Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 19 20
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Greetings Everyone!

My name is Matt and I am very excited to launch the official Athlon Optics thread on 24 Hour Campfire!

I am a competitive shooter (primarily 3GUN) and a member of the Athlon marketing team. I am also a big fan of good glass and all things that go BOOM.

I look forward to some great conversation and the opportunity to answer any questions you might have about our products or about optics in general.

So... Let's get this party started!

Are there any Athlon fans out there? If yes, I would love to hear about the Athlon products you are using, what you use them for, and what your experience has been.

Last edited by Athlon_Optics; 05/24/23.
GB1

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Welcome. I have the Cronus, Ares BTR Gen2, and Helos 2-12x, all MIL versions, and they have all been fantastic. I appreciate the fact that you guys always answer the phone and I can talk to a human being. Keep up the good work.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I have a Athlon Helos BTR Gen2 2-12x42 I think its a good scope for the money. It works well for my application.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I have a Helos BTR Gen2 and have been pleased. I’ll pick up another next month for a new project.

Two asks: I’d love to see someone build a SFP durable big game scope that held zero like the old Leupold Vari-X-III scopes that were lightweight, very good optically…..but tracked reliably.

Second, I’d love to see Athlon build something to survive the tests done over on Rockslide. You’ve got the tracking down…I’d love see the durability addressed….and include usable hunting reticles with SFP option.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
("and include usable hunting reticles with SFP option")

^^^This^^^

I would like to see a scope like this also. Illuminated BDC reticle that is not as bold/thick as the reticle on the Helos BTR Gen2 2-12x42

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Picked up one of your 20-60x spotting scopes on sale from Cameraland last month. It's sure a big step up from the crappy old Simmons I've been using for too many years. If the sun cooperates & air isn't too hazy .22 holes are easily visible @200 yds. The price was right too.

Sacred cows make good burgers when you know what temperature to cook them at.-Rev. Billy
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by jc189

^^^This^^^

I would like to see a scope like this also. Illuminated BDC reticle that is not as bold/thick as the reticle on the Helos BTR Gen2 2-12x42

I never have, and never will buy scopes based on that drop test. Been hunting big game since 1971 and have never had my rifles go through that, and they've been used.....an awful lot. It's borderline ridiculous IMO.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I have 4 of the Helos 2-12. For hunting they have been dead nuts reliable so far. The heavy dot on higher magnification is not for precision work.

CK
L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
How about a relatively light weight scope in the 2x7x36 range. This would be strictly a hunting scope. Don't need turrets or Xmas tree reticles. SFP with a duplex reticle. Something to compete with the Leupold 2.5x8x36.

E
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by jc189

^^^This^^^

I never have, and never will buy scopes based on that drop test. Been hunting big game since 1971 and have never had my rifles go through that, and they've been used.....an awful lot. It's borderline ridiculous IMO.

I get that…. However, I’ve seen too many scopes that even a modest tumble will change point of impact. Most recently, had a heavy barrel .223 in a soft case leaning up against a table get knocked over by the dog. It landed on the windage turret side. It moved impact 3” at 100yds. Interestingly, the 6.5x20 had held zero perfectly for 25+ years. I’m certain its landing on the target turret side made things worse. Do I or most hunters need NF durability? No. Clearly something designed and built to prevent point of impact shifting from falling over in a padded case is needed….

IC B3

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Gutsy move for a company/brand to start an account here. I applaud it. Wear your body armor and FR clothing AT ALL TIMES.

I don’t own any Athlon products, yet anyway. I’ve read plenty of good reviews here on the fire to have confidence in the 2-12 Helos BTR Gen2. It seems to check many boxes for a compact rifle. I particularly appreciate the length. I just haven’t been able to get past the 25+ oz weight.

Don't speculate when you don't know, and don't second guess when you do.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Delete

Last edited by drano 25; 05/24/23.

