-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Different countries are guess what, different. Expecting them to be the just the same because they both speak a similar language is asking a lot. Border guards can be pleasant or a pain where the light don't shine.

You can hunt longer with wind at your back
GB1

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I'm looking forward to getting the crop in, and heading to Wabigoon!

These premises insured by a Sheltie in Training ,--- and Cooey.o
"May the Good Lord take a likin' to you"
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
The USA and Canada are both great countries, even though at this time the Management sucks in both.

KB

Last edited by KillerBee; 04/28/23.

KB

I
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I
I used to have to travel to Montreal on business. I thought it might be a chance to polish up my French. But whenever I asked directions in French, they answered in English. Very nice people. It must be only people from Ontario they resent.

Don't blame me. I voted for Trump.

Democrats would burn this country to the ground, if they could rule over the ashes.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
BC too. As Canadians, I guess we should be bilingual . Mind you where I live it could be Punjabi . chuckle. In 2017 we drove across Canada. We were pretty happy to get into New Brunswick. In Quebec ice parlors are every where, I went to pick up a couple of ice cream cones, I got my change in quarters. That sort of thing doesn't endear one. I had backpacked through the Greek Islands in my youth, I got by with my smile and a please and thank you. I thought Quebec would be the same. No Way.

IC B2

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
I have worked a lot for 20 years with a Couple of Canadians. One.from Montreal and 1 from Edmonton. Both are great people. Both conservative in their thinking. Salt of the earth guys.
I have travelled into Canada once. I noticed Canadians are more polite than Americans. Most everyone was nice. There was no big deal going into Canada Showed our DL and was asked if we had contraband we said no and that was it. Coming back to the US some Mexican gave us the 3rd degree my wife was fighting mad when we were finally allowed to cross. It was before passports were required and he wanted a birth certificate as proof we were citizens. I told him Arkansas requires you show your birth certificate to get your first DL. He said he knew that but I could tell he enjoyed his authority and he lived to be a prick.

B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
You got a problem with coming to Canada, stay the,fh we don't need your bs

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
Blue Lake, welcome. We have a little fishing cabin in Wabigoon, about forty miles east of you, drop by sometime.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by BlueLk

As I said, this is a silly thread!

Both Canada and the USA are beautiful, why limit your adventures, because of an ignorant boarder agent or Frogs in Queerbec?????

We are all blessed!

Last edited by KillerBee; 05/07/23.

KB

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
We should fish together, Mister Bee.

IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I'll bet I've been across the border well in excess of a 100 times....

Canada or the USA, people are people. I've had tons of experience, both good and potentially bad on the other end.
Being just plain human, and decent to someone goes a long way. I worked for a Canadian company 3 years from 2000 to 2003. I covered the western USA as a Regional Manager and Western Canada ( BC, AB, Sask, Yukon, NW territoies). This was in the medical world.

You just have to know how to read people and learn not to be an A Hole, to border guards anywhere. Guess I picked that up in my youth, when our family lived in Europe for 3 years, when my dad was stationed in England with the USAF. We travel much of non communist Europe in those days, minus I've been to, and interned in Yugoslavia for 4 days..

I've been embarrassed to be an American in Canada, when I've seen others act like they are in some third world country, while in Canada. I've been asked by Americans in Canada if I spoke English, a lot more than once. Met Americans dumb enough to not know they speak English in Canada ( even most of Quebecker can speak English, I've spent a lot of time in Quebec, as I love the province)

At the border crossings, Yes Sir and No Sir or Ma'am go a long way of not getting hassled, in either direction.

The " biggest" potential I ever had, was in the Truck Entrance that a lot of people don't know exist at the Peace Arch on I 5 by White Rock. The Truck Entrance is over on what use to be the US Rte 99, a mile east or so of the one on I 5, in White Rock BC. I pulled up to the booth and there was a black guy, who really had a bad attitude right off the bat... " Are you American or Canadian?" American... "HOw long have you been in Canada?"... I didn't answer him.... He asked once again,
my response was " Is this the American Border Crossing?" Yeah it is.... My response " Thank God, I've been in Canada for two weeks now, and these damn Canucks are driving me crazy as hell. I am so happy to finally be home, to Normal People!" He started laughing, and that whole attitude wall came down. He said, welcome home. Asked me how long I was in Canada, told him two weeks... asked if I had anything I was bringing home from Canada.. NOpe nothing that I am not going to put in the first trash can I can find... He pointed out a trash can and told me to have a nice trip home to Oregon.

One the Canadian side, I flew into Edmonton one Sunday night, as I had an appointment with a facility, we were doing a major project on, at 9 the next morning. On the flight, the plane was full of college kids and coaches, and ME. There were some basketball games going on in Edmonton for the week... think March Madness sort of stuff... I wait to be the last one off the plane, with all of this college guys and their coaches.

Each one in front of me, was going thru customs, and telling them they were there to compete in the Basketball tourney...
and each person, got a Welcome to Canada, and Good Luck in the tournament! The older guys just said they were the coaches of the guys for the tourney. Welcome to Canada and Good Luck in the tournament.

