At the risk of apoplexy from VG …

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/979070973

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

BP-B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
375 Weatherby.Good eye AK.Happened to a lot of H&H's back in the day.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Good pickup.

Too bad the stock is split from magazine to trigger. Like mine, a 1952 model too!

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Stock could certainly be repaired with a good crossbolt but then the originality is definitely gone. Good eye on the 375 WBY! Though if memory serves, a 375 wby can still shoot 375 H&H it will just be at reduced velocity?

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
I'd say on a One to Ten chambering "disclosure scale" as a Strong "7" of 10 as here in ad-ethics nowadays. These times and circumstance of Internet Auction Forum Websites; a few blurry as partial guns images; arising to folks bidding silly money! "P.T. Barnum Sucker a minute Syndrome!" I'd term the seller here "Technical" disclosure compliance, presumably an "8" re chambering.

Here's a rifle 'fallen from collector grace'. For an informed "collector" ample notice by combo of red flags and "due diligence". Equation of 'no harm, no foul'. As a shooter, looking a quite decent value at starting price for sure! Only the 'uninformed shooter-bidder, venturing into "collector realm" to be the likely looser. '

Strong Ethics, perhaps to preemptively resolve the hazard of misunderstanding made clear. For "Strong Ethics' expectations to be part of any transaction today... Rate along with 'other miracles'!
"Informed due diligence" as formula of the day!
Just my take!
Best!
John

Last edited by iskra; 03/31/23.
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Did anyone here contact the seller to let him know it has been rechambered? Some sellers really have no clue. They leave it up to the prospective buyer to examine the pictures and make an informed decision based on what they see and the questions they ask. If none of you guys have contacted him, I'll gladly do the deed.. I'm not skeered..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Yessir, I did. Though I posed it as a question and he has not responded yet. Might be a good idea if multiple people ping him on this.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Ah, good man woodsman. I also just sent a nice polite question regarding the rechamber.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by rockdoc
Good pickup.

Too bad the stock is split from magazine to trigger. Like mine, a 1952 model too!

Yeah, that is common place with these. You should pretty much expect it with the heavy kickers.

BSA MAGA
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
$1800... any predictions yet?

Obviously not a top $ "collector", but if you wanted a SG 375 "user" it is still a good value where it is at.

I'll say $2300-2500. Isn't the stock worth $500-700 alone? Supergrade floor plate, swivels, hood, rear sight... not that I would ever part that rifle out. It still has some killing to do!

IC B3

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by lundtroller

Obviously not a top $ "collector", but if you wanted a SG 375 "user" it is still a good value where it is at.

I'll say $2300-2500. Isn't the stock worth $500-700 alone? Supergrade floor plate, swivels, hood, rear sight... not that I would ever part that rifle out. It still has some killing to do!

They said they were "requesting the listing to be pulled", due to the inaccuracy of the item description. So, will it sell for more than your estimate? Maybe in a new revised listing, it might. I don't know what they told woodsman, but that is what they told me. We will see.

BSA MAGA
W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
They told me the same, being as it already had bids, they're not permitted to remove it themselves, Gunbroker has to get involved and their customer service is terribly slow.

W
WMR Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
The seller can still add to the description with an addendum and it appears they have not done so.

A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by WMR
The seller can still add to the description with an addendum and it appears they have not done so.
Yep.
Bid is nearly 2k and no additional info/addendum.
🤷‍♂️

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by AKwolverine
Originally Posted by WMR
Yep.
Bid is nearly 2k and no additional info/addendum.
🤷‍♂️

I can't remember if you can add to the listing after it has bids? It's been a while since I've sold anything there. They seemed nice when they responded to my email. I don't think they were trying to mis represent the rifle. They may just not have known entirely what they had?? Good catch on your part though AK.. A lot of guys probably wouldn't have paid much attention to a stamping on the underside of the barrel. As stated, you can fire a regular 375H&H cartridge through it, but it won't come out looking the same. Then you would also need a 375WBY die set as well. Those can be a little harder to find and more expensive than the standard H&H die sets.

As a side note, the last pre 64 model 70 375 Weatherby I had was a transition. I got a heck of a deal on it and later sold it on GB. It easily went for $1,600.00 plus shipping costs. That was not a supergrade, just a rechambered 375H&H. I'm sure after this guy gets his listing updated he will have no problem selling it for $2,600.00+. Also reminds me I recently saw a pre 64 375H&H that looked all original for $1,999.99. As I said in a different thread, the model 70 market is getting a little softer. I see it every day. Some guys that don't get out much, can argue, but they don't know the market.

BSA MAGA
A
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
A
Absolutely, sellers do it all the time.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Yep he could update it and he's intentionally not doing so it appears. Sad but not uncommon.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Woodsman1991
Yep he could update it and he's intentionally not doing so it appears. Sad but not uncommon.

Dishonest then, as far as I'm concerned.

BSA MAGA
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
Your messages finally sunk in, he updated the listing.

"After this auction began we started to receive alot of emails and calls about the caliber. We missed the fact that the rifle had been rechambered in 375 WTBY. We apologize for this miss as we would not want to mislead anyone."

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by lundtroller

Currently $2500 with 3d to go!

Don't know if any of those are bids that would rather be retracted given the sellers clarity on the rebore BUT the gun still has "value" obviously... Winchester Pre64 70 Supergrade "value!" for any doubters. Anymore "late" predictions?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
147 members (257 mag, 10Glocks, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 10 invisible), 1,435 guests, and 775 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,590
Posts18,397,899
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.