Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by DBT
Sounds like a nice little racket they have going.

There is nothing “little” about the college racket. Tuition, financial aid offices hiding commercial loans in “financial aid” packages, predatory behavior on kids that are the first to go to college in their families, suckering kids into majors with virtually no economic benefit, the list goes on and on and on.

When my son was at U of I, the guidance counselor refused to meet with him to develop his degree plan because he was working through school and refusing to take loans. She called it a waste of time because he wasn’t a serious student.

The university system in this country is, for the most part, morally bankrupt.
This

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
it's been ages since colleges were about educating kids. It's a money maker now, and an indoctrination factory.

Sam......

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
My daughter had a roommate from China her first year at Penn State. Little digger stayed up all night talking on the phone to people in China until my daughter told her if she was going to do that, she had to go outside. Never changed her sheets and very seldom did laundry. Bought all kinds of food to the room, it smelled like a KFC. We complained to Housing and it did no good.

The next four years she had her own room on campus with private bathroom, it worked out well. My daughter likes just about everyone but she hated that ChiCom!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Not a college guy, or family.

Boy my eyes have been opened over the last few years.
Adults over 18, signing themselves into huge debt, being told they HAD
to stay in dorms. Dorms priced well in excess of other local housing, but the school collects$$$ over their co-opted, unwilling tennents. No choices in room mates. Often chosen because of differences, not similarities.
Being told "You can NOT have a car"!

WTF?
I'm paying $100ķ+, an adult, and being told this [bleep]?

What the hell is wrong with people accepting this crap.
Decades ago? Oh, yeah.
My kid is going to a great school, focused on passing courses run by tough
professors in the class. Housed on campus, supervised and assisted in
successfully completing.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

It ain't Mayberry anymore!

Liberals have been screwing "The Children" for decades in higher education.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
A
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
A
They’ve been in the Business of Cultural Reassignment for Decades..

It is like Pro Sports ..

They Have Scouts and their Allum

They Hand Pick the most likely Students to Further their Utopian Design..

Each School has its own Criteria but All are Using the Marxist Concept of Molding Utopians

They done it quietly and have won I Believe..

Just look at the Corporate Boards after the Bud Light Trans Thing that should have Ended right there but every day we see another Company Will’n to Die for the Cause ..

That’s ingrained ..

From a Business Point .

Suicide..

The Next Leaders will be even more Suicidal..

Just look at the Kids Harassing Street Dinners in Georgetown..

These Psychopaths will be running this Country Soon.

It’s Going to be Showtime if things continue on this Course..

I’ll F’ck You Up even if You got a Thousand Knifes

Say it Again..

The Bud Light Boycott must Continue till the Fever Breaks ..

IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by Sako76
My daughter had a roommate from China her first year at Penn State. Little digger stayed up all night talking on the phone to people in China until my daughter told her if she was going to do that, she had to go outside. Never changed her sheets and very seldom did laundry. Bought all kinds of food to the room, it smelled like a KFC. We complained to Housing and it did no good.

The next four years she had her own room on campus with private bathroom, it worked out well. My daughter likes just about everyone but she hated that ChiCom!

Living on campus all 5 years, last 4 of which were by herself. She must have developed some awesome social skills.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by APredator
You need anger management classes. Pretty pointless last words. Which is likely what they would be, were someone to tell me that while attempting to refuse my protection of my child. Best thing one could do in that situation is get the hell out of my way and try not to let me get the idea they were any part of the problem at all. Holy hell, where has this world gotten to?
Democrat scum have ruined it

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by DBT

There is nothing “little” about the college racket. Tuition, financial aid offices hiding commercial loans in “financial aid” packages, predatory behavior on kids that are the first to go to college in their families, suckering kids into majors with virtually no economic benefit, the list goes on and on and on.

When my son was at U of I, the guidance counselor refused to meet with him to develop his degree plan because he was working through school and refusing to take loans. She called it a waste of time because he wasn’t a serious student.

Well said.

The government sets the professional and occupational qualifications for most careers and owns most of the schools that provide the needed degrees.

The government then essentially owns the loans and is able to keep prices artificially high.

Occupational standards for engineers and MD’s among others is obviously a good thing but for a lot of occupations the government has its thumb on the scales for no good reason other than control and running a racket.

Elementary teachers being required to have a Masters degree for instance or RN’s being pushed towards BS’s when they learn everything that’s useful in clinical’s.
This sums it up right here. It's a racket. It's a special club and most of us, "we ain't in it". Because we don't have a 4 year degree in something/anything because we chose not to play the game we aren't "in the club".

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
E
efw Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
E
Originally Posted by TheLastLemming76
Originally Posted by DBT

Well said.

The government sets the professional and occupational qualifications for most careers and owns most of the schools that provide the needed degrees.

The government then essentially owns the loans and is able to keep prices artificially high.

Occupational standards for engineers and MD’s among others is obviously a good thing but for a lot of occupations the government has its thumb on the scales for no good reason other than control and running a racket.

Elementary teachers being required to have a Masters degree for instance or RN’s being pushed towards BS’s when they learn everything that’s useful in clinical’s.

Yep the university system is a state propaganda tool used to keep our kids away from us and steep them in the ways of the state… how to be a good subject… and to get them in debt so they have no choice, all while tell them how unjust it all is…

My youngest son was accepted into a small Christian school near our home from which I graduated. The pres of the school has denounced DEI and got a ton of alumni and parent support for it. Still gonna be a lot of non-sense; my son wants to be a high school history teacher and Ed programs are JAMMED with Communist propaganda.

