Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
I just bought a 12 ga SXS by a well known maker. Took it to the range to test some loads, and found it centering the patterns 12 inches to the left with both bbls. I was shooting from a bench at a measured 25 yds. Tried a couple differant choke tubes. I have patterned my Win 21, and 2 Drillings the same way so I don't think its me. Waiting to hear back from the maker, its only been a couple days since I emailed the pics, but was just wondering if anyone has any thoughts. My first idea was it maybe the stock ? Any ideas would be a help.

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If you consciously lined up the beads and aimed at the patterning board, there’s a problem

If not and you shot the board by mounting and shooting, the stock may not have enough cast off if you’re right-handed

Originally Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Turkish gun?

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Shooting off a bench and being a foot off at 25 yards is a major regulation issue. Or the stock isn’t even close to a decent fit, and it would be hard to not pick up on that with the first mount. Especially for an experienced shooter.

Would be interested in who the well known is. Would be rare for a well known to be that far off on regulation.

Last edited by battue; 04/30/23.

laissez les bons temps rouler
W
WMR Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
If you’re aiming it from a bench, like a rifle, then the stock shouldn’t matter much, since you’d be looking right down the center of the rib. A foot at 25yds is a lot. I mean like a cross dominant eye thing.

For wingshooting, I ‘d skip the bench and shoot the patterning board. Smoothly mount and shoot like you would on a flying target. Determining POI trumps patterning for the wingshooter. And shave off the beard (just guessing in that). 😁

IC B2

W
WMR Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
W
Originally Posted by WMR
If you’re aiming it from a bench, like a rifle, then the stock shouldn’t matter much, since you’d be looking right down the center of the rib. A foot at 25yds is a lot. I mean like a cross dominant eye thing.

For wingshooting, I ‘d skip the bench and shoot the patterning board. Smoothly mount and shoot like you would on a flying target. Determining POI trumps patterning for the wingshooter. And shave off the beard (just guessing in that). 😁

Plus, your M21 is no doubt causing you the problem. Get rid of it immediately. I will send you the shipping address.

D
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
D
Gun problem and not the stock. Regulation issue. Had a Benelli like that. Hopefully the manufacturer takes better care of you than benelli did me.

Last edited by DUKFVR; 04/30/23.
M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
American gun. I first noticed it at a ham shoot, offhand of course, then took it to the bench, sitting , elbows on the bench, not rested on anything like a rifle rest. I want to give them a chance , then I will report good or bad service. My beard is a recoil reducer LOL. Thanks for the replies.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Current production Made in America SxS leaves only one maker that I can think of....

Last edited by battue; 04/30/23.

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
CSMC

IC B3

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
It is CSMC, They have been advertising on their site for a while a Fox A grade series that they made foe Savage Arms and I read some reviews that sounded good, and based on their reputation I bought a 12 ga. BIG MISTAKE ! I can get no satisfaction from them, every time I call I get stonewalled. When I ask to speak to a higher up I get a voice mail, and when I call back I'm blocked. They are located about an hour away, but have no store hrs so I can't drive there. The main store , Galazan, is in Greenwich, about three and a half hours away. The salesman is never available as they screen all the calls. This is so frustrating as getting a lawyer over a $3200. shotgun is not cost effective. Looking back, when the gun came to my LGS I noticed no warranty papers or bill of sale, but it was everything I wanted, felt good in my hands,and I couldn't wait to shoot it. Been an unhappy situation ever since. I have never been treated so badly, and let me say I was in sales myself for over 40 years, 15 for Camfour a gun distributor, and 25 selling RV's, and my mantra was "a problem is a chance to be a hero" Clearly CSMC does not follow that thinking. A bill of sale was emailed to me but that was my last contact with the salesman.

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Besides phone calls I have sent six emails to each of the two email addresses and pictures of the patterns crickets.

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Besides phone calls I have sent six emails to each of the two email addresses and pictures of the patterns crickets.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Maybe you should make a YouTube video. We’ll all help you get the view count up.

What fresh Hell is this?
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
As noted above, stock fit shouldn't be playing a role in the problem as you've described it. Has to be either the shooter or the barrel regulation. If you can, get hold of a couple of laser cartridges (might not be the right name for them) and see what they tell you. That way you'd be eliminating the possible effects of recoil and/or flinching associated with actual shotshells. And use a device to hold the gun so as to further eliminate the human element. My $.02.

The biggest problem our country has is not systemic racism, it's systemic stupidity.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
When you look down the barrels, what do the circles look like?Do they overlap? When you line the beads up with an outside point around 20 yards away, are the tubes close when looking thru them?

D
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
D
Masshunter that is to bad they are not standing by their gun. Briley use to do excentrix chokes that change poi not sure about a 12 inch change. They might be worth a call.

M
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
M
Well, after over six weeks today they emailed me a form to fill out and send . waiting for an autherisation number. Guy on the phone cheerful and helpful. Almost like someone saw my last post ? I guess they figured I wasn't going away. Never thought of looking through the tubes, good idea battue. I had thought of Briley, but shouldn't have to pay for the mistakes they made. I am hopeful that from here on it will get taken care of. I'll keep every one posted. Thanks for the input.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by There_Ya_Go
As noted above, stock fit shouldn't be playing a role in the problem as you've described it. Has to be either the shooter or the barrel regulation. If you can, get hold of a couple of laser cartridges (might not be the right name for them) and see what they tell you. That way you'd be eliminating the possible effects of recoil and/or flinching associated with actual shotshells. And use a device to hold the gun so as to further eliminate the human element. My $.02.

I bought a set of laser cartridges to try and sort out a CZ O/U. One was okay, but the emitter in the other was crooked, easily demonstrated, by turning it in the chamber and watching the light draw a circle on the target. So, you need to test the tester before you draw any conclusions using it.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Knock the primers out of some 12 gauge hulls—should be apparent where the barrels boresight in relation to the bead. Works for turkey guns and sights.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

628 members (10gaugemag, 12344mag, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 06hunter59, 1eyedmule, 70 invisible), 2,512 guests, and 1,258 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,683
Posts18,456,326
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.