-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
In your case I think 'Thermal' is the winner.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
The only direct comparisons I have made were comparing vortex viper, leupold Vari X-III 3-5-10x50, and a conquest 3-9x40. Put them all on 9 power looking at a 3D deer target in the shadows/wood well after dark with just a hint of street light in the distance.
Bottom line, image was similar with all 3 scopes. My old eyes couldn’t tell much of a difference.
However, seeing the reticle was significantly different. The zeiss conquest reticle was much sharper than either the the leupold duplex or the viper “duplex”. Both the leupold and the viper melted into the darkness. It was on that day I realized, glass is good, but “seeing the reticle” is a difference maker.

Dre Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I’d line them up at dusk side by side and have your eyes tell you.
East button right there

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have #4 reticles on both zeiss conquest and meopros.

The zeiss crosshairs are thicker, while the meopro is too fine for late hunting. Glass is adequate on each, but the meopro crosshairs disappear at some point.

Now my meostar R1 8x56 illuminated dot is the titts meow, worst thing to ever happen to the deer in my area.

J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Either scope the OP mentioned will work. personal preference in my opinion. If you really want to take advantage of those last few minutes of shooting light, get either scope in a lit reticle. That solves all problems those last few minutes when the big boys often show up.

Last edited by jc189; 09/21/23.
IC B2

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I like the illuminated reticle option as a solution to all "see to shoot" issues. Where I hunt, we have such a hog problem that one needs to be a be able to see after shooting hours for your health. I've killed a couple on my walk out after dark. As far as the discussion, both scopes are good enough for hunting past shooting time, but I think the Meopta will go a few minutes longer for what that is worth.

T
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
T
I like the illuminated reticle option as a solution to all "see to shoot" issues. Where I hunt, we have such a hog problem that one needs to be a be able to see after shooting hours for your health. I've killed a couple on my walk out after dark when the hogs were on my trail. As far as the discussion, both scopes are good enough for hunting past shooting time, but I think the MeoStar will go a few minutes longer for what that is worth.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
yesterday i sighted in my new to me Winchester model 70 that i put a new Nightforce scope on that hopefully will be going to Africa next year in May. best scope out there and worth every penny too. Pete53

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
C
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
C
Meopta for the win...

K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by Big Stick
I've yet to see my first Zeiss or MeOpta hold zero,track or repeat...though they are chockfull of Fluff,that swoons them who don't shoot. Hint................

My 3-9 conquest bounced around in the back of a landcruiser for 14 days last year in Namibia.

Just for kicks...before I left I shot the rifle again. Shot looked like part of the original 3 shot group.

That's good enough for this do nothing couch sitter.

IC B3

P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by Ky221
I've yet to see my first Zeiss or MeOpta hold zero,track or repeat...though they are chockfull of Fluff,that swoons them who don't shoot. Hint................

My 3-9 conquest bounced around in the back of a landcruiser for 14 days last year in Namibia.

Just for kicks...before I left I shot the rifle again. Shot looked like part of the original 3 shot group.

Yes that's all well and good but you didn't throw it onto a creek, did you?

Haha

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Kudos for the Sweet “Satisfactions” that are your’s,for taking a rifle on a car trip. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!…………

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
Originally Posted by plumbum
Originally Posted by Ky221

Yes that's all well and good but you didn't throw it onto a creek, did you?

Haha

That truly is the ultimate test. 🤦‍♂️

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The Do NOTHING Gang never ceases to amaze,by simply doing their best. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!……………

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
K
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
K
🤦‍♂️

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Fortunately for you,Imagination,Pretend and Emoji’s are free,so even YOU can”afford” to “contribute”. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!…………..

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Every hunting rifle needs a Made in China ‘ware’ on top.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Every Window Licker needs something to Whine about…you “lucky” kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fhuqking LAUGHING!………….

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sorry Ladies,today was (5) airports and an IFR Crab Walk to The Finish Line. Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

At least you Crying CLUELESS Kchunts don't have to fret anything getting wet,on your Car Ride. Hint.

A wee bit of perspective,for you Window Licking Do NOTHING Kchunts. Hint.

Bless your poor poor(literally) hearts,for trying.

I might start carving some Mail open this evening. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.............

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

581 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 007FJ, 55 invisible), 2,310 guests, and 1,199 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,610
Posts18,454,896
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.