Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TheKid
Wish someone made something as thin as a Colt 1903 that was a single stack 10 shooter in 9mm.

The Sig P365 isn't a single stack but it meets your other criteria. You also can carry a higher capacity reload if you want.
https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/sig-sauer-p365-vs-colt-1903-pocket-hammerless

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln
BP-B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Ruger EC9S is thin. You can get 7, 8, or 9 round mags for it. The one I have has been a reliable accurate shooter. Its nothing special but it serves my purpose as a cheap lunch box gun. I bought it because of its size and price.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Ruger’s 9mm with a single row Mag. LC9 I think it’s called. That is almost the thinnest carry I have had. I carry a Bond derringer in 45 ACP. I can not think of a possible scenario where I’ll need more than two shots.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bugger
Ruger’s 9mm with a single row Mag. LC9 I think it’s called. That is almost the thinnest carry I have had. I carry a Bond derringer in 45 ACP. I can not think of a possible scenario where I’ll need more than two shots.

You can't think of a possible scenario that might need more than two shots? You aren't trying very hard.

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Cheyenne
Wish someone made something as thin as a Colt 1903 that was a single stack 10 shooter in 9mm.

The Sig P365 isn't a single stack but it meets your other criteria. You also can carry a higher capacity reload if you want.
https://www.handgunhero.com/compare/sig-sauer-p365-vs-colt-1903-pocket-hammerless

So does a Glock 43x, Glock 48, and a Shield. All of them are thinner than the 1903 and hold 10-15 rounds . Have your cake and eat it too.

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

The Sig P365 is hard to beat for a compact 9mm carry gun in my opinion.

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

Been carrying my new shield plus. But after I found this post this morning I pulled the 365 out for carry today. Definitely one of the smallest 10+1 9mm out there, if not the smallest.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by chlinstructor

I'll second this...but I prefer the XL model personally. Even though the XL is 1/2" longer, I prefer the straight trigger, the raised slide release. I'll have to double check but I'm pretty sure it's 12 plus 1.

Laws aren't preventative measures. In other words, more laws won't prevent gun crime from happening.
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by goalie
Shield Plus in a good IWB holster at 3-4 o'clock will hide under a t shirt.

Excellent choice! (mine too)

S
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
S
I’m a skinny guy, 138#, I carry a P365XL with safety AIWB and nobody has pointed at me……yet. 😁

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Any of you guys on the taller thinner side, what is your preference for carrying concealed?

I’ll give a little info to let you know what I’m dealing with.

I’m 6’4” tall and weigh right around 200lb. 32” waist and pretty narrow shoulders and upper body. I live in a place that regularly sees triple digit temps from June through September so cover garments are tough to work around.

For forever I’ve carried primarily small handguns, especially during the warm months due to having no place to hide a full sized handgun. We have constitutional carry so printing or someone seeing a firearm isn’t a problem legally, but I prefer that I’m the only one who knows that I’m armed for a variety of reasons.

I generally carry a J frame in a front pocket or with an IWB rig but even that can be problematic to keep concealed during T shirt weather. My no other choice but better than nothing option has always been a HS double derringer slid in behind my billfold in a front pocket, while easily hidden and always reliable it isn’t much good past contact distance.

The dilemma now is that I’d like to carry a mid or full sized auto due to the way of the world currently but I don’t know of a good option for concealabilty for a G19 or similar on my slim frame in a pair of Levi’s and a T shirt or pearl snap.

When I lived in a colder locale it wasn’t an issue to hide a 5” Govt model IWB by wearing a vest or light jacket. That doesn’t work out as well when it’s 103deg out or I’m in a building during the summer months sitting and standing for any length of time.

What works for you?

LCP Max in pocket holster. It is small, thin and light, therefore, you can pocket carry that.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by SS336
I’m a skinny guy, 138#, I carry a P365XL with safety AIWB and nobody has pointed at me……yet. 😁

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

How do you like the Wilson Grip on that 365? Any issues adding it to the model with the safety?

