Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
6MMWASP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
I suppose this might only be possible in rural areas. It would certainly make liberals heads explode.

He did a 22 caliber pellet penetration / expansion test in discarded books. 4 types of pellets
He explained that he was trying to rid his feed lot grandpas feed lot of pigeons and thought some types of pellets were more effective than others and decided to find out which pellets penetrated best and which pellets expanded best. ( I'm the gun grandpa )

He won first place and won a $25 gift certificate, and some movie passes. All prizes were donated by local businesses.

Have to love rural Montana as the insanity, woke crap hasn't affected our school system yet.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Last edited by 6MMWASP; 04/21/23.
BP-B2

C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Very Nice! Ballistic analysis and a study in terminal performance with What I Learned and Conclusion.

You've got a young Rifle Looney loose in the 4th Grade!

That's Outstanding!

Critical thinking isn't something students learn any longer so he's ahead of the curve, Lucky young man!

Now you'll have some happy thoughts to carry when you're in Africa too!

"Camping places fix themselves in your mind as if you had spent long periods of your life in them.
You will remember a curve of your wagon track in the grass of the plain like the features of a friend."
Isak Dinesen

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Congrats to your little man. Way to go grandpa.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
good deal

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Absolutely wonderful!

Probably too late, but how about a close up of his methods and findings please.

Enquiring minds want to know.

A pat on the back as well to the educators/parents for realizing a kid's learning potential can be greatly enhanced if they're allowed to direct their efforts toward an area of their own interest. Good going by everyone involved.

I well remember school age companions that could not work out how long it took two pipes of different flow rates to simultaneously fill a pool, but they could decipher how much energy was required to push an outside mirror on their rig through a quarter mile race.

Science was my deal, and it was a most wonderful 30+ year career.

Keep asking him challenging questions and supply the resources needed to figure them out.

Again, way to go Jesse! And one of the most enjoyable posts in the forum this year. Made my day.

A one room school in the south end of our county is blessed with a teacher versed in scientific methods with her students answering relevant questions like prevalence of foot lead among horses, whether chickens scratch more with plentiful or scarce food, bean growth related to music, temperature, etc, oil viscosity:temperature relationships, or food preferences and intake of their pets or livestock. Her grade school kids always sweep the county wide science competitions even when they're going up against high schoolers.

Last: This post is worthy of much more attention. I suggest one replicate it up in the Hunter's Campfire maybe with the methods, results, and conclusions there.

Last edited by 1minute; 04/23/23.

1Minute
IC B2

6MMWASP Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
1Minute, thanks for the very kind words.

I also would like to share it to a bigger portion of the campfire but unfortunately I have had to ask 1 poster to remove a filthy tag line to one of the Little Man posts. I choose to think that he just forgot about his tag line attached to every post. It just seems safer here.

Last edited by 6MMWASP; 04/23/23.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Very well done and seemingly solid science.

Wish Dr Fauci, who claims to “be science”, was half as disciplined with his feeble attempt at following established scientific principle.

Kudos to the young man. He has a great future.

DF

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks. I see some room for further development, but for a 4th grader, that is excellent.

Please pass on a job well done, and congratulations.

1Minute
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by 6MMWASP
I suppose this might only be possible in rural areas. It would certainly make liberals heads explode.

He did a 22 caliber pellet penetration / expansion test in discarded books. 4 types of pellets
He explained that he was trying to rid his feed lot grandpas feed lot of pigeons and thought some types of pellets were more effective than others and decided to find out which pellets penetrated best and which pellets expanded best. ( I'm the gun grandpa )

He won first place and won a $25 gift certificate, and some movie passes. All prizes were donated by local businesses.

Have to love rural Montana as the insanity, woke crap hasn't affected our school system yet.

Way to go, dude !

Old Corps

Semper Fi

Get off my lawn.

FJB
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Mornin, that is fantastic!!!!! Fn awesome !!!! A ballistitics major in the making!!!! I think you should mail this off to some air gun manufacturers, pellet manufacturers, & some airgun sites!!!! Maybe get himself some free pellets!!!! Next project I see is a VIDEO & see if one of the airgun sites will put it on U tube!!!! It's as good as any magazine article I've seen lately, maybe needs more words but I always liked to the point articles anyway. Why I always liked Steve Tims articles, go straight to his chart, read article later. Hey JB, anything you can do to maybe bump his ego??? Most schools now & you would be in the office with the principal. Even up here in Canada the system is screwed. Maybe this site could do something??? Anyway, way to go buddy!!! Keep up the good work & have a great time out in the wilds with Grampa. GWP. 🐾👣🐾👣🐾👣😀😀😀🇨🇦

IC B3

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Excellent job!

It makes a guy smile to see that some places are still holding on to some form of traditional heritage and culture. Pretty obvious that the farm and ranch culture is strong in that area.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
That's Awesome!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well done young man!

G
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
G
That is awesome! Wonderful to see in the crazy world we're living in.pass on my congratulations 👏!

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
Wonderful post.

Thank you for sharing.

SCI Life Member
DAV Life Member
NRA Life Member
North American Hunt Club Life Member

Your true character shows in your conduct

You cannot solve a problem at the same level of awareness that created it - Einstein
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Congrats to little man!
Very well done presentation!
Precise and very nicely presented

Definitely a looney in the making Mike!

Keep em shooting!

His next presentation ought to be on a cool Martini K-Hornet LOL

R.D.

For HIS service,

R.D.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I see some similar here in rural Oklahoma. Keep up the good work!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Very well done! Kudos for every one involved!!!!!!

Last edited by Whelenman; 06/06/23.

Well we're Green and we're Gold, and we play better when it's cold. All us Cheese heads have our favorite superstar. We love Brett Favre.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Next year's challenge? Optimum launch angle "greatest distance" for an instrument capable of firing a projectile at a consistent velocity (maybe rubber band powered)?

1Minute
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Wow" great post and congratulations to Little Man on an excellent science project. Looks like he has a future in engineering. Also, you would fit right in rural South Carolina where I live.

.280 AI Fan

"I don't make jokes, I just watch the government and report the facts" Will Rogers

"A little knowledge is a dangerous thing" Unknown

Trump 2024!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
216 members (12344mag, 160user, 257 roberts, 257robertsimp, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 24 invisible), 1,880 guests, and 857 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,793
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.