I'm the last guy, and there are 5 border guards standing there... Last plane in for the night.. its midnight. Here for the Basketball tournament sir? Nope, I'm here on business. WELL that got their attention, ALL 5 of them. So what kind of business sir? Medical here in Edmonton.... Where are you from? Oregon. Four of them are already diving into my two carry on bags, that are not that big. What is the name of your company? March Networks... Never heard of them! Where are they headquartered out of? Ottawa.

Ottawa Where? Ontario.... Wait a minute.. you're an American, and your employed by a Canadian Company? Yes Sir...
That immediately got their attention.. The other 4 quit looking thru my carry on luggage. So you are an American, working for a Canadian Company in Canada? yes Sir... Well hell, that's a big switch.. I don't think I've ever seen that scenario in all my years on this job. Do you work just in Canada? No sir, I am regional Manager for Western Canada and the western US, minus California, Arizona and New Mexico.

Well Hey, that's One for Canada! We apologize sir.... Welcome to Canada and have a good business trip while you're here!
They each shook my hand with a big smile on their face, put my luggage back together, and told me to have a great evening.

Got to the car rental place to pick up the car, inside the terminal and the lady wanted to know was I late due to my flight.
Nope, got held up by the border guard guys, for being an American. The lady says " those guys can be such A Holes... I've been here for 12 hours today.. I want to get home and they have to hassle ONE American, to justify their existence!"

Those two are probably the biggest 'hassle' I've experienced on crossing the border into Canada... or the USA...
They are looking for worried behavior, don't show it and the crossing isn't a hassle at all...

Heck in retrospect, I know I've crossed the border well over a 100 times, in the 3 years I was employed by a Canadian Company...it was knowing so much about Canadian Geography, that landed me the job. I was told that I was the first American they had ever employed that could take a blank map of Canada and fill in all the provinces and territories and knew where their major cities were.. Asked how I knew all of that.. told them I've been to all of those places. That kind of blew their mind....I also became their top producing employee within the first 6 months.

hell they were impressed when I asked them were the water closet was, when I was first in the home office in Ottawa, and were blown away I knew my way around Ottawa.

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Seafire
I'll bet I've been across the border well in excess of a 100 times....

Canada or the USA, people are people. I've had tons of experience, both good and potentially bad on the other end.
Being just plain human, and decent to someone goes a long way. I worked for a Canadian company 3 years from 2000 to 2003. I covered the western USA as a Regional Manager and Western Canada ( BC, AB, Sask, Yukon, NW territoies). This was in the medical world.

You just have to know how to read people and learn not to be an A Hole, to border guards anywhere. Guess I picked that up in my youth, when our family lived in Europe for 3 years, when my dad was stationed in England with the USAF. We travel much of non communist Europe in those days, minus I've been to, and interned in Yugoslavia for 4 days..

I've been embarrassed to be an American in Canada, when I've seen others act like they are in some third world country, while in Canada. I've been asked by Americans in Canada if I spoke English, a lot more than once. Met Americans dumb enough to not know they speak English in Canada ( even most of Quebecker can speak English, I've spent a lot of time in Quebec, as I love the province)

At the border crossings, Yes Sir and No Sir or Ma'am go a long way of not getting hassled, in either direction.

The " biggest" potential I ever had, was in the Truck Entrance that a lot of people don't know exist at the Peace Arch on I 5 by White Rock. The Truck Entrance is over on what use to be the US Rte 99, a mile east or so of the one on I 5, in White Rock BC. I pulled up to the booth and there was a black guy, who really had a bad attitude right off the bat... " Are you American or Canadian?" American... "HOw long have you been in Canada?"... I didn't answer him.... He asked once again,
my response was " Is this the American Border Crossing?" Yeah it is.... My response " Thank God, I've been in Canada for two weeks now, and these damn Canucks are driving me crazy as hell. I am so happy to finally be home, to Normal People!" He started laughing, and that whole attitude wall came down. He said, welcome home. Asked me how long I was in Canada, told him two weeks... asked if I had anything I was bringing home from Canada.. NOpe nothing that I am not going to put in the first trash can I can find... He pointed out a trash can and told me to have a nice trip home to Oregon.

One the Canadian side, I flew into Edmonton one Sunday night, as I had an appointment with a facility, we were doing a major project on, at 9 the next morning. On the flight, the plane was full of college kids and coaches, and ME. There were some basketball games going on in Edmonton for the week... think March Madness sort of stuff... I wait to be the last one off the plane, with all of this college guys and their coaches.

Each one in front of me, was going thru customs, and telling them they were there to compete in the Basketball tourney...
and each person, got a Welcome to Canada, and Good Luck in the tournament! The older guys just said they were the coaches of the guys for the tourney. Welcome to Canada and Good Luck in the tournament.

I'm the last guy, and there are 5 border guards standing there... Last plane in for the night.. its midnight. Here for the Basketball tournament sir? Nope, I'm here on business. WELL that got their attention, ALL 5 of them. So what kind of business sir? Medical here in Edmonton.... Where are you from? Oregon. Four of them are already diving into my two carry on bags, that are not that big. What is the name of your company? March Networks... Never heard of them! Where are they headquartered out of? Ottawa.