I used to only shoot shotguns and rimfires, then I made the mistake of getting a subscription to handloader.......
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not a big guy at 5'8" and 160lbs. I can get away with a Hellcat 9mm in a high-ride pancake belt holster with a short sleeve button-up shirt left untucked (wifebeater underneath). If going with a t-shirt, I usually just carry an LCP Max in a pocket holster with a spare mag in a plastic sleeve in the other front pocket. If the pants are too slim for that, the LCP Max also will ride just fine in that pocket holster, slipped down in the top of my right Georgia boot. I've carried various LCP models in slip-on boots for probably 6-7 years and never had a problem with them shifting too much in day to day activity (no real running though). Slow to draw, for sure, but at least you have a weapon. I'll usually carry it as backup to the Hellcat if I'm wearing boots that day.

Now with even more aplomb
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
This is a helpful thread.

I'm not tall or skinny, 5'10" & 215 lbs. I just started carrying last Fall. I've got a G43X and I bought an Alien Holster package that you can switch the parts around to do IWB, OWB, AIWB. I also bought a pocket holster. I've tried it AIWB and it's not comfortable when I sit. I've got very comfortable with wearing the IWB at 8:00 (I'm left handed) with a t-shirt tucked in and a flannel shirt untucked. When it gets hot out, I'll be wearing cargo shorts with a golf shirt or t-shirt. I figured I'll have to pocket carry when the weather changes, but I'd like to stick with IWB.

Here's my question to you guys. If you're wearing a t-shirt or golf shirt untucked with shorts, is your holster against your skin, or do you have another shirt tucked in under it? I'm not too keen on wearing two shirts when it's 100*. Some guys have mentioned wearing a thin wife beater tucked in under the golf shirt. I would think that it'll get slimmy when you sweat if there's nothing between your skin and the holster.

What say you?

"Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem."
Ronald Reagan
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I wear 100% cotton sleeveless shirt under 100% silk shirt. I can not imagine wearing holstered weapon against bare skin 😳

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Slavek
I wear 100% cotton sleeveless shirt under 100% silk shirt. I can not imagine wearing holstered weapon against bare skin 😳

Thanks.

Ronald Reagan
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by StoneCutter

Thanks.

These work great in 100+

https://www.walmart.com/ip/George-M...ckup&athbdg=L1600&from=topicPage

Swifty
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Originally Posted by Swifty52

Thanks.

These work great in 100+

https://www.walmart.com/ip/George-M...ckup&athbdg=L1600&from=topicPage

Thanks. Now if we could ever get any warmer weather, I could try out a few options.

Ronald Reagan
K
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
K
I do not like IWB holsters for various reasons so I wear the OWB styles only. On me my S&W CSX disappears under even just an untucked T-shirt as does a 3" J-frame Smith. With a regular untucked shirt a K-frame or a 1911 are basically unnoticeable. This works on me (slim build) but obviously not for everyone else.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
This is a helpful thread.

I'm not tall or skinny, 5'10" & 215 lbs. I just started carrying last Fall. I've got a G43X and I bought an Alien Holster package that you can switch the parts around to do IWB, OWB, AIWB. I also bought a pocket holster. I've tried it AIWB and it's not comfortable when I sit. I've got very comfortable with wearing the IWB at 8:00 (I'm left handed) with a t-shirt tucked in and a flannel shirt untucked. When it gets hot out, I'll be wearing cargo shorts with a golf shirt or t-shirt. I figured I'll have to pocket carry when the weather changes, but I'd like to stick with IWB.

Here's my question to you guys. If you're wearing a t-shirt or golf shirt untucked with shorts, is your holster against your skin, or do you have another shirt tucked in under it? I'm not too keen on wearing two shirts when it's 100*. Some guys have mentioned wearing a thin wife beater tucked in under the golf shirt. I would think that it'll get slimmy when you sweat if there's nothing between your skin and the holster.

What say you?

When temps exceed 100f, I wear just a loose fitting short sleeve button up shirt with no undershirt. Never a problem with a good holster IWB or OWB that has a sweat guard between the gun and my skin. A sweaty undershirt just promotes chafing.

Lunatic fringe....we all know you're out there.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
659 members (1234, 163bc, 06hunter59, 09wingates, 007FJ, 74 invisible), 2,711 guests, and 1,217 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,605
Posts18,398,367
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.