Don't speculate when you don't know, and don't second guess when you do.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'm intrigued by your scopes. I don't own one because at 60, I need a thicker reticle than any of your offerings. I'm cool with a straight duplex but would prefer a duplex with subtensions thick enough to see at the edges of daylight.

Plus I have no need for any objective bigger than 42-44 mm.

I'm glad to see a scope.mfr here. As was stated, bring your flame suit.....

Adversity doesn't build character, it reveals it.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Athlon_Optics
Greetings Everyone!

My name is Matt and I am very excited to launch the official Athlon Optics thread on 24 Hour Campfire!

I am a competitive shooter (primarily 3GUN) and a member of the Athlon marketing team. I am also a big fan of good glass and all things that go BOOM.

I look forward to some great conversation and the opportunity to answer any questions you might have about our products or about optics in general.

Are there any Athlon fans out there? If yes, I would love to hear about the Athlon products you are using, what you use them for, and what your experience has been.

Matt, I'll start by saying that I appreciate any manufacturer's rep who has the balls to join a forum and interact with the members. Frankly, it's a no win proposition. People will troll you and antagonize you just for the sake of doing so. People will voice legitimate criticisms that are somewhat difficult to diplomatically address. You also have a number of fans here who speak highly of your products.

I won't ever own one. China is our goddam enemy and there are other countries that are not our enemy that are capable of producing quality optics at competitive prices. Best wishes pard!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Labman95
How about a relatively light weight scope in the 2x7x36 range. This would be strictly a hunting scope. Don't need turrets or Xmas tree reticles. SFP with a duplex reticle. Something to compete with the Leupold 2.5x8x36.

X1000

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Matt, I a have two of th Athlon Helos BTR GEN2 2-12x42 FFP scopes.
Fantastic optic for the cost and recommend them to anyone that will listen.

If I could have one change it is to the reticle, I find the reticle center dot a tad large, subtends to .3 mil. I think half that size would be useable through out the magnification range and not cover up quite as much target at farther ranges.

Thanks for you interest.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
I have 4 Helos BTR Gen 2 2-12's purchased based on reviews posted here. I seldom go above 10x due to the center dot size, but no complaints on paper or in the field

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Welcome to the Jungle!

Old guy, old guns.
B
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
B
I have 2 Helos BTR Gen2 2-12’s. Only issue is one eats batteries. I really like them and will buy 1-2 more.

Mike
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
[quote=Athlon_Optics]
Matt, I'll start by saying that I appreciate any manufacturer's rep who has the balls to join a forum and interact with the members. Frankly, it's a no win proposition. People will troll you and antagonize you just for the sake of doing so. People will voice legitimate criticisms that are somewhat difficult to diplomatically address. You also have a number of fans here who speak highly of your products.

I won't ever own one. China is our goddam enemy and there are other countries that are not our enemy that are capable of producing quality optics at competitive prices. Best wishes pard!

Paul, I generally agree with your above statement, but in all fairness, the Chronos models are made in Japan and are the best models they have.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Have a couple of MidasTac 6-24x50s, among other models. Those Midas Tacs are very nice scopes for the money. I like the floating dot reticle better than the floating cross hair in the Ares BTR Gen 2 4.5-27, although I wish the floating dot in the Midas Tac was just a hair bigger.

A Midas Tac 6-24 with a slightly larger, illuminated floating dot would be awesome.

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Welcome. I have the Cronus, Ares BTR Gen2, and Helos 2-12x, all MIL versions, and they have all been fantastic. I appreciate the fact that you guys always answer the phone and I can talk to a human being. Keep up the good work.

JGRaider - Thanks for being the first to respond! Thanks for the positive feedback as well. Sounds like you have a pretty nice Athlon collection going on over there - I like it smile

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by 358WCF
Picked up one of your 20-60x spotting scopes on sale from Cameraland last month. It's sure a big step up from the crappy old Simmons I've been using for too many years. If the sun cooperates & air isn't too hazy .22 holes are easily visible @200 yds. The price was right too.

