Hop To
L
loucfir Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
L
Anybody else tried this company???
Installed and it is a diffucult fit. What next????

A married man should forget his mistakes. There's no use in two people remembering the same thing!

BP-B2

D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I hope you don't have to deal with Dean. He was rude and obnoxious when I had issues with one of the first Howa Mini triggers they made.

Medics bury their mistakes..
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
Originally Posted by Dinny
I hope you don't have to deal with Dean. He was rude and obnoxious when I had issues with one of the first Howa Mini triggers they made.

Same here! I had to deal with him on a trigger kit as above, and just ended up sending back from where I ordered. It dropped every time I closed the bolt. Completely following instructions (to be safe) and I've been doing this a long time. I decided it wasn't worth the trouble or safety issue.

Best Wishes,

Chris

Last edited by 351WSL; 05/18/23. Reason: update

Living in a Blue Healers home with me and my wife as pets.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
Originally Posted by 351WSL
Originally Posted by Dinny

Same here! I had to deal with him on a trigger kit as above, and just ended up sending back from where I ordered. It dropped every time I closed the bolt. Completely following instructions (to be safe) and I've been doing this a long time. I decided it wasn't worth the trouble or safety issue.

Best Wishes,

Chris

Unfortunately I order mine directly from Jard. It went back twice. The first time for a repair and the second time for a refund. It took 41 days to get my money back.

Medics bury their mistakes..
R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I know it doesn't help with your current lever, but I have replaced levers on many Marlins now. I used to order Wild West big loops, but I always ended up wrapping them to close them up a bit and not be too large. Then I tried the Ranger Point medium loop lever, and that is what goes on all of my Marlins now. I have never had a fit issue with either of them. The shipping from Wild West usually takes 2 weeks or so, but Ranger Point is super speedy. I have had great luck with both of their customer service departments. If you email Ranger Point, you usually have a response inside of 10 or 20 minutes. Again, I know it doesn't help with JARD, but if you decide to go a different route, these are great options.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I use Jim Brockman.

But it’s not speedy.

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds like Ranger Point will be receiving a call. Thanks. I really like my light weight 45-70, but the lever will rap the hand with heavier loads.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You will appreciate a bigger loop on the big bores!

"Shoot low sheriff, I think he's riding a shetland!" B. Wills

R
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
R
I agree! Even on my 1894 44's, the factory levers just tear up my middle finger. Doesn't take but a few rounds through them to decide to go with a bigger one. Ranger Points seems to be that happy medium for me, not too large, not to small, just right. Now every lever gun I buy, I know when I buy it, I am ordering a Ranger Point Lever, Wild West trigger, bear proof ejector, and aluminum follower, as well as taking down the gun and doing an action buff and polish. It is about an additional $400, and about 4-5 hours of sanding and polishing, but when they're done, they are smooth as butter!

Last edited by Remhunter; 06/15/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Not done on an 1894 unless you correct during that polish its inherent problem

I hate big loops because they are slower

Last edited by JohnnyLoco; 06/15/23.
IC B3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
112 members (405joe, 338reddog, 10gaugemag, 300_savage, 16 invisible), 1,368 guests, and 683 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,588
Posts18,397,856
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.