Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
twps, etc can make them legal here on municipal roads. theey are not legal on State roads. there is also this new "thing" where folks add road tires, brake lights and turn signals to sxs UTVS and registers them in UT or Mt and runs them on state roads here. as to know its a gray area, however legislation is working it's way through to nix that play.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

GB2

I
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I
Idaho rules
You can ride an off road vehicle on the street if you meet certain requirements. You must have a valid restricted vehicle license plate, IDPR OHV certificate of number sticker, driver's license, liability insurance or alternative insurance, a helmet (if under 18) and a muffler and U.S. Forest Service-approved spark arrestor.

you may not operate an ATV or UTV on any state or federal highways. Additionally, you should be aware that some roads are closed to OHV use seasonally.

No mention of horn, or turn signals. Riding used to be allowed on state hiways within a certain distance of a town. That may be changed.

Local farmers ride them where ever they feel the need to go. I ride my Suzuki Vinson 500 to the school and back occasionally for grand kids' athletic events.

Some of our hunting units have specific prohibitions against hunting from an ATV. They are okay for packing camp, or meat, but not for spotting game.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
In those units, travel is limited to roads accessible by full sized automobiles. However, under the definition of that full sized car, it specifies that it's anything over 1500lb. There are lots of UTV's out there that weigh more than that. At the same time, while a UTV can be used on about any road anywhere, you still can't shoot from it. You have to get out and get off of the road.

It is Unlawful To:
Hunt big game or game birds from or by the use of any motorized vehicle, including any unmanned aircraft system (drone).

“In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
667 members (219DW, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 80 invisible), 2,899 guests, and 1,398 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,670
Posts18,399,443
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.