Which model did you get?

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by elkaddict
I have a Helos BTR Gen2 and have been pleased. I’ll pick up another next month for a new project.

Two asks: I’d love to see someone build a SFP durable big game scope that held zero like the old Leupold Vari-X-III scopes that were lightweight, very good optically…..but tracked reliably.

Second, I’d love to see Athlon build something to survive the tests done over on Rockslide. You’ve got the tracking down…I’d love see the durability addressed….and include usable hunting reticles with SFP option.

Thanks for the suggestion! We are constantly in the process of developing new products. Any ideas that are posted in this thread will be passed along to our design team.

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by FSJeeper
[quote=Athlon_Optics]

Paul, I generally agree with your above statement, but in all fairness, the Chronos models are made in Japan and are the best models they have.

This is a subject that I expect will come up repeatedly - I'm only going to address it once though.

Most of our products are manufactured in China and our Cronus line is manufactured in Japan. All items are sent to our QC lab in Kansas City for inspection before they are shipped. We respect everyone who has played a role in helping our organization become what it has grown into. We also respect the freedom each person has to choose who they buy from.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've heard great things about your scopes. Some of us like a set and forget it scope, that is a 1" tube and light as possible.

Lots of us southerners hunt from a treestand, and usually have time to crank up the power ring if needed. I'd like to see 2 light variables. One topping out at 7-8X, and maybe another around 10-12X, 40mm max.

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Have a great Memorial Day weekend everyone! To everyone who has served (and is serving) our country. Thank you!

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Welcome to the Fire, Athlon_Optics.
Would you like to comment on the performance of your Helos 2-12 in the scope evaluation, linked below?

https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/q-a-for-athlon-helos-btr-gen-2-2-12x42mm-field-eval.289776/

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by prairie_goat
Would you like to comment on the performance of your Helos 2-12 in the scope evaluation, linked below?

https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/q-a-for-athlon-helos-btr-gen-2-2-12x42mm-field-eval.289776/

Send the same message to SWFA, since their's failed too a couple of years ago.

H
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
H
Interesting thread. I'm looking for a new scope at the moment. Something for my AR. 2-7 one inch or 30mm tube doesn't matter. Standard duplex cross, better thin than heavy. Just a plain old school scope, with modern build technology. I haven't looked at Athlon yet, because of the country of orign. I will check out the website. Since your new, I welcome you. Now in campfire tradition GFY.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Howdy Matt,

For the past year or two I've been able to use several different Athlon Scopes while working with Gavin at Ultimate Reloader.

The Athlon Ares 4.5-27x50 worked great on his recent 16.25" .308 Winchester build, and I used it to shoot some tight 100 yard groups. I haven't taken that rifle out to longer ranges yet, though it may go bear hunting this year.
https://ultimatereloader.com/2023/04/22/308-shorty-chronograph-data-comparison-16-vs-24-barrels/

Also used the Athlon Ares 3-18 on Gavin's 30-06 Savage which he upgraded recently. I was able to shoot 1/2 MOA groups with it, and the scope certainly helped with that.
https://ultimatereloader.com/2023/04/09/boyds-heritage-athlon-ares-upgrade-savage-30-06/

https://ultimatereloader.com/2023/05/14/tested-barnes-130-grain-30-caliber-ttsx-bullets/

I hadn't used the Athlon scopes prior to my time at Ultimate Reloader but am glad to have had the opportunity to use them.

Regards, Guy

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
I have 4 or 5 of the Helos 2x12 mostly on AR,s and 223 bolt guns and like them for general use, for range precise load work up prefer other scopes.

kk alaska

Alaska 7 months of winter then 5 months of tourists
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I’ve got three in the house and expect to add more soon, the Neos line is without a doubt the best value in optics right now.

I’m with the others who have mentioned a light, tough set it and forget it scope. Build a bullet proof fixed or variable under 15 ounces and I’ll buy a half dozen. Neos 3-9x40 is close. Give me a 6x36 or 2-8x36 and I’d be happy.

