Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 20 21
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Greetings Everyone!

My name is Matt and I am very excited to launch the official Athlon Optics thread on 24 Hour Campfire!

I am a competitive shooter (primarily 3GUN) and a member of the Athlon marketing team. I am also a big fan of good glass and all things that go BOOM.

I look forward to some great conversation and the opportunity to answer any questions you might have about our products or about optics in general.

So... Let's get this party started!

Are there any Athlon fans out there? If yes, I would love to hear about the Athlon products you are using, what you use them for, and what your experience has been.

Last edited by Athlon_Optics; 05/24/23.
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Welcome. I have the Cronus, Ares BTR Gen2, and Helos 2-12x, all MIL versions, and they have all been fantastic. I appreciate the fact that you guys always answer the phone and I can talk to a human being. Keep up the good work.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I have a Athlon Helos BTR Gen2 2-12x42 I think its a good scope for the money. It works well for my application.

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
I have a Helos BTR Gen2 and have been pleased. I’ll pick up another next month for a new project.

Two asks: I’d love to see someone build a SFP durable big game scope that held zero like the old Leupold Vari-X-III scopes that were lightweight, very good optically…..but tracked reliably.

Second, I’d love to see Athlon build something to survive the tests done over on Rockslide. You’ve got the tracking down…I’d love see the durability addressed….and include usable hunting reticles with SFP option.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
("and include usable hunting reticles with SFP option")

^^^This^^^

I would like to see a scope like this also. Illuminated BDC reticle that is not as bold/thick as the reticle on the Helos BTR Gen2 2-12x42

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Picked up one of your 20-60x spotting scopes on sale from Cameraland last month. It's sure a big step up from the crappy old Simmons I've been using for too many years. If the sun cooperates & air isn't too hazy .22 holes are easily visible @200 yds. The price was right too.

Sacred cows make good burgers when you know what temperature to cook them at.-Rev. Billy
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jc189

^^^This^^^

I would like to see a scope like this also. Illuminated BDC reticle that is not as bold/thick as the reticle on the Helos BTR Gen2 2-12x42

I never have, and never will buy scopes based on that drop test. Been hunting big game since 1971 and have never had my rifles go through that, and they've been used.....an awful lot. It's borderline ridiculous IMO.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I have 4 of the Helos 2-12. For hunting they have been dead nuts reliable so far. The heavy dot on higher magnification is not for precision work.

CK
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
How about a relatively light weight scope in the 2x7x36 range. This would be strictly a hunting scope. Don't need turrets or Xmas tree reticles. SFP with a duplex reticle. Something to compete with the Leupold 2.5x8x36.

E
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by jc189

^^^This^^^

I never have, and never will buy scopes based on that drop test. Been hunting big game since 1971 and have never had my rifles go through that, and they've been used.....an awful lot. It's borderline ridiculous IMO.

I get that…. However, I’ve seen too many scopes that even a modest tumble will change point of impact. Most recently, had a heavy barrel .223 in a soft case leaning up against a table get knocked over by the dog. It landed on the windage turret side. It moved impact 3” at 100yds. Interestingly, the 6.5x20 had held zero perfectly for 25+ years. I’m certain its landing on the target turret side made things worse. Do I or most hunters need NF durability? No. Clearly something designed and built to prevent point of impact shifting from falling over in a padded case is needed….

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Gutsy move for a company/brand to start an account here. I applaud it. Wear your body armor and FR clothing AT ALL TIMES.

I don’t own any Athlon products, yet anyway. I’ve read plenty of good reviews here on the fire to have confidence in the 2-12 Helos BTR Gen2. It seems to check many boxes for a compact rifle. I particularly appreciate the length. I just haven’t been able to get past the 25+ oz weight.

Don't speculate when you don't know, and don't second guess when you do.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Delete

Last edited by drano 25; 05/24/23.

Don't speculate when you don't know, and don't second guess when you do.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm intrigued by your scopes. I don't own one because at 60, I need a thicker reticle than any of your offerings. I'm cool with a straight duplex but would prefer a duplex with subtensions thick enough to see at the edges of daylight.

Plus I have no need for any objective bigger than 42-44 mm.

I'm glad to see a scope.mfr here. As was stated, bring your flame suit.....

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Athlon_Optics
Greetings Everyone!

My name is Matt and I am very excited to launch the official Athlon Optics thread on 24 Hour Campfire!

I am a competitive shooter (primarily 3GUN) and a member of the Athlon marketing team. I am also a big fan of good glass and all things that go BOOM.

I look forward to some great conversation and the opportunity to answer any questions you might have about our products or about optics in general.

So... Let's get this party started!

Are there any Athlon fans out there? If yes, I would love to hear about the Athlon products you are using, what you use them for, and what your experience has been.

Matt, I'll start by saying that I appreciate any manufacturer's rep who has the balls to join a forum and interact with the members. Frankly, it's a no win proposition. People will troll you and antagonize you just for the sake of doing so. People will voice legitimate criticisms that are somewhat difficult to diplomatically address. You also have a number of fans here who speak highly of your products.

I won't ever own one. China is our goddam enemy and there are other countries that are not our enemy that are capable of producing quality optics at competitive prices. Best wishes pard!

Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Labman95
How about a relatively light weight scope in the 2x7x36 range. This would be strictly a hunting scope. Don't need turrets or Xmas tree reticles. SFP with a duplex reticle. Something to compete with the Leupold 2.5x8x36.

X1000

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Matt, I a have two of th Athlon Helos BTR GEN2 2-12x42 FFP scopes.
Fantastic optic for the cost and recommend them to anyone that will listen.

If I could have one change it is to the reticle, I find the reticle center dot a tad large, subtends to .3 mil. I think half that size would be useable through out the magnification range and not cover up quite as much target at farther ranges.

Thanks for you interest.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I have 4 Helos BTR Gen 2 2-12's purchased based on reviews posted here. I seldom go above 10x due to the center dot size, but no complaints on paper or in the field

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Welcome to the Jungle!

Old guy, old guns.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I have 2 Helos BTR Gen2 2-12’s. Only issue is one eats batteries. I really like them and will buy 1-2 more.

Mike
F
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
[quote=Athlon_Optics]
Matt, I'll start by saying that I appreciate any manufacturer's rep who has the balls to join a forum and interact with the members. Frankly, it's a no win proposition. People will troll you and antagonize you just for the sake of doing so. People will voice legitimate criticisms that are somewhat difficult to diplomatically address. You also have a number of fans here who speak highly of your products.

I won't ever own one. China is our goddam enemy and there are other countries that are not our enemy that are capable of producing quality optics at competitive prices. Best wishes pard!

Paul, I generally agree with your above statement, but in all fairness, the Chronos models are made in Japan and are the best models they have.

Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 20 21

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

583 members (1minute, 10gaugeman, 10Glocks, 1234, 1Longbow, 70 invisible), 2,482 guests, and 1,129 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,315
Posts18,468,381
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.