GB1

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by fortymile
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Testing is still inconclusive, I have been using Swarovski Z5 3.5-18X44, but Ringman has me convinced the Bushnell is a better scope…

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Damn man. There's some interesting Feng Shui going on in that garage.

Stick envy.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by stevevan1
If the Zenith doesn't satisfy you then I don't think anything will.

Pretty much this. I’ve used S&B for over twenty years with total satisfaction. There’s a reason they are used as sniper scopes by many military forces around the world. Solid and robust with incredible clarity and resolution.

F
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
F
Originally Posted by gunzo
Originally Posted by gunzo
Seems I recall a story about March scopes;

They set out to build the best scope that could be built with the materials & components available at the time. Then, after it was built, they put a price on it, not the usual of just building to a price point.

Did they succeed or at least make a very good attempt?

Nothing on this?

I don't know, thought this might fit the subject. No? A couple of their models have tempted me, even considering their cost.

I have one of their 8 X 80 Hubble telescopes.
I also have a very good Swaro.
The March has better Glass even set at the same magnification.

I would Love to have one of the March hunting Scopes but the funds are not in my pocket like they were when I purchased the 8 X 80

I took my March to my favorite Gun Store when I received it.

We compared it to almost every Scope in the Store and they had Nightforce , Swaro's as well as many others.

One of the Nightforce scopes they had was the exact same price as I paid for the March.

Every Sales Rep and even a few Customers agreed that the March had the best glass out of all of the scopes we looked threw that day.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scottyman
Being into photography, I love a great image with detail and contrast. Large field of view would be great also.

Buy a top-shelf binocular. 🤭

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
All this fuss about stuff that matters far less than a scope that actually works…

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by SDHNTR
All this fuss about stuff that matters far less than a scope that actually works…

Like a bunch of 80 year old men, that can't see schidt, trying to measure their di cks with a tri square..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by SDHNTR

Like a bunch of 80 year old men, that can't see schidt, trying to measure their di cks with a tri square..
Yeah, it's a sighting device for cryin out loud. It ain't for birdwatching.

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Can clearly see very distinct solar flares thru my BSA scopes.

It's almost like acupuncture for detached retinas.

Curse me later.

Originally Posted by Nessmuk
My 1970's - 1980's vintage Tasco 3-9 kicks arse.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
I have looked through most of the top end scopes but when I looked through a March it blew all of the others away. I have never seen such a crystal clear and sharp image as they give, even at the highest power setting there was no degradation.
Lot's of bucks for them and I haven't sprung for one but if I were going for the best it would be my choice.

drover

223 Rem, my favorite cartridge - you can't argue with truckloads of dead PD's and gophers.

24hourcampfire.com - The site where there is a problem for every solution.

IC B3

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Could it be possible if you can see better you can aim better???

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by Akbob5
Originally Posted by fortymile
Damn man. There's some interesting Feng Shui going on in that garage.

Stick envy.

Oh...that was funny...mean...but funny!

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I dearly love my el cheapo SWFA SS 6x42s due to their tracking/RTZ reliability, but they have on rare occasion cost me shots at critters due to their sub-par image. Critters I could clearly see and identify through my binocs (even 15X56s) in timber at dawn/dusk, at 50 or less yards. I absolutely couldn't make out the animal at all, let alone get the crosshairs where they needed to be.

I do not have an answer for the OP, but thought I'd throw that out there.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by T_Inman
I dearly love my el cheapo SWFA SS 6x42s due to their tracking/RTZ reliability, but they have on rare occasion cost me shots at critters due to their sub-par image. Critters I could clearly see and identify through my binocs (even 15X56s) in timber at dawn/dusk, at 50 or less yards. I absolutely couldn't make out the animal at all, let alone get the crosshairs where they needed to be.

Speaking personally if I encountered this, which I have, (which is possible with any scope BTW), pass, get outta there unscathed, and kill him the next day, or the next, or the next and learn what he does...

The tradeoff is a zero compromise, for me....

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
That makes sense, and I have done just that. I have also missed on opportunities that just popped up out of nowhere with deer I had never seen before and never saw again.

A fair amount critters I kill are not pre-located, though plenty are.

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by mrmarklin
Originally Posted by stevevan1
If the Zenith doesn't satisfy you then I don't think anything will.

Pretty much this. I’ve used S&B for over twenty years with total satisfaction. There’s a reason they are used as sniper scopes by many military forces around the world. Solid and robust with incredible clarity and resolution.

I have the Polar series and by far its the best optic that my eyes have looked through. Like others have mentioned, if S&B doesn't satisify, then I have no options to give.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WYcoyote

Many here don't understand that.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by T_Inman

This experience is why I switched from Tasco.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WYcoyote

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

What's your budget for this OP?

John Burns

I have all the sources.
They can't stop the signal.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by funshooter
I have one of their 8 X 80 Hubble telescopes.
I also have a very good Swaro.
The March has better Glass even set at the same magnification.

I would Love to have one of the March hunting Scopes but the funds are not in my pocket like they were when I purchased the 8 X 80

I took my March to my favorite Gun Store when I received it.

We compared it to almost every Scope in the Store and they had Nightforce , Swaro's as well as many others.

One of the Nightforce scopes they had was the exact same price as I paid for the March.

Every Sales Rep and even a few Customers agreed that the March had the best glass out of all of the scopes we looked threw that day.

March has released the follow on version of your March-X 8-80X56 "Hubble"; it's called the March-X 8-80X56 HM WA Majesta. It features Super ED glass now, compared to the ED glass in your scope. The Majesta also has a wide-angle eyepiece with an AAOV of 24degrees. I've been playinf with a prototype for about a year now and the production model is now available. It's very spendy.

The Swaros, the TTs, the ZCOs, the S&B, the Hensoldts, the Marches, they all have great glass. The differences will be in the tweaks and various features such as knobs, reticles, etc. The one standout will be the Mach Majesta in mirage conditions and for its wide angle of view; it's the widest of any SFP scope I know and the IQ is fabulous. For FFP designs, the ZCOs and the TTs have good angle of view, but the widest is the March-FX 5-42X56 HM at 26degree, followed by the March-FX 45-28X52 at 25degrees. The TTs 3-15X50 are at 24 degrees and the ZCOs are all at 23 degrees. The S&Bs that I've looked at are between 21 to 24 degrees. I should check the Swaros.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

716 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1234, 10Glocks, 10ring1, 01Foreman400, 72 invisible), 3,278 guests, and 1,253 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,269
Posts18,467,332
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.