J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Originally Posted by Gaschekt
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Mine is an Interarms Rossi and they don't provide customer support for anything stamped Interarms based on policy with the new company. Because of this I wouldn't consider doing any business with new Rossi. I'm on my own with an old gun..

On the other hand Steve's Gunz works on them..

They’re painfully easy to work on yourself. You don’t need anyone else.

My Rossi had a visibly bent barrel. You could look down the barrel and see it bend off to the right. In this case I'm not capable of fixing it and getting it exactly right. Do you always make assumptions like this?
Originally Posted by JoeBob
Mine is an Interarms Rossi and they don't provide customer support for anything stamped Interarms based on policy with the new company. Because of this I wouldn't consider doing any business with new Rossi. I'm on my own with an old gun..

On the other hand Steve's Gunz works on them..

They’re painfully easy to work on yourself. You don’t need anyone else.

My Rossi had a visibly bent barrel. You could look down the barrel and see it bend off to the right. In this case I'm not capable of fixing it and getting it exactly right. Do you always make assumptions like this?

You’re over thinking things. Bend it back as close as you can. Stick in a tree fork like the Indians did. If it shoots to the same place every time, a little bend ain’t no big deal.

GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
No it's been correctly fixed. And I'm happy with the results. To suggest a stupid stunt as the above ranks you an assbackwards dumb ass. Oh sure..stick it in a tree. Be like the Indians....HAHA!

J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
No it's been correctly fixed. And I'm happy with the results. To suggest a stupid stunt as the above ranks you an assbackwards dumb ass. Oh sure..stick it in a tree. Be like the Indians....HAHA!

Sure, you spent a $1000 on a $500 rifle and I’m the dumb ass. Lol

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I had an older Rossi with a bent barrel. The bend was a factory defect that canted off to the towards the end of the barrel. The bend was bad enough that the sights wouldn't regulate even with maximum adjustment. I had a Rossi that was basically worthless. I didn't spend $1000, but it was enough.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
The gunsmith was also kind enough to carefully recrown the end of the muzzle. I didn't request that part of the job. Smith says it shoots good. When I get it I'll also put it on paper

IC B2

C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
I had a R-92 in stainless. In .357. Sold it last year, but it was worth owning. Mine had the longer barrel, would get the shorter barrel now, very lightweight and handy fast too.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
The stainless 44mag Rossi model 92 I have is a 16.5" Bbl. Feeds super smooth. Ejects loaded rounds , or empties briskly. Very accurate with my home cast Lee 310gr cast bullet. Mine is a working gun, not a safe queen. Totally dependable. Put on a small "slip on recoil pad". Added 1" to the butt stock length. Perfect... Hundreds of $ less than the competition.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
The Browning B92 is worth the money if you can find one at a reasonable price. I'm also very fond of a little Taylors 1873 Trapper clone.

" It ain't dead.As long as there's one cowboy taking care of one cow,it ain't dead ! "
Monte Walsh
C
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
C
That's a great gun. I sold my 20", bet the 16" is very handy.

J
JFE Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
J
If you are patient you will eventually find a B-92 in 357. They are worth the wait and worth the money. I finally managed to track one down a couple of years ago. Browning never made that many in 357, which is a real shame as it is a great package. It has none of the rebounding hammers or additional safeties of the later Winchester models.

The B-92 has a fast twist, conventional rifling with deep grooves. It didn’t come D&T-ed for an aperture sight, but that was easily rectified. Accuracy is brilliant. With some of the high performance powders, reloading really transforms the 357 in a rifle.

IC B3

J
Joe Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
A buddy of mine bought the .357 stainless rifle version with a 24" octagon barrel. I was surprised how smooth it was! The trigger felt about 3# and was no problem to hit a 6" gong at 50 yards with both .38 Special and .357 loads. Iron sights and my old 76 y/o eyes. wink

Shew me thy ways, O LORD: teach me thy paths.
"there are few better cartridges on Earth than the 7 x 57mm Mauser"
"the .30 Springfield is light, accurate, penetrating, and has surprising stopping power"
J
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
J
Ignore the people telling you to get a Browning and just go out and get a Rossi. You can have a Rossi tomorrow and scratch that itch. Or you can look around for five years and maybe find a Browning.

Get the Rossi. You have one right now for around six bills. If you ever run across a Browning, you can buy it too. But don’t wait around on something you might not ever find when you can have something now.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

616 members (17CalFan, 10Glocks, 007FJ, 204guy, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 64 invisible), 2,125 guests, and 1,143 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,743
Posts18,457,713
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.