Ottawa Where? Ontario.... Wait a minute.. you're an American, and your employed by a Canadian Company? Yes Sir...
That immediately got their attention.. The other 4 quit looking thru my carry on luggage. So you are an American, working for a Canadian Company in Canada? yes Sir... Well hell, that's a big switch.. I don't think I've ever seen that scenario in all my years on this job. Do you work just in Canada? No sir, I am regional Manager for Western Canada and the western US, minus California, Arizona and New Mexico.

Well Hey, that's One for Canada! We apologize sir.... Welcome to Canada and have a good business trip while you're here!
They each shook my hand with a big smile on their face, put my luggage back together, and told me to have a great evening.

Got to the car rental place to pick up the car, inside the terminal and the lady wanted to know was I late due to my flight.
Nope, got held up by the border guard guys, for being an American. The lady says " those guys can be such A Holes... I've been here for 12 hours today.. I want to get home and they have to hassle ONE American, to justify their existence!"

Those two are probably the biggest 'hassle' I've experienced on crossing the border into Canada... or the USA...
They are looking for worried behavior, don't show it and the crossing isn't a hassle at all...

Heck in retrospect, I know I've crossed the border well over a 100 times, in the 3 years I was employed by a Canadian Company...it was knowing so much about Canadian Geography, that landed me the job. I was told that I was the first American they had ever employed that could take a blank map of Canada and fill in all the provinces and territories and knew where their major cities were.. Asked how I knew all of that.. told them I've been to all of those places. That kind of blew their mind....I also became their top producing employee within the first 6 months.

hell they were impressed when I asked them were the water closet was, when I was first in the home office in Ottawa, and were blown away I knew my way around Ottawa.

Ever done the Ottawa/Hull Shuffle lol

I have been to the USA many times, I worked for a company with its headquarters in Chicago.

It amazes me how little Americans know about Canada and yes a lot of them think Canada is a third World country, when in reality our countries, with the exception of politics and accents, are mirror images of each other, know what I mean?

KB

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
On the boat from the Athens port ( I can't spell that name either) to Mykinos(sp), Paul and I were trying to pick up a couple of American college girls from Rhode Island University. They didn't even know where their states where. We struck out, BTW.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BlueLk

President Trump could straighten Canada out. He'd whoop The Faagots ass with both feet tied!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

W
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
W
I was in Canada the summer of 49. I like the country.

P
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
P
Really enjoyed the times I’ve been to Canada.
Been to Montreal about a dozen times over the years. Kind of had a New Year’s Eve tradition in Montreal, a good steak and bottle of wine at Gibby’s and just enjoy the atmosphere. Cuban cigars in Montreal.
Hard to beat Rue Sainte Catherine on a Saturday morning in early summer.
A couple memorable fishing trips up near Maniwaki over the years.
Don’t travel as much these days, but I’d like to get back.

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
Hunter S. Thompson
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
I'm sure Seafire had an intelligent post 2 set subject he's probably qualified..

I've never been across the Canadian border and I don't figure I ever will be. if I do it'll be on a flight to Alaska. I'm sure there's a great people there that they're like current leader is nothing but a communist piece of [bleep].

that's been proven many times over already. and our current US president and Democratic administration is pretty much sucking cock on him.. it looks like our days are fighting terrorism overseas is over and we're fighting it at home

M
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
M
First went in 1988, most recently this June. Can't wait to return. Boycotting those who share our values doesn't seem like a very effective form of protest to me.

https://fishblackbear.com

The Rifle is the Weapon of Democracy
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
bottom line.i have lived my entire life in the usa,except when deployed for awhile.i am half canadian and half norwegian ancestry.i am a american,but over the last 3 years feel like puking daily at the [bleep] the america i grew up in and served is becoming.i have wonderful like minded friends and relatives to the north.pure quality people who share the utter disdain and hate for there government i do for mine.to the i am sure young [bleep] who started this post at 65 years of age i would pay to get him alone for 30 seconds.you wonderful peaceful like minded majority suffer as we do.the day sadly is getting closer to a citizen based uprising in both our nations.sad but could be necessary.the new world order needs to be eradicated.will beat my door if they push.god bless canada of the like minded normal folks.i wish a horrible death to the traitors.

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
bottom line.i have lived my entire life in the usa,except when deployed for awhile.i am half canadian and half norwegian ancestry.i am a american,but over the last 3 years feel like puking daily at the [bleep] the america i grew up in and served is becoming.i have wonderful like minded friends and relatives to the north.pure quality people who share the utter disdain and hate for there government i do for mine.to the i am sure young [bleep] who started this post at 65 years of age i would pay to get him alone for 30 seconds.you wonderful peaceful like minded majority suffer as we do.the day sadly is getting closer to a citizen based uprising in both our nations.sad but could be necessary.the new world order needs to be eradicated.will beat my door if they push.god bless canada of the like minded normal folks.i wish a horrible death to the traitors.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

565 members (10ring1, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 60 invisible), 2,388 guests, and 1,174 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,320
Posts18,468,438
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.