Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
D
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Wisconsin bonus tags went on sale this morning and I was able to secure one and extended my hunting by a week. Earlier in the year, Wisconsin has a drawing from submitted applications, surplus tags are then offered at this later date to sell as many as possible. As a non-resident, we're pretty low in preference for the draws, I get it and understand it, but it means we draw later dates. Getting a bonus tag allowed me to get a 1 week earlier season. My 40 acres isn't enough to qualify for landowner preference, you need 50 contiguous acres. So I'm glad they offer this because now I have 2 weeks to hunt I stead of just 1. So, now I just have to be patient and read about you guys already out there until my seasons, the first 2 weeks of May. Enjoy!

Last edited by DeanAnderson; 03/20/23.

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

Illinois State Rifle Association member
GB1

N
Campfire Member
Online Happy
Campfire Member
N
I got my 2nd tag this AM and will get my 3rd Tues AM. Land in two different zones. Might even go for a 4th tag. Good luck

Last edited by ndh19; 03/20/23.
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Congrats on the extra tag, best of luck in filling your tags.

I may not be smart but I can lift heavy objects

I have a shotgun so I have no need for a 30-06.....
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
I'll be just north of you in the UP. I used to hunt WI for turkeys but as you say, nonresidents end up getting the later seasons. In the UP, you have all season to hunt so you can be flexible schedule-wise. Good luck!!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Hope you limit!

IC B2

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Thanks!

I ended up getting a 3rd tag, so 1 tag in zone 1 first week of May (middle of WI, just south of Mauston at a friend's place). And 2 tags for zone 2 second and third weeks of May at my property in SW Door Co (between Green Bay and Sturgeon Bay). While I'm not overly excited about the time of year my tags are good for, I am excited that if I want, I can basically hunt 3 weeks in one month. One year, I was having so much fun calling in a lot of different toms on my property, that I ended up not shooting any, because as soon as I shot one, I'd be done! Called in a lot of birds that spring. Lookin forward to this...

It isn't what happens to you that defines you, it's what you DO about what happens to you that defines you!

NRA life member

D
Campfire Tracker
OP Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
Got up to my place for a couple days in NE WI and while driving around was pleased to see birds out in fields, but didn't see any strutting. One field I was driving by had a bunch of birds in it and then I noticed an absolute Goliath of a tom walking across the field towards the other birds. I literally almost drove off the road looking at just about the biggest tom I've ever seen! The field I saw him in is a couple miles from my place, so I'll make sure to call extra loud in a couple weeks and see if he shows up! Lol!

NRA life member

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
They are strutting in southern Marinette County.

Brian

I
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I
I think Wis. should issue more tags. There sure are a lot of them.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

543 members (17CalFan, 007FJ, 1minute, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1234, 58 invisible), 2,101 guests, and 1,065 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,108
Posts18,464,271
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.