Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I submitted both of my AR pistols (w/ braces) for the free tax stamps on Feb 8th, and they just got approved yesterday on 4/21.

According to Google, that's a 73-day approval time. I wish they would/could approve suppressors that quickly!

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.
GB1

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by DanInAlaska
I submitted both of my AR pistols (w/ braces) for the free tax stamps on Feb 8th, and they just got approved yesterday on 4/21.

According to Google, that's a 73-day approval time. I wish they would/could approve suppressors that quickly!

Personally, I feel that you should be able to own these items without Gov't consent/interference!

In fact, I think every gun law passed since 1933* should be repealed and expunged from the books.

Just my opinion.

* - started in 1933 to be sure and include the GCA '34! 😉

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
WTF, did you get all your boosters too?

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
It's a trap!

Attached Images
T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
I guess you guys don’t pay your taxes and have never had a drivers license or even a social security number as well…

I did an SBR because I always wanted one and saw the brace as half a tax stamp so I just paid my money to form 1. It took just under 2 months. Bought a suppressor at the same time and have to try and forget about it, it’ll be late summer if the wait times on form 4’s holds out.

IC B2

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
One more federal gun registration ***oops, I mean non registration, cause that's forbidden by congress, Right?
Sucker trap for sure!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Won't register my brace.

Here in MI they just passed new gun laws that won't do crap to stop gun violence. The libs even said they aren't done yet. It's all political.

You want me to tell them what I have....lol

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
If libs cared about crime, they would lock up criminals.

They don't care about crime, they only care about disarming law abiding citizens.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Or they are trying to save the kids by gun laws but yet promote and push abortion.

I don't believe people fall for their bullshidt

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
the ATF cannot make laws! Every federal gun law violates the 10th amendment! Every state gun law violates the precedence of marbury vs. madison. not falling for the BS

If your going through hell, keep on going, don't look back, If your scared don't show it.
You might get out b'fore the devil even knows your there.
(Rodney Atkins)
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Why did you comply? Probably the first to wear a mask and take the sheep’s milk.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
A fed paid troll….

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy

Why did you comply? Probably the first to wear a mask and take the sheep’s milk.
Knowing Dan I seriously doubt it. Maybe eventually but I doubt he was first in line at all.

Regardless it matters not.

If any of you fools posting on here and running your mouth think you aren't on the same lists as people with NFA stuff etc... you are total fools.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I was planning to SBR them, eventually, but I never got around to it. I like having a short/handy AR, but not the brace. I'd rather drive an SBR with a real stock and rifle optics. Personal preference.

I own several suppressors, so I'd guess I'm already on a number of gov't lists. Started that paper trail when I enlisted, I'm sure. So be it.

Thoroughly enjoying Alaska since 2001.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
True. Most of us are in the database already. They have my DNA, prints, etc from my military time and prior ccw licenses.

I'm done telling them what I own. If the 4473 isn't good enough...fug them

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
If libs cared about crime, they would lock up criminals.

They don't care about crime, they only care about disarming law abiding citizens.

True, and the "pistol brace makes it a SBR" ruling will made be easy to prove cases for a U.S. Attorney who wants to pad his/her conviction statistics. Since most U.S. Attorneys want to be appointed as Federal Judges, they will want their conviction statistics to look as good as possible. The BAFT ruling that requires the registration of an AR pistol with a brace seems like a 100% political move, pandering to the anti-gun crowd without producing much in the way of actual tangible benefits, but that's what politicians do if they think that it will help to get them reelected.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
True. Most of us are in the database already. They have my DNA, prints, etc from my military time and prior ccw licenses.

which is how my BIL runs. All off paper purchases. He feels safer. LMAO.

Anyway those on radar will automatically get assumed to have things they should not. ITs how .gov works on the day they want to come for us.

You have a plan and I"m glad for it. but IMHO don't put much faith in it.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
G
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
G
A loaded question, or even thought for that matter, but what about 2A sanctuary states ?

Yes I know that the feds would still swoop down on folks with unregistered braces but the way I understand the new laws is that it would have to be a fed as no state law enforcement official will recognize the ban or act upon it.

