Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Actually I’m the best with my Tikka Varmint .223 Rem. That thing is a hoot. Not legal for elk in Oregon.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
BP-B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
While I also use the 25-06, 243, 6mm, 22-250........the multiple 223's are the favorite on the prairie dog fields.

Legal in Wyoming.

Originally Posted by Pharmseller
Actually I’m the best with my Tikka Varmint .223 Rem. That thing is a hoot. Not legal for elk in Oregon.

P

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by MIKEWERNER
While I also use the 25-06, 243, 6mm, 22-250........the multiple 223's are the favorite on the prairie dog fields.

Legal in Wyoming.

Originally Posted by Pharmseller

P

Talking out of your ass again, but what's new?

.22 centerfires are not legal for elk in Wyoming.

Remember when you also claimed that tag my nephew drew was only legal for a 4 point? Or that he drew it with zero points? Yeah you were right about that too...ten watt Werner. Try reading the regs, if you can't understand them, find a 3rd grader to help you. Oh, and shot with a 120 grain ballistic tip.

[Linked Image from photos.imageevent.com]

Everytime you open your mouth, it's a new level of stupid.

Ten watt Werner...

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Buzz.......didn't you post you had never been on Esterbrook Road, month of May.......in uniform?

Is a shirt and name tag considered uniform?

Just checking.

Hint: 22 centerfires are legal for prairie dogs, in Wyoming. Perhaps the Fed's don't know that just yet.

TFF!

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Buzz.......didn't you post you had never been on Esterbrook Road, month of May.......in uniform?

Just checking.

Hint: 22 centerfires are legal for prairie dogs, in Wyoming. Perhaps the Fed's don't know that just yet.

TFF!

Ten Watt Werner,

Correct, I never have been on esterbrook road in May, and I've never worn a name tag at work either.

Just to clarify, it's legal to shoot pronghorn and deer with a .22 centerfire in Wyoming with bullets at least 60 grains. I testified on that regulation change.

IC B2

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Buzz.......just to clarify, I know all about hiring practices.......race vs best qualified.

TFF!

Originally Posted by BuzzH

Just checking.

TFF!

Ten Watt Werner,

Correct, I never have been on esterbrook road in May, and I've never worn a name tag at work either.

Just to clarify, it's legal to shoot pronghorn and deer with a .22 centerfire in Wyoming with bullets at least 60 grains. I testified on that regulation change.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Hey, Buzz......what about Braae Road?

I met a guy at the camping spot up next to the corral on the Justin Werner property, above the Horseshoe Creek campgrounds. He was a retired jailer that picked up a part time job he enjoyed.

Later.....met his wife while camping up by the Friend Park intersection. She was young enough to be his daughter.

Do you know them?

TFF!

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Hey, Buzz......what about Braae Road?

I met a guy at the camping spot up next to the corral on the Justin Werner property, above the Horseshoe Creek campgrounds. He was a retired jailer that picked up a part time job he enjoyed.

Later.....met his wife while camping up by the Friend Park intersection. She was young enough to be his daughter.

Do you know them?

TFF!

Yeah, I know all 100,000 employees that work for my agency...as well as all the volunteers.

What a 🤡

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Per Jim Conrad I need to be more positive, so I'm looking for the goodness in everything now.

In regards to this thread I've gleaned that people should seek help if they sense their mental faculties waning, to always take your meds, don't judge someone if they are mentally deficient.

Thanks MIKE.

Ps a 6mm is and always will be capable of killing elk (even bulls, with lead core bullets)

An aside, Buzz do you buy into the "lead is killing everything" camp? Just curious.

Last edited by Jackson_Handy; 05/20/23.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Per Jim Conrad I need to be more positive, so I'm looking for the goodness in everything now.

In regards to this thread I've gleaned that people should seek help if they sense their mental faculties waning, to always take your meds, don't judge someone if they are mentally deficient.

Thanks MIKE.

Ps a 6mm is and always will be capable of killing elk (even bulls, with lead core bullets)

An aside, Buzz do you buy into the "lead is killing everything" camp? Just curious.