D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
I have two spotting scopes Cronus 12-36x50 UHD and Ares G2 20-60x85 both are very clear and simple to use.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

“Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”
ISAIAH 41:10
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
I have only had one problem with an Athlon.. Parallax issue ... Sent it in and after a couple days I got a email to call them...I thought "here we go"..

I was shocked when they said there were upgrading me and just wanted to know if I wanted MIL or MOA..

Have a 4 Ahtlons now..Two scopes a spotter and 15x binos... Excellent support and customer service..

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by kk alaska
I have 4 or 5 of the Helos 2x12 mostly on AR,s and 223 bolt guns and like them for general use, for range precise load work up prefer other scopes.

What he said for the one I have, with the addition of dead nuts reliable and accurate with great illumination and reticle. A bit heavy but everything's a trade-off.

Also have a pair of Ares 10X42 I got from Doug on closeout. Very happy with them for the money and would have been at regular price.

Haul ass, haul ass! - Pappy
C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
Originally Posted by Biathlonman
I’ve got three in the house and expect to add more soon, the Neos line is without a doubt the best value in optics right now.

I’m with the others who have mentioned a light, tough set it and forget it scope. Build a bullet proof fixed or variable under 15 ounces and I’ll buy a half dozen. Neos 3-9x40 is close. Give me a 6x36 or 2-8x36 and I’d be happy.

Yes! I think there's still a market for scopes like that. Simple, light, rugged, reliable, with great glass.

Guy

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am a big Athlon fan, I have a Midas Tac 4-16 and a 6-24, very nice scopes. Welcome to the forums.

Originally Posted by Judman
PS, if you think Trump is “good” you’re way stupider than I thought! Haha

Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
O
OGB Online Content
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by Cascade
Originally Posted by Biathlonman

Yes! I think there's still a market for scopes like that. Simple, light, rugged, reliable, with great glass.

Guy

2-7/3-9X36/40 can be found but are getting thinner on the ground. Fixed X are non-existent.

How about a 6X with a mil tree like the BTR 2? No dialing necessary just zero and know holds.

Bore size is no substitute for shot placement and
Power is no substitute for bullet performance. 458WIN
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
The Kahles K16i is the Gold Standard by which I judge all optics...

If Athlon wanted to chase "Perfection" this is where I would set the mark.

https://www.kahles.at/us/sport/riflescopes/k16i-1-6x24i

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by irfubar
I am a big Athlon fan, I have a Midas Tac 4-16 and a 6-24, very nice scopes. Welcome to the forums.
From Chyna?

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G

Kind of wish I'd seen that before picking up my second Helos BTR 2-12. I've had one on a 6.5 Sig Cross that survived a couple hundred rounds then riding and hiking around on my elk hunt last year ok, only complaint is that big ass center dot when trying to do any load development (slightly smaller dot or cross would be better).

I picked up another one for my Tikka 300 WSM and it croaked about 50 rounds in, held zero, but the parallax would change with every shot, so when my sight settled back down after recoil everything was blurry. I asked Athalon for an RMA since it was basically brand new. They asked a couple questions about ring torque, etc and asked for a picture, then said they wouldn't RMA it since the front ring looked like it was close to (but not touching) the turret..... Pretty lame excuse, but I wound up sending it in on my dime to get it replaced, I'd guess they don't actually work on them here in the states.

We'll see what they do from here, but not overly impressed at this point, kind of a get what you pay for situation I guess.

Here's the ring spacing that apparently murders Athlons, it's about the best you can do with Sportsmatches on a Tikka though, which is a pretty standard rig.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]

Originally Posted by OGB
How about a 6X with a mil tree like the BTR 2? No dialing necessary just zero and know holds.

I too don't understand why there aren't any options like this, I'd be pretty happy with a lightweight scope sporting a decent mil tree for hunting. As long as it can hold zero, once set, I'm good with holding on the tree for shots like I do with my range rifles.

