Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I like mine so much, I traded an SWFA 3-9 HD for another one.

Mark

NRA Life Member
Anytime anyone kicks cancers azz is a good day!

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by m_stevenson

Good trade IMO.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Originally Posted by goalie
Originally Posted by m_stevenson

Good trade IMO.
Both of us are happy with the trade. Can’t get any better than that.
The new one is now mounted on my Bergara BMR 22lr. that the SWFA was on. I liked the SWFA, but I like the Athlon better for my uses.

Last edited by m_stevenson; 04/06/23.

Mark

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Not trying to cast shade on the 2-12's. I don't have experience with them.

But if you have any more 3-9 SWFA MQ's I'd be interested.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
If I had any more of those, I would be keeping them. The trade request came from the other member and I had to mull it over for most of the day to make my decision.
The 3-9 HD MQ is a very nice scope, and I will buy another one to replace it eventually.

Last edited by m_stevenson; 04/09/23.

Mark

NRA Life Member

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Oh The Drama!
IC B2

T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
Well, I got the scopes in yesterday. I'm going to have to send mine to Athlon for warranty. They all look like brand new scopes, but mine has something loose in the guts that actually rattles as you move the scope. The other two scopes seem good to go to my buddies.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sometimes the vaunted locking turrets don't stay locked. I had a 2-12 that went back for replacement because the windage popped up on every shot. I liked many of the features on this model but like the MQ reticle better so sold the 2-12s. Contrary to Internet lore, it had nothing to do with a drop test on a forum I don't read, but rather on use and deciding I liked something better.

T
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
T
I fixed the issue with my scope and feel kind of dumb. I originally pulled it out of the package and there was a rattle inside the scope, I put it back in the box as I received a call from work. Well I actually took the time to mess with it yesterday before I packaged it to send back to Athlon. I took the elevation turret cap off and had a set screw loose in there.

The set screws are for the zero lock ring. It has five places to use them to set the zero lock. You only need to use three screws for the lock ring, they give you five spots to avoid the screws in the elevation post. Anyway the ring had five screws in it and a sixth loose under the cap. I took the loose one out and two more out of the ring and threw them in a little baggie with the allen wrench and four more set screws that was inside the box.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Glad it was that simple. I have 4 of these scopes and do like them. I did send one back due to the elevation turret not locking correctly. It would slide up and down with virtually no resistance whereas all the others snap firmly into place.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Big Stick
The 2-12x and 4-20x are VERY different animals. Hint.

I'll greedily take the 2-12x for Utility killing and the '20x is more of a Play Toy. The 12x's reticle is fhuqking FAST and killer in low light,with great illumination. The '20x is none of those things. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

I rather like the 12x on Seex Kreeds. Hint.

Just sayin'.....................
What are your thoughts on the Springfield Armory rifle?

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by tedthorn
The 2-12x and 4-20x are VERY different animals. Hint.

I'll greedily take the 2-12x for Utility killing and the '20x is more of a Play Toy. The 12x's reticle is fhuqking FAST and killer in low light,with great illumination. The '20x is none of those things. Hint.

I rather like the 12x on Seex Kreeds. Hint.

Just sayin'.....................
What are your thoughts on the Springfield Armory rifle?

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
"Slow" hitch. Hint.

Torn on the beloved '12x,while awaiting a Brownie MPO 1-6x to arive,or go for giggles with a Reupold M3 MK4 6x. Google as you MUST,while "living" vicariously. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
"Slow" hitch. Hint.

Torn on the beloved '12x,while awaiting a Brownie MPO 1-6x to arive,or go for giggles with a Reupold M3 MK4 6x. Google as you MUST,while "living" vicariously. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

That's a cool score.

Semper Fi
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Was Talkeetna sniffing and it was as close as I could get. Will chop to 21",poke it in the lathe,remove rear sight dog dick and might even flute the bitch. Hint.

Though I only took a month off and Spring Flings FLY by. I gotta dredge Chrome in the AM and then will start dabbling new wares,as the Mail accrues. Hint..................(grin)

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Keep it as a 375?

Semper Fi
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm VERY much a 375 H&H AI Guy,but hate Winny's version of "COAL",so am torn. It's a beautiful thing,to headspace a shoulder though. Hint.

As much as I hate Pre-64's and even the S/S remnants,I don't see me poking a good spout on it. After The Chop,if it will squeak 1MOA with 270 BTSP's at 2700fps,it will be a viable option. Though a 338 Twat-Six squirting 250 Skinners and their .648 BC,with (5) rounds in the belly,out does it on all accounts. Hint.

Had a pard draw Fall Kodiak and another Spring Unimak,so procured it as a loaner,to help the boys out. Ordered 1000 270 BTSP's,so as to run it through the paces first. Hint..............

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The 3.6 on them is not great. I love 70’s and hate that part.

Can’t see that rifle being a slouch though and 2700 should be a breeze.

I have 375 Improved on an old P64, so all the [bleep] you just mentioned not liking, but it isn’t a bad shooter and I make do with the trite magazine box.

I’d kinda figured you’d be all over the 250 TTSXs in the 375.

Semper Fi
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
2700fps in a Salami Six-Bits is typically a breeze,with 270 grainers. I HATE fhuqking Varget and bought 8lbs,so it will be slated to same,if only to keep the sanctity of a Schit Sandwich. Hint.(grin)

The .375" 250 TTSX wears a Dog Schit .424 BC and is a parachute. Starting velocity,ain't ever impact velocity. Compare that to the Twat-Six and 250 Skinners,with their .648 BC at 2550fps. Hint.

I've never had more than (5) 375 H&H AI's at one time and gave my best one to RamHumper. It was a LW Fhuqking Hammer,that shot soft and amazingly precise. Hint.............

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
I thought I’d read you’d had a few 375 Imps.

Did you hunt much with it BS? I’ve used mine very little and while it’s a hammer and light enough for me, it’s never near the top of first picks usually.

What do the 270’s run for BC? Never messed with much other than 250’s and 300 Sierras/Noslers in mine.

Last edited by beretzs; 04/20/23.

Semper Fi
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
There was a time,when I drove .375" as a default of sorts and literally shot my 378 Wby to failure. LOTS of 375 SALAMI's,though more 375 H&H AI's. Hint.

The latest Midway Sale has .375" 270gr Speer BTSP's and their "whopping" .429 BC at $58/100,so I ordered a thousand. They tend to shoot rather well. Hint.

Speer Six-Bits RINK

How I HATE Winchesters. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!...............

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

477 members (10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 19rabbit52, 57 invisible), 2,627 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,713
Posts18,456,946
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.