Would have loved for him to have gone to Hillsdale but he wasn’t as convinced as I…

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by EdM
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Not a college guy, or family.

Boy my eyes have been opened over the last few years.
Adults over 18, signing themselves into huge debt, being told they HAD
to stay in dorms. Dorms priced well in excess of other local housing, but the school collects$$$ over their co-opted, unwilling tennents. No choices in room mates. Often chosen because of differences, not similarities.
Being told "You can NOT have a car"!

WTF?
I'm paying $100ķ+, an adult, and being told this [bleep]?

What the hell is wrong with people accepting this crap.
Decades ago? Oh, yeah.
My kid is going to a great school, focused on passing courses run by tough
professors in the class. Housed on campus, supervised and assisted in
successfully completing.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

It ain't Mayberry anymore!

Had one graduate from TAMU four years ago and none of that was a reality.

100% of that is true at Penn State for 1st year students.

Parts of of it are at other state schools.

My questions when I first heard it was,
"I'm 40, would they try that with me?" and
If I lived 20 miles away, are they gonna try to force me into dorms?"

Was never able to question someone who could answer that.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
IC B3

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
My son had no interest in college.
Went to vocational school, became an electrician.
Says he looks forward to going to work everyday.
Bought his house at age 24.
Living the dream.

"No good deed shall go unpunished!"
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by CCCC
There is no "university system" nationwide, but many across the country in various states do adhere to the troublesome patterns noted above. But, far from all. In some states there is some gratifying variety, others are more controlling. The differences between public/private, large/small, quality vs. degree mill, etc. can be very big.

Yes, but no. Through the massive sticks of accreditation, research grant peer reviews, publication peer reviews, and rankings, any college no toe-ing the line will shortly thereafter become a footnote. It’s an ecosystem.

That said, there is a groundswell of incredulity among both the boomer generation as well as the kids coming up through school system at the immorality of the price and quality of a college education. There will be changes, and it would not surprise me if many little fiefdoms will crumble over the next decade.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
J
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
J
You were encouraged to stay in the dorms the first year where I went to school.

You folks could sign a paper to let you stay anywhere though.

Dad wanted me to stay in the dorms....so I did.

Thank god I did....made some lifelong friends.

The cafeteria was pay as you went.....maybe that's changed now.

I am MAGA.
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Stammster

Living on campus all 5 years, last 4 of which were by herself. She must have developed some awesome social skills.

Hey Dickhead, running your stupid mouth about a kid you know nothing about is low class! My daughter had enough with the first roommate to last a lifetime, didn’t want to get caught up in the party seen at Penn State.

She graduated with a 3.96 GPA in accounting, 5 year BS/MS program. CPA and made Vice-President at a major bank at 29 years old. She makes more money in a year than you can count. She is quite popular just like she was in high school. How about you?

PM me if you want to meet up to discuss!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
At VSU my daughter had a Mexican roommate her first semester in the all girls dorm. Her roommate brought her boyfriend and another negro to camp out in there room. We found out they couldn't stay over 2 consecutive days or more than 12 days a semester. And to make matters worse the rules state that freshmen have to live in the dorms their first year on campus. The front desk called campus police when we got there at 3am, wouldn't let us take our daughter out of the dorm and then told me I needed anger management classes.

Your daughter was in a situation that warranted calling the police at 3 am., and you left her there?

Roy

What this world needs is a few more Rednecks.

The Dildō Of Consequence Rarely Arrives Lubed

O
ol_mike Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
O
Living alone would give someone better social skills IMO, it gives a person time to themselves which is important.

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
H
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
H

Hey Dickhead, running your stupid mouth about a kid you know nothing about is low class! My daughter had enough with the first roommate to last a lifetime, didn’t want to get caught up in the party seen at Penn State.

She graduated with a 3.96 GPA in accounting, 5 year BS/MS program. CPA and made Vice-President at a major bank at 29 years old. She makes more money in a year than you can count. She is quite popular just like she was in high school. How about you?

PM me if you want to meet up to discuss!

BaBoom! Yeah, get some of that “Di**head”. Lolol

Hardin284
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Having a private room isn't synonymous with being alone. It means that you can be you without having to deal with a roommate who you may not have much in common with.

I had a roommate my first two year as an undergrad, he ended up marrying a girl who I had dated in high school. I had a single room my last two years and was able to have my girlfriend stay overnight without having to coordinate anything with a roommate. We didn't have any restrictions regarding sleepover guest that I recall, but every wing and floor has an RA to deal with such things. My RA was a guy who I knew from playing high school baseball and had just finished a two year enlistment. He was mostly concerned with drug and alcohol use, the drinking age was 18 in 1975/76.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by LRoyJetson
Originally Posted by TrueGrit
At VSU my daughter had a Mexican roommate her first semester in the all girls dorm. Her roommate brought her boyfriend and another negro to camp out in there room. We found out they couldn't stay over 2 consecutive days or more than 12 days a semester. And to make matters worse the rules state that freshmen have to live in the dorms their first year on campus. The front desk called campus police when we got there at 3am, wouldn't let us take our daughter out of the dorm and then told me I needed anger management classes.

Your daughter was in a situation that warranted calling the police at 3 am., and you left her there?

Read what he wrote a little more carefully.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Those girls should switch their major to pre-med- - - - - -"Free sex change operations"- - - - - -with a weed eater!

Ignorance can be fixed. Stupid is forever!
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

110 members (6mmCreedmoor, 300_savage, 1_deuce, Ackman, 257wthbylover, 16 invisible), 1,597 guests, and 911 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,513
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.