Last edited by Gtscotty; 05/25/23.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Greetings Everyone!

Camera Land is the sponsor of this forum.......

If I have a question I'll call Doug or Neil

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by tedthorn
Greetings Everyone!

And what do you think they will tell you?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by EdM
Greetings Everyone!

Like you give a schit either way.....

Maker of the Frankenstud Sling Keeper
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JD45
I've heard great things about your scopes. Some of us like a set and forget it scope, that is a 1" tube and light as possible.

Lots of us southerners hunt from a treestand, and usually have time to crank up the power ring if needed. I'd like to see 2 light variables. One topping out at 7-8X, and maybe another around 10-12X, 40mm max.
Close JD. How about a 2-7 with a 30mm tube, illuminated ?? Set it and forget it compact hunting scope ? Under 10 inches is a plus.

kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by EdM
Greetings Everyone!

Like you give a schit either way.....

Yeah, I guess you are right.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I barely have (16) 2-12's and have yet to experience a RTZ,tracking or zero retention issue,but I actually fhuqking shoot. Nothing bigger than 375H&H,if only in "fairness". Hint.

[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

As to SWFA,I've close to (100) and have yet to experience a RTZ,tracking or zero retention issue,but I actually fhuqking shoot. Hint.

The Padded Case "Chronicles" are funnier than fhuqk. Try prying your kchunts from the couch and actually mashing a trigger. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!........................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by JGray
I have 4 Helos BTR Gen 2 2-12's purchased based on reviews posted here. I seldom go above 10x due to the center dot size, but no complaints on paper or in the field

Same here, 2 x 2-12 Helos and 2 of the 4-20 version. They are a pile of goodness for the money. Also, it doesn't hurt Athlon is very kind to us mil/vet guys as well.

Semper Fi
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The BTR Gen2 2-12x42 I have been using seems to forget to fail, or break, or get wonky. With all that forgetting it seems to remember where zero is just fine!

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Regarding the 2-12,

Because of some positive reviews here, I bought one last November on a black Friday sale from Cameraland.

I shot it and really liked it. Love the reticle because unlike a lot of current reticles, it’s actually visible in hunting situations. Some have commented that the .3 mil center dot is too large for working up loads. I have been putting up a 2 inch orange dot and have been able to shoot great groups without a problem.

After reading that the scope failed the drop tests on the other forum, I decided to test my scope myself. I dropped it onto snow that was pretty hard-packed onto my 1 inch shooting pad nine times total from 36 inches and then checked the zero and tracking. Then I. repeated it nine more times with my shooting pad on the cement. Nothing broke and the scope held zero.

I wrote about it in this thread from last December. I think my post ends with 892.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/17880941/7

Last edited by IDMilton; 05/27/23.

The never-ending flight
Of future days.
Paradise Lost. Book ii. Line 221
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
are Athlon scopes life time warranty and is there a USA place to send these scopes for warranty ? how long has this company been in business ? just wondering because i might need a couple.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman
S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Most of our products are manufactured in China

Deal killer right there.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'll greedily take FULL disclosure and candor,over say Reupold Smoke & Mirrors. Hint.

Now as to shooting modest agg's with the 2-12x Mil/Mil,it's a literal breeze. Rather than shoot "through" centerpoint subtension,I tend to use a 6 O'clock hold. Hint.

The reticle is rather easy to hold HARD,even to 1300yds++. Hint.

Try prying your kchunts from the couch and actually mashing a trigger. Hint.

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Who would have ever guessed that Lil Schill would show up to pump up his current flame and run down his former.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SU35

Deal killer right there.

I wonder how much more it would cost to make the same scope in Korea or the Philippines. Looking at some of the good optics coming from those companies building there, it wouldn't cost much more if any at all. Now, how many sales do they not make to patriots who hate communist China, our greatest economic geopolitical foe?

