Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Stumpy:

Where did your punctuation come from...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

well Stumpy, who taught you how to wipe your ass when you take a dump?

I'm sure you eventually figured out how to use Toilet Paper, after figuring out wiping your ass with your hands was a dumb idea. Especially afterwards your sandwiches always tasted like Schidt...

so me and how I do punctuation.....

are you really dumb enough to try and tell us all, that if we do something similar to you, that we are copying YOUR style?

put down the crack pipe, sober up and get your head out of your ass...

Since you were hatched in 1968, I was a Junior in High school in 1968. By the law of averages and a lot of common sense ( which you don't have ), I've never need to LEARN anything from you, or had the initiation to even copy anything from you.

I like ya Stumpy, but when it comes to common sense, or you even being one of those who is not the brightest crayon in the box when it comes to social skills.. you are probably the last person on the planet I'd consult for style OR social skills on...

So its more likely you copied me, vs me copy you on the use of punctuation...or anything else...

So if you sobered up and read that... you can get back to being drunk and high on meth for the rest of your day, and trying to impress campfire members by showing people the same photos for the 10,000 th time...

but PM me your birthday, and mailing address, and I'll send ya a bar of soap, and a bottle of shampoo, so you can clean up for your annual birthday... oh, sorry about the comment on the bottle of shampoo.... you have nothing to use that for.... unless you shampoo your pubic hair, or use it for toothpaste... Keep me posted...I'll ship them up too right away....

Hey maybe Hutch would like the shampoo...Fluff him right up....

Have a good day Stumpy....burping, farting and passing out drunk by 4 PM...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez

GB1

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Seafire,

One of my experiences with H335 wasn't necessarily "bad" powder, but occurred in the early 1990s when Hodgdon ran out of the original H335. They then had some made by a powder manufacturer, though I don't know who. They didn't make any announcement about it, at least that I saw--and was pretty well involved with gun writing by then, and had recently started working regularly for Wolfe Publishing.

I was running low on H335, which was THE .223 powder for many years, so bought a new batch. Loaded some ammo with the same powder charge and 50-grain bullet I'd used for years, also the same brass and primers. The first shot blew the primer--and the chronograph showed a velocity about 250 fps faster than usual--and I'd been using the load a long time. Adjusted the powder charge, and it turned out 2 grains less matched the accuracy and velocity of the original load.

Mentioned this in an article and was contacted by Ron Reiber, who headed Hodgdon's ballistic department for a long time before retiring maybe two years ago. He explained about the "new" powder being hotter than the original, and said the load I was now using was OK according to their pressure-lab tests. (After that Ron and I became good friends, and he provided a lot of good info on various aspects of powder testing and handloading.)

Anyway, the "new" H335 still proved to be pretty dirty-burning, which everybody accepted back then as part of the deal--and still pretty sensitive to heat.

But a decade or so later TAC was introduced, and it produced about the same results but with almost no fouling. In general, it was also less sensitive to heat: During one of the PD shoots my wife and I went on back then, Eileen was using the max listed load of TAC with 50-grain Ballistic Tips, and on a very hot day (the official recorded temperature by the nearest town's weather station was 104) her Kimber of Oregon .223 sporter still did not show the same pressure-signs as H335 even in somewhat lower temperatures. But she did have to let the rifle cool down more often than usual, or the bolt got a little sticky....

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I used H335 in a .30-30 in the 90s. It was my farm gun...rode beside me in the pickup while baling, fencing, etc. I was using fairly mild loads, but noticed a sharper report and a little more recoil if I let a round off on a hot afternoon when the rifle and ammo were nice and warm. I now use IMR 8208 and it seems better behaved on hot afternoons.

P
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
P
Thanks Seafire. Had been wondering about that.

Worst problem I had with 335 was when I loaded a batch of federal brass, some of which had primer pockets that were past done. Primer came out and I had to take my AR apart to remove it. Chunked that batch of loads and all my federal brass. No problem since.