No, I don't think lead is killing everything, does it kill some raptors? I think so.

As far as human consumption of meat killed with lead bullets? I don't worry about it for a couple reasons:

1. I think if you consume some lead particles, they pass through a human digestive system so fast there's negligible amounts that get in the blood stream.

2. I usually lay off the shoulders and when I process my animals, I have a moto: when in doubt, throw it out.

What I have started doing is picking up and experimenting with e-tips, they seem to perform pretty well. In the 6mm the 90 grainer e-tips have a pretty high BC higher than the 90 grain accubond. I shot some hogs and a blackbuck with them in Texas a few weeks back, they did really well. Pushing them at 3300 FPS I think for sane ranges expansion shouldn't be a problem.

I wish Nolser would come out with a 105 grainish 6mm standard accubond. I think those would be pretty stellar in a quick twist .243/6mm...in particular on elk. I'm going to shoot an elk with the 90 grain e-tip this fall and see how it does, the 90 grain accubonds work well for sure on elk.

I also tried the 140 E-tips in the 7 RM and shooting them at about 3050 FPS. My Dad shot a 7x7 bull and a cow with them in the breaks, no problems. I've killed 1 WT buck, 2 elk, and a bull moose with them, no problems.

You have it right, the lead bullets create a better wound channel no question, but I've not had a problem with the e-tips not expanding.

I slum accubonds in about everything and have several thousand on hand, I like them a lot and don't plan on not shooting them at game for a long, long time (unless forced to use something different).

I just think its prudent to have some mono's tested out, just in case and to give them a fair shake.

So far, I've had pretty good results.

IC B3

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Fair enough.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Handle Jack.......may be leaving here again soon, cannot continue to talk you off the ledge.

Is there a psychiatrist in the house?!

JH.......don't feel inferior in the locker room. The water in the pool was cold today. Convince yourself everyone else didn't swim in it.

You really should ask Buzz if his 6mm is extra special. Ask him if it's a standard chamber........or the 6mm Taxpayer-Improved.

Thanks MIKE.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Just wanted to clarify, Buzz.

Is that a 'no'.......final answer......to knowing them?

The propensity to deceive is strong with this one.

Originally Posted by BuzzH
Yeah, I know all 100,000 employees that work for my agency...as well as all the volunteers.

What a 🤡

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Handle Jack.......may be leaving here again soon, cannot continue to talk you off the ledge.

Is there a psychiatrist in the house?!

JH.......don't feel inferior in the locker room. The water in the pool was cold today. Convince yourself everyone else didn't swim in it.

You really should ask Buzz if his 6mm is extra special. Ask him if it's a standard chamber........or the 6mm Taxpayer-Improved.

Thanks MIKE.

If there is a psychiatrist in the house, I'm certain you are a weekly customer. You are either incredibly stupid, nuts, or possibly both.

MIKEWEANIE, you are not funny and you are not very intelligent. That is all.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Ouch! You're in the lead, Jack Handle. Just don't read the results in the pits.

TFF!

If there is a psychiatrist in the house, I'm certain you are a weekly customer. You are either incredibly stupid, nuts, or possibly both.

MIKEWEANIE, you are not funny and you are not very intelligent. That is all.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J

TFF!

Again with the nonsensical ramblings. Mental illness isn't TFF.

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
I understand, but never underestimate the legitimacy of your feelings.

It is reality......in your own tremendous mind.

TFF (do you have any clue where this originated?).

TFF!
Again with the nonsensical ramblings. Mental illness isn't TFF.

J
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
J
Mr. Weaner, you appear to have an obsession. I understand you're probably on the back side of 70 and losing your marbles however, absolutely nothing you post makes any sense.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Stick...is that you?

These are my opinions, feel free to disagree.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Ok, ‘hint’ taken.

Shoulder friendly, and all that.

Smallest I've used is .270.......150 grain, bonded.

Originally Posted by JSTUART

Stick...is that you?

Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
147 members (257 mag, 10Glocks, 300jimmy, 01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 257robertsimp, 10 invisible), 1,435 guests, and 775 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,590
Posts18,397,899
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.