Hop To
Page 3 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 20 21
A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by irfubar
I am a big Athlon fan, I have a Midas Tac 4-16 and a 6-24, very nice scopes. Welcome to the forums.
From Chyna?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB1

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Welcome to the Fire, Athlon_Optics.
Would you like to comment on the performance of your Helos 2-12 in the scope evaluation, linked below?

https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/q-a-for-athlon-helos-btr-gen-2-2-12x42mm-field-eval.289776/

Kind of wish I'd seen that before picking up my second Helos BTR 2-12. I've had one on a 6.5 Sig Cross that survived a couple hundred rounds then riding and hiking around on my elk hunt last year ok, only complaint is that big ass center dot when trying to do any load development (slightly smaller dot or cross would be better).

I picked up another one for my Tikka 300 WSM and it croaked about 50 rounds in, held zero, but the parallax would change with every shot, so when my sight settled back down after recoil everything was blurry. I asked Athalon for an RMA since it was basically brand new. They asked a couple questions about ring torque, etc and asked for a picture, then said they wouldn't RMA it since the front ring looked like it was close to (but not touching) the turret..... Pretty lame excuse, but I wound up sending it in on my dime to get it replaced, I'd guess they don't actually work on them here in the states.

We'll see what they do from here, but not overly impressed at this point, kind of a get what you pay for situation I guess.

Here's the ring spacing that apparently murders Athlons, it's about the best you can do with Sportsmatches on a Tikka though, which is a pretty standard rig.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Originally Posted by OGB
How about a 6X with a mil tree like the BTR 2? No dialing necessary just zero and know holds.

I too don't understand why there aren't any options like this, I'd be pretty happy with a lightweight scope sporting a decent mil tree for hunting. As long as it can hold zero, once set, I'm good with holding on the tree for shots like I do with my range rifles.

Last edited by Gtscotty; 05/25/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Athlon_Optics
Greetings Everyone!

My name is Matt and I am very excited to launch the official Athlon Optics thread on 24 Hour Campfire!

I am a competitive shooter (primarily 3GUN) and a member of the Athlon marketing team. I am also a big fan of good glass and all things that go BOOM.

I look forward to some great conversation and the opportunity to answer any questions you might have about our products or about optics in general.

So... Let's get this party started!

Are there any Athlon fans out there? If yes, I would love to hear about the Athlon products you are using, what you use them for, and what your experience has been.

Camera Land is the sponsor of this forum.......

If I have a question I'll call Doug or Neil

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Greetings Everyone!

My name is Matt and I am very excited to launch the official Athlon Optics thread on 24 Hour Campfire!

I am a competitive shooter (primarily 3GUN) and a member of the Athlon marketing team. I am also a big fan of good glass and all things that go BOOM.

I look forward to some great conversation and the opportunity to answer any questions you might have about our products or about optics in general.

Are there any Athlon fans out there? If yes, I would love to hear about the Athlon products you are using, what you use them for, and what your experience has been.

And what do you think they will tell you?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EdM
Greetings Everyone!

Like you give a schit either way.....

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
IC B2

A
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
A

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JD45
I've heard great things about your scopes. Some of us like a set and forget it scope, that is a 1" tube and light as possible.

Lots of us southerners hunt from a treestand, and usually have time to crank up the power ring if needed. I'd like to see 2 light variables. One topping out at 7-8X, and maybe another around 10-12X, 40mm max.
Close JD. How about a 2-7 with a 30mm tube, illuminated ?? Set it and forget it compact hunting scope ? Under 10 inches is a plus.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by EdM
Greetings Everyone!

Like you give a schit either way.....

Yeah, I guess you are right.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I barely have (16) 2-12's and have yet to experience a RTZ,tracking or zero retention issue,but I actually fhuqking shoot. Nothing bigger than 375H&H,if only in "fairness". Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

As to SWFA,I've close to (100) and have yet to experience a RTZ,tracking or zero retention issue,but I actually fhuqking shoot. Hint.

The Padded Case "Chronicles" are funnier than fhuqk. Try prying your kchunts from the couch and actually mashing a trigger. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!........................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by JGray
I have 4 Helos BTR Gen 2 2-12's purchased based on reviews posted here. I seldom go above 10x due to the center dot size, but no complaints on paper or in the field

Same here, 2 x 2-12 Helos and 2 of the 4-20 version. They are a pile of goodness for the money. Also, it doesn't hurt Athlon is very kind to us mil/vet guys as well.

Semper Fi
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The BTR Gen2 2-12x42 I have been using seems to forget to fail, or break, or get wonky. With all that forgetting it seems to remember where zero is just fine!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Regarding the 2-12,

Because of some positive reviews here, I bought one last November on a black Friday sale from Cameraland.

I shot it and really liked it. Love the reticle because unlike a lot of current reticles, it’s actually visible in hunting situations. Some have commented that the .3 mil center dot is too large for working up loads. I have been putting up a 2 inch orange dot and have been able to shoot great groups without a problem.

After reading that the scope failed the drop tests on the other forum, I decided to test my scope myself. I dropped it onto snow that was pretty hard-packed onto my 1 inch shooting pad nine times total from 36 inches and then checked the zero and tracking. Then I. repeated it nine more times with my shooting pad on the cement. Nothing broke and the scope held zero.

I wrote about it in this thread from last December. I think my post ends with 892.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/17880941/7

Last edited by IDMilton; 05/27/23.

The never-ending flight
Of future days.
Paradise Lost. Book ii. Line 221
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
are Athlon scopes life time warranty and is there a USA place to send these scopes for warranty ? how long has this company been in business ? just wondering because i might need a couple.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Most of our products are manufactured in China

Deal killer right there.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'll greedily take FULL disclosure and candor,over say Reupold Smoke & Mirrors. Hint.

Now as to shooting modest agg's with the 2-12x Mil/Mil,it's a literal breeze. Rather than shoot "through" centerpoint subtension,I tend to use a 6 O'clock hold. Hint.

The reticle is rather easy to hold HARD,even to 1300yds++. Hint.

Try prying your kchunts from the couch and actually mashing a trigger. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!........................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Who would have ever guessed that Lil Schill would show up to pump up his current flame and run down his former.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SU35

Deal killer right there.

I wonder how much more it would cost to make the same scope in Korea or the Philippines. Looking at some of the good optics coming from those companies building there, it wouldn't cost much more if any at all. Now, how many sales do they not make to patriots who hate communist China, our greatest economic geopolitical foe?

N
NWT Online Content
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
N
Have a great Memorial Day weekend everyone! To everyone who has served (and is serving) our country. Thank you!

Matt @ ATHLON (CCP)
On this Memorial Day weekend congratulations on your position working for and supporting the CHINESE COMMUNIST PARTY!!
You couldn’t have picked a better American Holiday to show Your True “PATRIOTISM “!!!
Good luck with your job security, seems like you have shown your true colors…. CCP RED
Happy Memorial Day Weekend!!!
NWT

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SU35

Deal killer right there.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Lol ..Trumpy has nothing to do with it.

I won't own optics from the Chicoms.

The Leica Amplus 6 has been good to me lately.

Page 3 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

217 members (30Gibbs, 10gaugemag, 345dl, 1_deuce, 264mag, 16penny, 33 invisible), 2,749 guests, and 1,021 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,633
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.