Earlier in my reloading career it got a little sporty with RL22 and 760. Still use ‘22 in 7x57, .25-06, and .270WSM, I’m just not as adventurous as I used to be.

Worst experience I’ve had so far was in a .45 Colt with a 270-SAA and what was supposed to be 9.0 H-Universal. I’m pretty sure I left the small holed funnel in the bottom of the Uniflow and some bridged.
Blew the primer. Had to yam open the lever on my Henry (primer was stuck in the works), knock the case (Winchester) out with a cleaning rod. Hairline crack 2/3 of the way around the case. No visible damage on dis-assembly and inspection, but scaredthe hell out of me. Proof that a load doesn’t have to be hot by design, you can do something stupid and get hurt.

Last edited by Potsy; 05/07/23.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
"There is not a person on this board that has killed more game without a 223 or more varmints with a 223 than I have.

Kirk,

Dunno what you're calling "killed more game without a 223," but have killed a LOT of big game without a .223, due to hunting far more places than Montana--sometimes several states/countries in one year. But whatever...

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
IC B2

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Kirk,

Sorry to hear you're irritated by my comments, but--

"There is not a person on this board that has killed more game without a 223...than I have."

Know you have hunted in Alaska a couple times, but don't know where else aside from Montana. I have taken as many as 30 big game animals in a year without a .223, and averaged close to that for a number of years from around 1995 to 2012. (Also went on up to five several-day prairie-dog/ground squirrel shoots each year during the same period--aside from shooting "burrowing rodents" locally in Montana, with rounds from various .17s on up. On one such shoot fired 600 rounds with a .22-250--and almost as many with a .22 rimfire and .223--in two days.)

Also don't know if you remember when we (and a couple other people) discussed coming back to the PD area we've shot several times in May/June in July. You said, if I remember correctly, "No! I HATE shooting in hot weather!"

Or was that your stunt double?

John Steinbeck
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Say, where did Shrap disappear to?

LOL

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
I have had enough of you asshóles.

This thread was supposed to be about me.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
I wouldn't paint with that broad of a brush. There's been lots of helpful posts here. True, had a troll or two show up, but it's been entertaining nonetheless.

Bottom line is lots of folks have had similar experiences. Unexpected things happen and things go boom. Thank God no one was hurt then we fix our gear and move on.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Gaschekt, I believe Pharmseller was tongue in cheek but I could be mistaken. I don't think he is that thin skinned. I was quite impressed with his willingness to admit a mistake and come publicly post it as well as take the tongue lashings. The majority here on the campfire when online can't admit to being wrong or apologize about anything.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Higginez
Say, where did Shrap disappear to?

LOL

Shakin the tree boss!

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
these bad lots of H335 or a formula change do we have any kind of lot numbers or dates?..

B
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
B
There are no bad lots of H335, only bad judgement loading with it. Same as with any other powder. Overload the case and experience excessive pressure.

P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
''There is not a person that has killed more game--------"

Pretty damned bold statement.

P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
PatB, if you’re gonna revive a months-dormant thread, you gotta make the post about me.

Don’t be like all those other åssholes.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
PatB, if you’re gonna revive a months-dormant thread, you gotta make the post about me.

Don’t be like all those other åssholes.

P

🤣

Swifty
P
Campfire Outfitter
OP Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
Swiftly just made the list.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Swiftly just made the list.

🤣 👌 ✌️

Swifty
H
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
H
I for one appreciate a guy that can own up to mistakes. Good on ya @Pharmseller

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Pharm is a bit of a glutton for punishment. Or perhaps an exceptionally good sport.

Never having met him, I couldn't say for sure.

😸

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

594 members (1eyedmule, 10gaugeman, 222Sako, 1minute, 12344mag, 1_deuce, 65 invisible), 2,894 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,706
Posts18,456,843
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.