Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Gun is now back at CSMC Finally sent a return number. Can't believe how they dragged their feet.

GB1

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Update : The gun came back July 13, no paper work or explanation of work done. Only had a chance to test it once, and still about 5" to the left. I can't believe they didn't test fire it. So back to square one leaving E mails and waiting for a repair number to send it back again. And this is supposed to be a high class company. They will never get another dime from me.

G
GF1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I regret what has happened to you, but wish I could say I am surprised.

Many years ago I went direct to Tony Galazan, who happened to be at the CSMC booth at the big Vegas show. I told him I wanted to order a Model 21 to my specs, had deposit in hand. Half way through his sentence back to me, he broke off the conversation without a word more to me, struck up another conversation with an acquaintance who had walked up. I was a bit put out about it, but waited a good 10 minutes for him to finish our conversation and take my order. I just walked away, finally, and they never got a dime from me.

Last edited by GF1; 07/21/23.
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
The sad part is I really like the gun, its everything I wanted, decent wood, reeks quality, just soured on the way its gone down

B
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
B
And here my 73 year old J.C. Higgins 16 ga. SXS centers patterns from both barrels beautifully. I call it my Jed Clampett gun. Haven't struck oil with it yet but I have killed a lot of game.

IC B2

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
I 've had people.pull that crap on me. Once is enough I don't bother to ever talk to them again..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
W
WMR Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Originally Posted by Blackheart
And here my 73 year old J.C. Higgins 16 ga. SXS centers patterns from both barrels beautifully. I call it my Jed Clampett gun. Haven't struck oil with it yet but I have killed a lot of game.

Elly May was a babe. 😏

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Update When the gun came back July 13, and was still shooting a bit left, I started calling and E mailing for another return number. I finally got one on Aug 11, almost a month of being ignored. I sent it back that day. I started calling and E mailing after a couple weeks, again can't talk to anyone except "Jay & Ray" that answer the phones. Finally got it back Jan 14, test fired it and it was back to the original far left POI.
I can't believe the treatment I got Besides paying $3250 for the gun it was over $50 to ship it back each time. My choice now is to trade it off at a loss, or invest in a couple of Briley Eccentric chokes. I'm not sure they can move it far enough.
All I can do is warn everyone NEVER BUY FROM CSMC !

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Damn. That’s too bad. They look like really nice guns. Guess your best bet for a Fox is to find an original. They’re out there and priced reasonably last I looked around.

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
l have known when I saw the "No Return Policy" I was fooled by the glossy adds . I should also have read some of the other shotgun shooting sites as there are some horror stories there.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Been ogling a Weatherby Orion SxS a bit, but crap like this makes me think I should just settle for what I have.

If you like the gun, by all means contact Briley and see what they can do for you. It’ll cost, but probably no more than you’ll lose trading it off.

Another option might be having the barrels sleeved by someone like Simmons. They might be able to correct the problem.

Keep us informed.

What fresh Hell is this?
D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Originally Posted by Masshunter
l have known when I saw the "No Return Policy" I was fooled by the glossy adds . I should also have read some of the other shotgun shooting sites as there are some horror stories there.
Man, sorry you’re going through this! I know how you feel. I had two Beretta O/U shotguns that had horrible barrel regulation. Of course Beretta didn’t do a darn thing about it. I won’t own another one of those either.

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
You are among a number of disappointed purchasers of SxS doubles from that company.... 5 have personally come to my ranch to confer, shoot my pattern plates/ boards.... ask me to shoot it....
For all the mechanical innovation the company demonstrates in its efforts to build a medium to HIGH End SxS, they have not gotten the barrel regulation solved. Double regulation is not now , nor ever been a pure mechanical equation..... Part experience, skilled Barrelsmiths , and sometimes a great deal of smokey magic and tweaks to the tubes to get it right. There are other quality guns available at or near that pricepoint that have near perfect or better regulation.....

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (160user, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 1337Fungi, 1234, 11point, 63 invisible), 3,040 guests, and 1,184 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,340
Posts18,468,698
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.