-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Debated on which forum this should be posted to, and decided that the competitive shooters probably would have a better insight.

So here it is....

I have a Perazzi Mirage, 12ga, 29 1/2" bbls, case colored receiver, S/N 53xxx, Type 4 forend, single, non-elective trigger. Gun is an Ithaca import.
I do not believe this gun has removable triggers. I may be wrong. I know from previous ownership, that on the removable trigger guns, one pushes the safety forward against some spring tension (past the normal off safe position) and then pull down on the front of the trigger guard. On this particular gun, the safety can be pushed forward, but the triggers do not drop out, even with quite a bit of effort. Question is, did/do all of the Mirage/MX8 guns have the ability to push the safety forward of the off safe position?
Beyond that, can the gun be upgraded to removable triggers (with an external barrel selector)? In the same context, can a stock for a removable trigger group gun be fit to a non-removable trigger gun?

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Although it’s difficult to make a definitive statement about a Perazzi, I’ve never seen a Mirage without a removable trigger. It may be that the trigger doesn’t fit properly and is sticking. You may need to remove the stock and tap on the trigger housing from the inside while holding the safety.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
If it is a Mirage it will have a removable trigger. The piece that goes into the back of the trigger that locks the trigger in place could be rusted or the trigger housing could be rusted. Sometimes people swapped out triggers resulting in a tighter than desirable fit. I once helped a guy remove one where we ran a nylon rope through the trigger guard and tied it to a car bumper. One guy pulled on the trigger guard while another pushed on the safety. Any gunsmith that caters to trapshooters should be able to get it out. I have no experience with removable selective triggers.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
for what it may cost you should check out a used MX-3 Perazzi combo the MX-3 does have a removable triggers , Guns International .com

Last edited by pete53; 04/16/23.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Well, following the advice given, I took the stock off. It does appear that this gun does have a removable trigger group and V springs. Can't see how it could be anything but a removable. There's be no way to drive retaining pins in or out as they would hit the receiver block itself. That said, the trigger group is in there TIGHT. I didn't bother forcing anything, but with the safety pressed forward the trigger group didn't budge.

Interestingly, when pushing the safety forward, it appears to do nothing. Meaning it doesn't seem like it 'unlocks' anything that would secure the trigger in place.

Probably time to call PUSA or one of the other gurus in the US.

I never thought I'd grow up to be a grumpy old man, but I did, and I'm killin' it.
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by pete53
for what it may cost you get a used MX-3 Perazzi combo the MX-3 does have a removable triggers change this out under Perazzi , Guns International .com

Not sure which MX3 you're referring to on GB, but I've always been under the impression that the MX3 Special was the choice in the MX3 line. Receiver like the MX8, and thus more interchangeable parts, albeit with some fitting.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by WiFowler
Originally Posted by pete53
for what it may cost you get a used MX-3 Perazzi combo the MX-3 does have a removable triggers change this out under Perazzi , Guns International .com

Not sure which MX3 you're referring to on GB, but I've always been under the impression that the MX3 Special was the choice in the MX3 line. Receiver like the MX8, and thus more interchangeable parts, albeit with some fitting.

your right but MX8`S are more spendy. depends how much you wanna spend ? i wish i still had my old TM1 yet too

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Well, after further review, I did that this gun does have removable triggers. Removing them was a feat to say the least. Took lots of penetrating oil, 2 sets of hands and a big rubber mallet but I got them out. Apparently the previous owner did not know that the gun had removable triggers or neglected the triggers. I'm leaning towards both.

After getting the trigger group out it took quite a bit of oil and steel wool to get the corrosion that was hold the 'moving parts' that weren't necessarily moving and allowing the triggers to drop. Given the 'neglect' this trigger group appears to have endured, I'm gonna send them and the receiver off to a Perazzi guru and have them give it a once over.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

556 members (219 Wasp, 1234, 2500HD, 17CalFan, 22kHornet, 222Sako, 40 invisible), 2,693 guests, and 1,120 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,290
Posts18,467,925
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.