-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Sorry to ask a stupid question, but has your self appointed God restored everyone's bank accounts after the protests?

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
deltakid;
Top of the morning to you sir, I hope that you're all getting spring in eastern Washington like we finally are here in the south Okanagan.

With the understanding that I'm an expert on exactly nothing, here's some of what's been reported.

The government - and yes it was PM Shiny Pony who pushed it, but it would not have been possible without the NDP leader Jimmy Dhaliwal and BQ leader Yves Blanchet going along with it - included provisions to seize bank accounts in the invocation of the Emergencies Act.

It is not clear to me that the account seizure provision was there previously by the way.

Many of the Canadian Charter Banks then seemed a little too eager to comply and it appears some might have even jumped the line to do that. Now they'd have to have been given lists by someone - RCMP we're looking at you here - in order to do that. At very least they were working with the RCMP in order to do that.

It doesn't seem like any of the regional credit unions went along with the madness. If I'm wrong about that, I'd like to know please - anyone???

The scuttlebutt seems to be that when this happened, many, many calls were made by major investors from the US and other areas suggesting to the feds that they were not cool with the precedent being set and were seriously thinking about taking their money out of Canadian projects. Our Finance Minister/Deputy PM/WEF board member Chrystia Freeland attempted to joke about receiving calls about it. If she did, you can bet others in the Fed Finance department were called.

It has been reported since, that foreign money was in fact withdrawn from Canadian projects and some Canadians did take their funds out of Canadian Charter Banks. How much is tough to say, because the feds and the Charter Banks aren't talking about that of course.

The accounts were unfrozen upon the Emergency Act being suspended.

That said, people who missed payments because their accounts were frozen still - as far as I am aware - have buggered credit ratings now. Some have reported that is has adversely affected their ability to get business loans and lines of credit.

We had a "royal commission" which was chaired by a stalwart Liberal appointed/ friend of the Socks' family judge Paul Rouleau which found that not only was it fine and dandy for the Lib/NDP/BQ coalition/not official coalition to enact the EA, it was fine that they added the freezing of bank accounts.

Nobody who has two functioning grey cells was surprised by this finding.

Neither was it surprising that it's had a continued negative effect on people investing in Canadian projects.

Well the Chinese Communist Party seem to be still investing in purchasing Canadian politicians, but that's different I suppose. That's our latest scandal, that the CCP was interfering with the last two federal elections with donations to candidates they wanted in. Again PM Socks has appointed some friend of the family to look into it to see if he did anything wrong. It's a bit of a pattern with Socks, but hey, it is working for him, I'll give him that.

There was one or two news items that the feds were still looking at seizing "Russian Oligarch" holdings and bank accounts too now, because, well.... reasons.

That despite nobody giving a definition of what that might actually be or that we've not declared war on Russia. Details once more I suppose, right?

It would be great to end this rant with something other than an apology for me ranting, for instance to say that Canadians as a whole have now awakened to the potential misuse of the precedent set with those seizures. Lack of confidence in that being the case prevents me at this juncture from doing so however.

There are some independent news media who have been covering this, which is where I got the information from of course.

Is it enough to wake enough of us up finally?

We'll see.

Oh, it wasn't a stupid question either sir. It's complicated as you can see. Like everything else these days it seems.

All the best to you regardless of the interesting times we're in.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 03/31/23. Reason: more information

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

G
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
G
All of this needs to be kept front and center so Canadians don't forget what a slimy SOB he is. GD

Campfire Regular
OP Online Content
Campfire Regular
Unfortunately, we are both being affected by the same leftist crap. Our Demons have upped the ante with the indictment of Trump - love him or hate him, that is basically stomping all over our laws, which the Demons have already thrown out. Hopefully, both our countries can survive this - I need to come back to Canada.

Take care and have a good day Dwayne.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Let's take this further, not just Canuckia
We, the dirty fingernails peasants, (or maybe pissants in French) only need to look at this 'freezing bank accounts' as the ultimate power tool in the subjugation and total control. Imagine how a Central Bank Digital Currency could control your life. Everything would be under total govt control in a cashless society. Klaus Schwab openly stated this just a few months ago. Of all the issues facing free peoples everywhere today, regardless of flag, THIS is the paramount single issue.
Is it a stretch to imagine a peasant with a bad social credit score, or the wrong party having their account frozen? When your account is frozen...could you pay your income taxes? If your taxes are not paid, could your home/business be seized? Without access to your electronic money, how could you even get daily essentials, food, shelter, fuel, utilities? Could you survive on a barter system? We can't imagine it getting that draconian can we? But history tells us that Stalin's Great Purge, executed a million of their own, not counting the gulag deaths in captivity. Unlikely perhaps, but certainly possible. In the last 20 yrs I have begun to believe that anything is possible from the ruling class.

Well this is a fine pickle we're in, should'a listened to Joe McCarthy and George Orwell I guess.
IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
After all that crap went down I pulled all my IRA funds from RBC Wealth Management. I placed them with my local credit union where I bank. It was an eye.opener. I also informed my other investment company that I didn't want any of my funds invested in any Chinese, Ukrainian, or Russian companies it's hard to keep your money out of the hands of dickheads...mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
673 Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by flintlocke
Let's take this further, not just Canuckia
We, the dirty fingernails peasants, (or maybe pissants in French) only need to look at this 'freezing bank accounts' as the ultimate power tool in the subjugation and total control. Imagine how a Central Bank Digital Currency could control your life. Everything would be under total govt control in a cashless society. Klaus Schwab openly stated this just a few months ago. Of all the issues facing free peoples everywhere today, regardless of flag, THIS is the paramount single issue.
Is it a stretch to imagine a peasant with a bad social credit score, or the wrong party having their account frozen? When your account is frozen...could you pay your income taxes? If your taxes are not paid, could your home/business be seized? Without access to your electronic money, how could you even get daily essentials, food, shelter, fuel, utilities? Could you survive on a barter system? We can't imagine it getting that draconian can we? But history tells us that Stalin's Great Purge, executed a million of their own, not counting the gulag deaths in captivity. Unlikely perhaps, but certainly possible. In the last 20 yrs I have begun to believe that anything is possible from the ruling class.
Agree.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

593 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 1beaver_shooter, 54 invisible), 2,942 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,349
Posts18,468,835
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.