Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Joel/AK Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
https://www.gunbroker.com/item/987776167#carousel-modal-view-item

Besides the price. The band is marked Leupold and all but the serial # location and the number itself had me chuckle.

Last edited by Joel/AK; 05/19/23.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A+ rated seller.

Joel/AK Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
My question is the seller has alot of them. Leupold uses either a prefix or suffix letter in the serial number. Also the serial is on the bottom not the side of the bell.
I'm just curious, most here know more about glass than I do

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
It doesn’t say Leupold anywhere in the ad. It’s $99 . Here’s your sign

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
100% fake.

You can find them on eBay for between $50 and $100.

One of my friends bought some 2-7x33 fakes for his grandkids and they have held up through a couple thousand rounds of .22 fired through an FIE Nylon 22, a Marlin 795, and a couple of 10/22s. They came in copies of Leupold boxes and had box fillers that you'd expect to get with a real Leupold. The knock-offs that my friend got all had the same bogus serial number.

IC B2

Joel/AK Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
It doesn’t say Leupold anywhere in the ad. It’s $99 . Here’s your sign

Exactly. Wonder how many fall for it.they see that gold band, zoom in and see leupold blah, blah.

They don't claim leupold so it covers their a$$'s

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Probably tracks

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It also has the gold medallion but there's no "L" in the center.

Wag more, bark less.

The freedoms we surrender today will be the freedoms our grandchildren will never know existed.

The men who wrote the Second Amendment didn't just finish a hunting trip, they just finished liberating a nation.
J
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
J
Obvious knock off.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Pawn shop owner told me last week that they stopped taking in Rolex watches. They cannot tell fakes from authentic without doing a lot of research on it.

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Oldelkhunter
Pawn shop owner told me last week that they stopped taking in Rolex watches. They cannot tell fakes from authentic without doing a lot of research on it.
Don't they have an expert they can call in?

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT

Owner is an "expert" , some of them have to be disassembeled to see if so. They can call the factory and find out if it is as well. That is true of many other pawn shops taking them in . I am always on the lookout for a watch or a nice rifle or shotgun.

Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana

A pawn ship near me won't take Leupold or any recent manufacture European scopes as they got burned on a couple of fakes. I saw the "Leupold", it was a 3.5-10x40 that looked real even upon close inspection. The only thing that looked a little off was the size of the font of the serial number but it was a very good copy.

A lot of the ads for these scopes on eBay with show the "Leupold" box that the scope comes in to lead you to believe that it is genuine. The knock-off 2-7x33s that my friend bought on eBay came with boxes and box fillers that were, AFAICT, identical copies of genuine Leupold in every way.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Originally Posted by 260Remguy

A pawn ship near me won't take Leupold or any recent manufacture European scopes as they got burned on a couple of fakes. I saw the "Leupold", it was a 3.5-10x40 that looked real even upon close inspection. The only thing that looked a little off was the size of the font of the serial number but it was a very good copy.

A lot of the ads for these scopes on eBay with show the "Leupold" box that the scope comes in to lead you to believe that it is genuine. The knock-off 2-7x33s that my friend bought on eBay came with boxes and box fillers that were, AFAICT, identical copies of genuine Leupold in every way.

I know of one person that bought a fake from Ebay, he called Leupold and got his money back .

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
“You can’t cheat an honest man” -W.C. Fields

If a deal looks too good to be true, it probably is.

At least the seller doesn’t claim they’re Leupys. These might actually work. Take one for the team and try one out.

What fresh Hell is this?
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Owner is an "expert" , some of them have to be disassembeled to see if so. They can call the factory and find out if it is as well. That is true of many other pawn shops taking them in . I am always on the lookout for a watch or a nice rifle or shotgun.
My poke at Pawn Stars must have been a bit opaque.
[Linked Image from img.memegenerator.net]

N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
I thought that’s what you were hinting about. 😊

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
Joel/AK Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Pappy348

At least the seller doesn’t claim they’re Leupys. These might actually work. Take one for the team and try one out.
Thought about it, run it through the gauntlet and see if it holds up. Spent $100 on worse things.

I need another scope for a new 450 bushmaster for deer hunting.

It's just the fact of wasting money on more than likely junk that I don't like. My wife does that enough....

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O

My poke at Pawn Stars must have been a bit opaque.
[Linked Image from img.memegenerator.net]

LOL I didn't even pick up on it. Yeah the guy in Pawn stars got bamboozled a few times.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Joel/AK
Originally Posted by Pappy348

Thought about it, run it through the gauntlet and see if it holds up. Spent $100 on worse things.

I need another scope for a new 450 bushmaster for deer hunting.

It's just the fact of wasting money on more than likely junk that I don't like. My wife does that enough....

Please clarify. Is she wasting money on stuff she doesn’t like, or that you don’t like?

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

635 members (1beaver_shooter, 06hunter59, 17CalFan, 12344mag, 1234, 160user, 60 invisible), 2,318 guests, and 1,222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,619
Posts18,455,052
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.