Curious about the Sanctuary thing. Ky. just became one but think it's more of a statement rather than ever being an action.

T
TWR Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Kansas and Texas supposedly have a law that if a suppressor is made in their state and doesn't leave their state, the ATF has no say.

But then the ATF arrested at least one guy that believed the state law would be upheld.
https://www.gunowners.com/8-general/104-gun-owners-defending-suppressors-in-court

Then look at the marijuana laws in states like Oklahoma where the feds say its illegal and those in the pot business can't put their money in a bank, no Fed has come to arrest anyone. This actually is being used in a lawsuit against the ATF shown as precedence or something.

Fact is, the ATF knows you have a gun and if they want it, they'll come get it. You ain't hiding anything from them by being big and bad on the net saying I won't comply, you're just being stupid.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by rost495

Anyway those on radar will automatically get assumed to have things they should not. ITs how .gov works on the day they want to come for us.

With a corrupt, overreaching government, no plan works out good

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Eh, we already know they'll be coming eventually. Doesn't mean we can't give them some surprises when they do, no point in making it easier for them to know what they're looking out for

B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
Lol, don't know Dan but that's funny.

"Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war."

Time to show your colors, MAGA.
R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R

That was foolish
When the government comes for the rest of your firearms and they will, what are you going to do? It’s a slippery slope from here as they aren’t going to stop with any of this bull crap.

"When guns are outlawed,only the outlaws will have guns".
D
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
D
You guys realize that all of us that own suppressors already are on file with NFA paperwork, right?

Also, on the confiscation front. It it comes to that, not having a NFA registered gun or suppressor is a laughable defense.

Last edited by Dude270; 04/28/23. Reason: Punctuation
H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
^^^^That….between my mil/gov’t contracting/clearances/LE stuff, I’m on sooo much paperwork. Another form or two isn’t going to matter.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by remingtonman

That was foolish
When the government comes for the rest of your firearms and they will, what are you going to do? It’s a slippery slope from here as they aren’t going to stop with any of this bull crap.

Well at least those that don't post here or other hunting/gun forums they might be last in line.

Thankfully you don't own any guns etc...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It is a slick way to get an SBR tax free if you'd planned on going that route and lets be honest a braced pistol is ok but not the same as an SBR. Why not take advantage of the free stamps? Heck, stripped lowers are still dirt cheap and legal, so put your tax savings into buying a few more, have your friend hold onto your braces and if hopefully the brace ban will be struck down and you can build your stripped lowers into pistols. Win win.

To those attacking Dan, go drink a bud light ;-)

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by rost495

If you have 50 or 100 they'll claim you had 250 or 500.. worth $$$Millions. Lol.

Doesn't matter. Almost all of us here are on a list somewhere. Get used to it. Embrace it.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
Got mine back in exactly 30 days. My last suppressor took a full year. Not worried about this list, not that they won’t be misused, or abused. I suppose they figure my suppressors go onto something. I’m already on LE/Gov lists.

To answer earlier questions others threw out there as if one scenario is equal to the others. Never did get a “vaccine” shot and I work for the government.

They expressly are legalizing braced pistols as SBR’s with the approval. They aren’t going after convictions of those people. No court is going to say “you’re guilty cause you did something legal and then the ATF opinion changed and they gave you a route to comply with the opinion and even though you did, now you’re quilty”. If they did, that’s a separate conversation that I’m not putting on the internet.

As far as them knowing who has what, yes, of course they are doing that part, it’s registering this particular gun. That’s what it is. Understanding that, I don’t care one way or the other if other people choose to comply with it or not. I wanted a legal SBR, knowing they would know I have it.

Now, if you tried to hurry and buy 10 new lowers and lie that they were already in that braced configuration so you can get a free approval, (There is no stamp) then that’s dumb, they will go after that.

I know exactly how F’d up government and politicians are and this particular list doesn’t bother me. Don’t get me wrong these politicians and their liberal self serving, ideology is scary [bleep].

Just my opinion on it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

604 members (160user, 10Glocks, 1234, 06hunter59, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 60 invisible), 1,995 guests, and 1,076 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,189
Posts18,465,772
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.