Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by Blu_Cs
Originally Posted by pabucktail
......For example, does anyone really want their 2.5 with a wide duplex reticle?....

With complete respect, I do want, and like, my 2.5x with a heavy duplex. In the deep woods of Northern New England, that heavy reticule is just excellent for picking out what I'm aiming at from twigs, branches, understory, etc. in the deep woods. Especially so in low light situations. Might not be PC, but give me the braille method anytime. It's fast and helps result in a sure outcome, if one is to be had.

I believe you're confusing wide duplex and heavy duplex.

I do not distinguish any difference between the wide and the heavy duplex. Please clarify, so I can clear this up!

Carry what you’re willing to fight with - Mackay Sagebrush

Perfect is the enemy of good enough
GB1

MAC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
When I got a 308 Win I put a NIKON 4x that I had laying around on it. It has been a good combination and offers all the magnification I need out to 300 yards.

You get out of life what you are willing to accept. If you ain't happy, do something about it!
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by pabucktail
......For example, does anyone really want their 2.5 with a wide duplex reticle?....

With complete respect, I do want, and like, my 2.5x with a heavy duplex. In the deep woods of Northern New England, that heavy reticule is just excellent for picking out what I'm aiming at from twigs, branches, understory, etc. in the deep woods. Especially so in low light situations. Might not be PC, but give me the braille method anytime. It's fast and helps result in a sure outcome, if one is to be had.

I believe you're confusing wide duplex and heavy duplex.

I do not distinguish any difference between the wide and the heavy duplex. Please clarify, so I can clear this up!

In the wide duplex the wide refers to the spacing between the tips of the thick parts of the reticle, not the thickness of the thin bars in the middle of the reticle.

In the heavy duplex the heavy refers to the line thickness of the bars in the middle of the reticle.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
i really like these new to me Burris 1-6 x 24 - 30 tube with illumination if needed , i have one hit the cement floor twice from 8 feet and this scope has the marks to show ,second time it fell the Laminated wood Ruger stock had to take it to a gunsmith to get stock fixed but this Burris still holds zero . i am considering putting one of these Burris 1-6 x24 - 30 tube on my new to me Winchester 70 338 Win. mag with picatinny mnts. too ?

Last edited by pete53; 05/06/23.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

There are a lot of variations. Some are subtle. Others more pronounced:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

IC B2

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by odonata

There are a lot of variations. Some are subtle. Others more pronounced:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

The German 4 as depicted there is dumb.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Just doesn't speak to you?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by JSTUART

Just doesn't speak to you?

grin

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
My favorite Leupold reticle is the post & duplex. The thick part isn't as bold as the heavy duplex and the center is the same thickness.

4X scope, the truck is about 120 yards away.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Nobody's right if everybody's wrong.
Getting into reloading to save money is like getting married for free sex.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
[Linked Image]

Trijicon knows how to make a German #4!

DaveinWV, your reticle looks like Leupold's take on a #4, not a post and duplex.

IC B3

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

112 members (16penny, 280shooter, 257robertsimp, 10gaugemag, 1minute, 14idaho, 19 invisible), 1,364 guests, and 869 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,056
Posts18,463,219
Members73,923
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.