Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Finally got around to trying this CFE Pistol powder out. I'm liking it.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

It meters well and seems to get pretty consistent velocities. Accuracy is good enough, burns clean. Time will tell, but looks good so far..

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Glad you got it to shoot decent. 👍

As previously said, I love the stuff, but it is a bit fiddly when it comes to the correlation of charge weight and groups. Generally a little off the top book listings is where it shoots best for me, regardless of cartridge/bullet.

I'm gonna go burn some of it up myself in the 45 Colt here in a few hours once the sun gets up a bit and it warms up a little 😁

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Thanks zcm. I'm pretty happy with the load. I will get to test it out this Saturday at my clubs bowling pin match. I like the 147gr bullets, as they take the pins off the table a little better than the 124's.

I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.

BSA MAGA
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I just picked up 6 cans of CFE Pistol & 500 Nosler 180 gr JHP bullets for my 10mm, will be loading new Starline brass

anybody use it in 10mm ? any load recommendations ?
got a bunch of 200 gr hardcast coming as well

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Swamplord
I just picked up 6 cans of CFE Pistol & 500 Nosler 180 gr JHP bullets for my 10mm, will be loading new Starline brass

Should've bought #9 or longshot instead of the CFE. I would say Bluedot as well but I haven't seen that stuff in awhile.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
IC B2

B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by 79S

Should've bought #9 or longshot instead of the CFE. I would say Bluedot as well but I haven't seen that stuff in awhile.

79s, have you seen any Longshot up there? I ran across 5 pounds of it the other day, but I already have 3 pounds of the stuff. Will last me a damn long time, since I never shoot my pistols. I know Longshot works great in my 40S&W with 180's. I loaded up some 180gr zero JHP bullets the other day, and they seem to be pretty dang accurate and relatively inexpensive. I was also thinking Swamplord may want to try Longshot in his 10mm.

BSA MAGA
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
You guys are getting great info up top, and you completely ignore it to use whatever you have decided on. Substandard by all accounts
Both of you could use BE86/Silhouette, but you keep on posting that 6" group. Impressive.
Just use Titegroup if hitting a 12" target is all you need
Only shot one 10mm. for a bud
All my pistols are at 15yrds..MIn 5shots, max... full mag
Work up first

Last edited by LeeC; 04/28/23.
B
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by LeeC
You guys are getting great info up top, and you completely ignore it to use whatever you have decided on. Substandard by all accounts
Both of you could use BE86/Silhouette, but you keep on posting that 6" group. Impressive.
Just use Titegroup if hitting a 12" target is all you need
Only shot one 10mm. for a bud
All my pistols are at 15yrds..MIn 5shots, max... full mag
Work up first

No one here has posted a "6" group. Maybe you better get some glasses? One thing I hate is a fu cking liar. You are also probably shooting off of a bench rest. Everything I do with a pistol is shot offhand. No bench involved. It's stupid fu ckers, like you, I'm going to love tearing up tomorrow at the bowling pin shoot. Post up something useful man and quit it with the dishonesty. You are from NM, too, so that says a lot. The land of gutless police officers. What is in the water over there?

BSA MAGA
79S Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 79S

79s, have you seen any Longshot up there? I ran across 5 pounds of it the other day, but I already have 3 pounds of the stuff. Will last me a damn long time, since I never shoot my pistols. I know Longshot works great in my 40S&W with 180's. I loaded up some 180gr zero JHP bullets the other day, and they seem to be pretty dang accurate and relatively inexpensive. I was also thinking Swamplord may want to try Longshot in his 10mm.

#9, longshot are readily available up here. Pretty much all the local places that have powder have longshot and #9.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by 79S
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by 79S

#9, longshot are readily available up here. Pretty much all the local places that have powder have longshot and #9.

Have 2 cans of Longshot I found at Alaska Ammo in Fairbanks and have a crapload of Bluedot that I always use for fireforming my wildcats ,

currently mopping up year old USACE project and setting up for the next one, won't have time to do any real loading so I picked up a 1K case of S&B plinking ammo & already had the "bear" load stuff , I'll find time to shoot !

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

IC B3

B
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
B
I've tried cfe a few times but didn't get to where I was impressed yet. I need to try it again because it's available, meters well, and it's supposed to be flash suppressed. I love Longshot in 40s and 10mms and middle loads in most others. I also have had good luck with be86 but both seem to make my powder coating on my cast bullets go gummy. I've been running some vv stuff lately and really liking it but the cfe would be cheaper. I like the mid range powders around aa#5 speed. They seem to be a good compromise between cost and performance.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 04/29/23.
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
I bought two pounds of it last week but haven’t had a chance to load anything yet.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Got my 1000 pcs of Starline brass, a bunch of CFE Pistol & Longshot, got a ton of primers carefully hoarded since the re-installation of Odammit in '12

dis gonna be the shootingest summer since the fkn scamdemic started,

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggghhhhhh

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
Odammit…I like that one 😁

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
Got my 1000 pcs of Starline brass, a bunch of CFE Pistol & Longshot, got a ton of primers carefully hoarded since the re-installation of Odammit in '12

dis gonna be the shootingest summer since the fkn scamdemic started,

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrgggghhhhhh

How many loadings do you get out of new brass considering top end loads?

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Not a 10mm, but I've got some Starline 327 Fed with 6-8 loadings on them so far at top/near top book loads. Haven't lost any to splits yet that I can recall.

One caveat. I did have some nickel plated ones where the plating started flaking off after a couple shots, so I just pitched them all.

Last edited by zcm82; 05/02/23. Reason: addition
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
665 members (17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 1beaver_shooter, 1minute, 10ring1, 12308300, 74 invisible), 2,755 guests, and 1,309 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,644
Posts18,399,051
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.