Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by zcm82
Depends on the locale. Pay to play is the nature of the beast in states with minimal public acreage.
Exactly. Lots of public land here. Venison is cheap meat.

GB1

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Not everyone lives there πŸ™„

If hunting was entirely about cheap meat I woulda quit years ago.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Blackheart
Depends on the locale. Pay to play is the nature of the beast in states with minimal public acreage.
Exactly. Lots of public land here. Venison is cheap meat.

I live within 30 minutes of Galveston. I can go any day and lay on the beach for nothing.
But I layed on the beach in Hawaii and that was another story and it sure wasn’t free. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger

That ain’t no chit.

I bet deer meat costs $25/lb.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Dave

οΏ½The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.οΏ½ Lou Holtz

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

That ain’t no chit.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Hell, I ain't even a very good hunter, and deer numbers are WAY down from where they were 10-15 years ago around here. I'm not a picky shot at all, and there's still a lot of years I eat tag soup.

There's been a couple I've been out every day of the season and not even seen a deer... still beats the schidt out of sitting at home, puttering around and waiting for ponds to freeze up for ice season.

IC B2

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by BigDave39355

That ain’t no chit.

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Hell, I ain't even a very good hunter, and deer numbers are WAY down from where they were 10-15 years ago around here. I'm not a picky shot at all, and there's still a lot of years I eat tag soup.

There's been a couple I've been out every day of the season and not even seen a deer... still beats the schidt out of sitting at home, puttering around and waiting for ponds to freeze up for ice season.
I average 5 deer a season and spend around 200.00, license/tags, gas, ammo. Comes to less than a dollar a pound.

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Congratulations, I guess πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
The point is, hunting/venison isn't necessarily expensive for everyone.

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Fairly irrelevant to the original location of the topic, where there is little public access.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Fairly irrelevant to the original location of the topic...

An irrelevant tangent to the original topic is such a common occurrence around here I just assumed it was a "bonus feature" to be enjoyed by all. grin

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SKane
2500.00 per gun. How many deer do you get to shoot per year for that and how much does that come to per pound of venison ?

Don't start.
It's no wonder there are so many hunters that say venison is expensive meat these days. It isn't necessarily so.

If it's just about putting meat in the freezer, I could probably get by on less than $150 for three deer (if I'm keeping property taxes out it).

But I spend 15-25 times that in a given year because I like seeing and hunting different parts of the country as well as spending time with friends/family I don't get to see that often. And I've yet to come up with a formula to put a cost-per-pound evaluation on friendship and experiencing new things.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
Originally Posted by odonata
Fairly irrelevant to the original location of the topic...

An irrelevant tangent to the original topic is such a common occurrence around here I just assumed it was a "bonus feature" to be enjoyed by all. grin

Touché 😏

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
2500.00 per gun. How many deer do you get to shoot per year for that and how much does that come to per pound of venison ?

Don't start.
It's no wonder there are so many hunters that say venison is expensive meat these days. It isn't necessarily so.

If it's just about putting meat in the freezer, I could probably get by on less than $150 for three deer (if I'm keeping property taxes out it).

But I spend 15-25 times that in a given year because I like seeing and hunting different parts of the country as well as spending time with friends/family I don't get to see that often. And I've yet to come up with a formula to put a cost-per-pound evaluation on friendship and experiencing new things.

Public Land. 30-30. Brown its down. Complain about living in area with depressed wages.

This is the only way.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Don't start.

So you choose to make your venison expensive as many do. It is and always has been primarily about meat to me. It's part of our lifestyle, right along with cutting/heating with firewood and growing our own fruits and vegetables. That said, I do have a group of friends I hunt with a few days a year at a camp an hour away {a large portion of my gas cost} and a hunting partner whose been my best friend since high school that I hunt with regularly every year. If it weren't for going to camp I could cut my gas cost to near zero as there are thousands of acres to hunt within 5 miles of home.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by hillestadj

Don't start.

Public Land. 30-30. Brown its down. Complain about living in area with depressed wages.

This is the only way.
It's the place, way and rifle I choose. I have a safe full of rifles I can choose from. Now STFU and go back to sucking your boyfriends dick you fat fuuckin homo.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Don't start.

This is the only way.
It's the place, way and rifle I choose. I have a safe full of of scoped, bolt action rifles. Now STFU and go back to sucking your boyfriends dick you fat fuuckin homo.

It always comes back to cock with you....weird

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Don't start.

This is the only way.
It's the place, way and rifle I choose. I have a safe full of of scoped, bolt action rifles. Now STFU and go back to sucking your boyfriends dick you fat fuuckin homo.

It always comes back to cock with you....weird
It always comes down to you being an ass hole. But hey I get it. The internet is the only place a lilly white fat pansy such as yourself can be an ass hole without getting your ass kicked.

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
Condolences Hanco.

I've been both a land owner and I/ve been on 5 different ranches in the last 24 years.

Believe me, I feel your pain.

Last edited by geedubya; 05/17/23.

A Kill Artist. When I draw, I draw blood.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It always comes down to you being an ass hole.

Saying it into the mirror will help

Z
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Z
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

327 members (06hunter59, 1lesfox, 160user, 01Foreman400, 1beaver_shooter, 12344mag, 31 invisible), 1,883 guests, and 965 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,601
Posts18,454,644
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.