5-Ton

There is a good chain in every pickup and tractor.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I don’t know if it can, either, but I’ll be danged if the creeks aren’t still running at winter levels, and the snow is melting down, if only on the sunny side slopes. All I can figure is that the soil has thawed underneath that snow and is slowly soaking it up.

Of course, that only works as long as we don’t get 60’s and 70’s and wind. But anything that melts slowly now won’t come down all at once.

It looks like temps are going to turn normal in a couple of weeks, let’s hope things continue to go slow.
[Linked Image from cpc.ncep.noaa.gov]

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B2

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'm glad you'rer getting the moister.

Last edited by wabigoon; 03/26/23.

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
This morning's "occasional flurries" -- and still coming down...

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
School cancelled today in Davis county, still coming down hard as of 9 AM. 4 wheeler plow has proved its weight in gold this year!

T
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Originally Posted by 2five7
School cancelled today in Davis county, still coming down hard as of 9 AM. 4 wheeler plow has proved its weight in gold this year!

SOS here today

sunny/windy/cold

We always get 'wind' of the storms up north

38" of SWE on our eastern face of the Manti Range this morning

T R U M P W O N !

U L T R A M A G A !

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It’s official. We hit 10’ of snow for the year in Grace. 36 feet on the mountain.

A little less at the farm 500’ lower, thank goodness. We’d have no places to pile the snow if we’d gotten that much. Almost twice the normal amount in the valley. 170% of normal on the mountain. Sun is feeling stronger, and I saw a day above 40 in the forecast today.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
South east Oregon here, and well above average. We'll take more if one wants to route it this way. Should be picking up another 5 " or so in a couple days.

Last edited by 1minute; 03/27/23.

1Minute
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Update: Alta ski resort near Salt Lake City just went over 800 inches of total snow since October 1. That's 66+ feet of snow and marks a new all-time record. They aren't done yet. Two more huge storms predicted next week.

The 12" I got Monday melted and I have gotten 14" more so far today. Couldn't get the garbage cans out to the curb.

Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
We bought our son a season’s pass at Stevens Pass and he’s been getting a lot of use out of it. The snowpack in the Cascades is a skier and snowboarders delight. He just came in an hour ago and told us about the ski trip him and his buddies are planning to go on in May down at Big Bear California. He said that they’re planning a full week in May and probably go back again in July for some summer snowboarding. This snowpack is much needed out west and the snow-sport-lovers are in 7th Heaven (not the ski run) and loving it. 👍🏼

I only hope and pray that it melts slowly over a long period of time and no rain until it’s been melted and captured. You good fellows that are at lower elevations and subject to flooding in the event of a rapid warming stay safe and hopefully you are prepared with sandbags and flood insurance. This is the time to prepare for what is likely to come in the near future when it warms up.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by SamOlson
I bought a 25' 5/16" USA chain and another 1" USA shackle for tractor #2.

https://www.uscargocontrol.com/products/Crosby-Anchor-Shackle-Screw-Pin-1-G-209-8-5-Ton

There is a good chain in every pickup and tractor.

I’m always buying shackles at the hardware stores and co-ops when they’re clearancing them out. A couple years ago I bought $400 worth of shackles and miscellaneous stuff for chain and cable hardware…they had end caps with everything 90% off. I bought a shallow head well pump at 90% off and paid $30 for it. I had a couple hundred pounds of shackles, carabiners, gate hinges and latches and I paid about $400 for everything. I doubt I’ll use half of it in my lifetime but I’ll take it up north and I’m sure that eventually I’ll find people that can use something. I’d rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

The 2.5” shackle on that site I couldn’t believe that it’s $1591.00….for a single shackle. Granted it’s a 55 ton rating but $1591.00 seems crazy expensive.

�Politicians are the lowest form of life on earth. Liberal Democrats are the lowest form of politician.� �General George S. Patton, Jr.

---------------------------------------------------------
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
You got a deal!

The USA shackle is $90, a foreign version is $45.

I will GLADLY pay twice the price for piece of mind not to mention supporting the USA.

She's gonna be a mudhole here hopefully in a week or two!

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

600 members (10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 1minute, 160user, 22250rem, 1_deuce, 60 invisible), 2,146 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,279
Posts18,448,505
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.