[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

I like guns | optics | fishing
GB1

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
How do you figure? I see he has sold three identical rifles but going by the pictures and description they were not the same rifle.

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by tmitch
How do you figure? I see he has sold three identical rifles but going by the pictures and description they were not the same rifle.

Sold then relisted… hes done it 2x w same rifle.

Its not bringing enough so he has a buddy bid it up…

T
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
T
These are the three 1894 .218 rifles he's sold. The top rifle sold for $1602 and not relisted and the middle sold for $1110 and not relisted. The bottom one had sold for $1200 and then, as you found, relisted. Why? Shill bidder scheme, non-paying buyer, mistake? Unless someone has personal connections to the seller and/or bidders (I don't), then it's just conjecture. Out of curiosity I sent the seller a message asking why it's relisted. Looking over the sellers past auctions he's sold, and not relisted, some pretty nice Marlins and has good feedback. IMO I'm not feeling shill bidding on this one. YMMV

[Linked Image from p1.gunbroker.com]

Charter Member
Ancient order of the 1895 Winchester

"It's an insecure and petite man who demands all others like what he likes and dislike what he dislikes."
szihn

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
These are the three 1894 .218 rifles he's sold. The top rifle sold for $1602 and not relisted and the middle sold for $1110 and not relisted. The bottom one had sold for $1200 and then, as you found, relisted. Why? Shill bidder scheme, non-paying buyer, mistake? Unless someone has personal connections to the seller and/or bidders (I don't), then it's just conjecture. Out of curiosity I sent the seller a message asking why it's relisted. Looking over the sellers past auctions he's sold, and not relisted, some pretty nice Marlins and has good feedback. IMO I'm not feeling shill bidding on this one. YMMV

I agree with you buddy. Now it's possible that it goes on there, I'm not going to argue about that. But some guys here seem to think GB is the devil. Those guys need to get a life. I think those guys are just butt hurt because they were not the high bidder, or can't believe what a particular rifle sells for there. They are paranoid at the least.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA
IC B2

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular

Those brought $1600 ish

He claims buyer didnt have the funds
Winning bidder has A+ and he did not leave him any feedback

Last edited by Rodney482; 05/13/23.

Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
Another one of his auctions

The winning bidder (NR) and no feedback left either way.

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/983811744/BidHistory

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I handle GunBroker at our gun shop. There are more non-paying bidders than you'd think and I often have to relist. It's pain in the ass. No doubt there is some hanky-panky that goes on, but I'd be willing to bet there are more dishonest bidders than sellers. BTW, if a non-paying bidder claim is filed and the selling fees are refunded to the seller, GunBroker will leave a negative feedback, the seller doesn't have to, though he can edit and add more details.

O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
extraordinary accusations, demand extraordinary proof,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I have never harvested a animal but I have killed quite a few,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rodney482
Another one of his auctions

The winning bidder (NR) and no feedback left either way.

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/983811744/BidHistory

Easiest fix for you is not to bid on his auctions.

Problem solved.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
From what I have experienced I think there are an increasing number of anti's signing up, bidding on high dollar stuff and not paying just to upset the process...

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Gun broker can be good and bad Follow your gut I’ve picked up several items lately I couldn’t find any where else and priced right (hard to find zeiss scopes and Schmidt and benders ) all have been great transactions

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I suspect "shilling" is done occasionally on higher value items. But if the shill winds up winning the auction then he's either got to pay, or else the seller is liable for GB fees. He can claim non-paying bidder, but then his buddy the shill can get negative feedback. Seems like it's a lot of hassle for minimal gain unless it's a valuable item.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

576 members (10Glocks, 1234, 1Longbow, 1beaver_shooter, 17CalFan, 61 invisible), 2,639 guests, and 1,083 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,313
Posts18,468,297
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.