Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
I shot my first F-class this last weekend…. I think I’m in love…

We used electronic targets (shot marker system), and I shot F-Bench with my PRS gun…

For the non-PRS guys
- PRS uses 1.5-3.5 lb triggers and 17-25x glass…

F-Class uses Trigger pull weights in the 3-7 oz range, and 50 X scopes…

I did make one guy laugh when the tried my rig and I told him my trigger was at 3.5…. I didn’t tell him it was lbs !! LOL..

I am all over doing F class now.. Screw PRS… I’ll shoot it for fun, but it doesn’t compare to F class.

GB1

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
308? I don’t know anything about it.

S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
I was really surprised the 308’s held their velocity so well, the shot marker tells you the down range velocity at the target and the 200 grain 308’s were coming in at 1600+ FPS, so they only lost a 1000 FPS in the 1000 yards.

My 6 Creed on the other hand starts at 3700, and I was losing 2,000 fps to the target with a 103 gr VTAC bullet….

I’m building a 7 PRC specific for F class… this is going to be fun !!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
If you want to see some trick F Open rifles and equipment you should check out local shooter Bryan Blake's sites. Blake Barrel and Rifle and F Class Products.

Too close for irons, switching to scope...
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Spotshooter
I was really surprised the 308’s held their velocity so well, the shot marker tells you the down range velocity at the target and the 200 grain 308’s were coming in at 1600+ FPS, so they only lost a 1000 FPS in the 1000 yards.

My 6 Creed on the other hand starts at 3700, and I was losing 2,000 fps to the target with a 103 gr VTAC bullet….

I’m building a 7 PRC specific for F class… this is going to be fun !!

The current darling of the f class world right now is the 284 Winchester with 180gr Berger's. I got my daughters f class rifle from a f class shooter its a 308 with a 29 inch Bartlein barrel. My daughter shoots 185 juggernauts. Some are using the 6 dasher or 6 GT. The 284 will shoot clean at 600yds with the 180's.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B2

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This the other popular one in the f class world https://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2022/05/sunday-gunday-284-shehanes-for-f-open-competition/
Eric Cortina shoots this I imagine it will pick up more steam with the way he is picking up wins this years with it .

Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

C
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
C
Why is a 3.5ib trigger preferred in PRS?

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 79S
This the other popular one in the f class world https://bulletin.accurateshooter.com/2022/05/sunday-gunday-284-shehanes-for-f-open-competition/
Eric Cortina shoots this I imagine it will pick up more steam with the way he is picking up wins this years with it .

Pretty sure Erik Cortina has moved up to bigger 7mm's recently. The PRC cases have given additional opportunity for wildcatting.

S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
Some guys
Originally Posted by CBB15
Why is a 3.5ib trigger preferred in PRS?

In PRS you have to move the rifle up to the shooting position and often drop it into place so there is NO WAY you can have a light trigger….

3.5lbs is heavy some guys run a lot lighter, but non of them run in the ounces range.

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by MikeS
Originally Posted by 79S

Pretty sure Eric Cortina has moved up to bigger 7mm's recently. The PRC cases have given additional opportunity for wildcatting.

You are correct, I just read he’s using 7 PRCW. Necking up lapua 6.5 prc brass to 7 prc. I know up here the f class guys went 284 because lapua started making brass. Looks like everyone be going towards the 7 prc.

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
.284 brass is very hard to come by now as well, which may have some impact.

S
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
S
I ordered a BAT M to build my F-Class 7 PRC -I won’t see it until next Spring, but it’s the thought that counts.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Just a little info for those not aware, there are two classes in FClass F/TR and F/O
F/TR ) target rifle)is shot with a rifle and bipod with a combined weight of 18 pounds or less.
The only two cartridges allowed are .223 or 308.

F/O ( open) is shot using a rifle of 22 pounds or less with and a front rest that is not included in the weight . Anything attached however is included, such as a bipod .
Any cartridge of a calibre of .338 or less can be used.

When George Farquarson started it , it was intended so the old guys who could not see well with irons or strap into a target rifle could still have fun. Everybody was using Harris type bipods then- he would be astounded and genually please to see how this has morphed into a huge World Class sport!
Cat

Last edited by catnthehat; 04/06/23.

scopes are cool, but slings 'n' irons RULE!
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by catnthehat
Just a little info for those not aware, there are two classes in FClass F/TR and F/O
F/TR ) target rifle)is shot with a rifle and bipod with a combined weight of 28 pounds or less.

F/O ( open) is shot using a rifle of 22 pounds or less with and a front rest that is not included in the weight . Anything attached however is included, such as a bipod .

When George Farquarson started it , it was intended so the old guys who could not see well with irons or strap into a target rifle could still have fun. Everybody was using Harris type bipods then- he would be astounded and genually please to see how this has morphed into a huge World Class sport!
Cat

I believe you mean 18 pounds.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by mathman
[quote=catnthehat]

I believe you mean 18 pounds.
JEEPERS! fixed it ,Thanks. fat fingers and not enough coffee in the morning LOL
Cat

scopes are cool, but slings 'n' irons RULE!
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
F/TR ) target rifle)is shot with a rifle and bipod with a combined weight of 18 pounds or less.

Cat
A few ranges shoot F-Bench to accommodate people who can't shoot prone anymore. Their scores aren't sent in to the NRA.

One of the clubs that I shoot at started with Silver Mountain electronic targets, switched to Shot Spotter a few years ago. We've had a lot less issues with the Shot Spotters system. There's four other clubs in the area that also use the Shot Spotter system...

M
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
M
Originally Posted by AJ300MAG

Cat
A few ranges shoot F-Bench to accommodate people who can't shoot prone anymore. Their scores aren't sent in to the NRA.

One of the clubs that I shoot at started with Silver Mountain electronic targets, switched to Shot Spotter a few years ago. We've had a lot less issues with the Shot Spotters system. There's four other clubs in the area that also use the Shot Spotter system...

What is Shot Spotter? I could not find anything on Google. Is it maybe ShotMarker?

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by Mike70560

Cat

What is Shot Spotter? I could not find anything on Google. Is it maybe ShotMarker?
Yup....🙄🤭

Shot Spotter is the system cops use to detect gun shoots in the 'hood. So you didn't use Google... 🤔

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Cat

Yup....🙄🤭

Shot Spotter is the system cops use to detect gun shoots in the 'hood. So you didn't use Google... 🤔

I guess the question is, did you mean shot marker?

79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Cat

https://www.shotspotter.com/

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

455 members (1OntarioJim, 204guy, 10gaugeman, 1Longbow, 17CalFan, 1lesfox, 37 invisible), 1,964 guests, and 1,102 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,064
Posts18,463,417
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.