Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Before you go off the deep end and buy thousands, why not buy as small a quantity as they'll sell you and at least try them first? Bullet diameter matters a helluva lot, and pistol bullets don't need to be crazy hard. If you haven't measured your throat diameters, and considered the velocity you'll be shooting them at, you're simply rolling the dice. This stuff ain't rocket science, but there are protocols to adhere to if accuracy without leading is desired.

BHN 12? That's a lot harder than 90% of what I shoot, and a bit harder than than the other 10%. Check out how hard the bullets are in factory ammo.....

😁

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Pure sh*t. Military and Police load that was a pooch and leaded the barrel at 950. What the hell good is that in a 41 mag. Shot 1 box, kept the other for posterity.

Swifty

Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Only Dude I buy from...period
He didnt raise his prices during covid, and his bullets shoot the tightest groups of any cast I have used.
Same Groups as Jacketed, and he is a good guy. I send as many people as I can his way to keep him open...
ttps://summersenterprisesllc.com/product-category/hi-tek-9mm-2/

Last edited by LeeC; 05/14/23.
M
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
M
Originally Posted by Swifty52
Before you go off the deep end and buy thousands, why not buy as small a quantity as they'll sell you and at least try them first? Bullet diameter matters a helluva lot, and pistol bullets don't need to be crazy hard. If you haven't measured your throat diameters, and considered the velocity you'll be shooting them at, you're simply rolling the dice. This stuff ain't rocket science, but there are protocols to adhere to if accuracy without leading is desired.

BHN 12? That's a lot harder than 90% of what I shoot, and a bit harder than than the other 10%. Check out how hard the bullets are in factory ammo.....

😁

Pure sh*t. Military and Police load that was a pooch and leaded the barrel at 950. What the hell good is that in a 41 mag. Shot 1 box, kept the other for posterity.
I had 2 boxes of that leaded my sw bad with 1 box and shelved the other. Sold the second box of them for twice as much as both the 2 boxes cost. Cast my own now..mb

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by LeeC
He didnt raise his prices during covid, and his bullets shoot the tightest groups of any cast I have used.
Same Groups as Jacketed, and he is a good guy. I send as many people as I can his way to keep him open...

checked the site out but he only has 155 & 180 gr bullets in 10mm, I'm looking for more 200's

Any idea if he will cast 200's ?

"The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants".
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I’ve had no leading from Laser Cast with hot .357 loads. For target loads I’ve used a fair number of Hornady swaged without issue as long as I keep the speed down, in the .38/.357, .44, and .45 Colt.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B2

J
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
J
I buy from Missouri bullet company, Rim Rock, Acme bullet company and bayou bullets. Just depends on what I need.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
GLC bullets , local to me , ..

G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Swifty52

😁

Hahaha!! Don't blame the bullets. Blame yourself for not matching the bullets/ammo to your gun. The same precepts apply to factory loaded lead bullet ammo as when casting/loading your own. There's so many reasons those bullets would lead your barrel, and not the next guy's, as to be confounding. The factories gotta strike a happy medium, and there are a helluva lot of guns falling outside that medium that fall short in accuracy/leading which have throats smaller than bores, throats that don't match the "average", and I could go on and on. Do not put your faith in the factories (or the commercial lead bullet purveyors) knowing omnisciently what your gun needs.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
G
GF1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
I really like Montana Bullet Company. Have had both .45 Colt and .44 Magnum bullets, with my specified diameter. Very accurate. Pricey, but good.

Last edited by GF1; 05/14/23.
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Swamplord

checked the site out but he only has 155 & 180 gr bullets in 10mm, I'm looking for more 200's

Call him,
If he has the mold he will do it.. Always easy to deal with.

IC B3

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I just bought Acme 250gr from Grafs. Boxes of 500ea in stock.

“You never need fear a man, no matter what his size. When danger threatens, call on me, and I will equalize.”
Samuel Colt.

�Common sense is genius dressed up in work clothes.� - Ralph Waldo Emerson

79S Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Swamplord

https://www.acmebullet.com/40Cal-10mm/40Cal-10mm-200FP

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
If you wanted any swaged bullets for 38s I can’t recommend Zero bullets enough. Good jacketed as well.
S.

A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
I like the Blue bullets, coating is pretty uniform compared to some of the hitech coated bullets!

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Zero and Brazos.

T
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
T
I've had good results with Oregon Trail and Missouri Bullets.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I’m shooting Missouri coated and Bayou coated bullets. I like the both. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
B
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
B
Bayou bullets coated bullets.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T & B bullets in Oregon and Missouri bullets. T & B free shipping, coated or plain.

E
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
E
Chey Cast hi tek

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
734 members (10gaugemag, 02bfishn, 12308300, 11point, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 84 invisible), 2,749 guests, and 1,296 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,700
Posts18,399,968
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.