N
NWT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Have a great Memorial Day weekend everyone! To everyone who has served (and is serving) our country. Thank you!

Matt @ ATHLON (CCP)
On this Memorial Day weekend congratulations on your position working for and supporting the CHINESE COMMUNIST PARTY!!
You couldn’t have picked a better American Holiday to show Your True “PATRIOTISM “!!!
Good luck with your job security, seems like you have shown your true colors…. CCP RED
Happy Memorial Day Weekend!!!
NWT

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SU35

Deal killer right there.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
Lol ..Trumpy has nothing to do with it.

I won't own optics from the Chicoms.

The Leica Amplus 6 has been good to me lately.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I have the 2-12x42.
Like it.
Pretty much every loopie I've ever owned crapped out between 800 and ,1000 rounds.
I'm not there yet on the 2-12.
So far so good.
Time will tell.
Reticle is a big game killer.
Thinning it out would be mistake.
Never had a issue load developing with a fat reticle.
Just fit it to your target . pretty simple.
Think the only thing I'd like changed on it is a capped windage knob.
Dave

[Linked Image]

Only accurate rifles are interesting.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Big Stick

I will say the colored electrical tape on your caps is looking much neater... far more "professional".

Congratulations!

If you are not actively engaging EVERY enemy you encounter... you are allowing another to fight for you... and that is cowardice... plain and simple.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
CreditQueen,

You'd require a co-signer for the tape alone...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Do not "forget" to obliviously quantify,that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery,as you "live" vicariously,reading my EVERY word and gawking every Splendid Pixel. Hint.

Dre Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Welcome to the forum.
I Respect that and welcome the open conversation.
I had one of your range finders from camera land ny.
Think it was the Midas 1 mile?
It would not range a torso silhouette at 850+/-. With plenty of reflective objects around it. I’ll post a pic.
I called and spoke to somebody (maybe you?) and got asked if I was using a tripod. I wasn’t but you guys still had me send it and replaced with a new one. Tried out the new one and same. So I sold it and told him about the tripod if he shoots that far. But, my other range finders don’t need a tripod even at their max range.

Regarding your scope, I saw couple guys ask about low power hunting scope. This is a big thing that you and other scope manufacturers are missing out on.
I get that you’re making what sells… ELR scopes for all the new long range wannabe or LPVO for tacticool D bags.
There are still guys out there that want nice quality scopes not made in China for their brush guns or straight wall cartridge rifles. Lightweight, 1-6, 2-8, fixed 6x with out all the tactical BS. 32 or 40 mm
I’m ok with BDC but don’t need the full blown Christmas tree .
Thanks, Andre

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Drool,

You are a CLUELESS Whining Fhuqktard...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pass 10yd parallax 35 Mil's on the erector,locking turrets(both),mechanical zero stop,FFP,a lineal mil scale intuitive reticle and killer illumination,while you Google for a FIRST Fhuqking Clue. Hint.

When you "shoot" your mouth and Imagination,is it as loud as PaulaBurnedHard's? Hint.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Dre
Regarding your scope, I saw couple guys ask about low power hunting scope. This is a big thing that you and other scope manufacturers are missing out on.
I get that you’re making what sells… ELR scopes for all the new long range wannabe or LPVO for tacticool D bags.
There are still guys out there that want nice quality scopes not made in China for their brush guns or straight wall cartridge rifles. Lightweight, 1-6, 2-8, fixed 6x with out all the tactical BS. 32 or 40 mm
Thanks, Andre

It's called- look elsewhere. Vortex missed the mark as well with the LHT. Instead they make products to go along with the current fads. Think Bud Light. Lol.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not sure why then”Christmas tree” reticle is a negative? Or why if you want 2-8 vs 2-12 you don’t just stop at 8?

I get the made in China hate, but it’s misplaced.

Being China’s #1 trading partner has probably deterred a war over Taiwan.

Originally Posted by Dre
Welcome to the forum.
I Respect that and welcome the open conversation.
I had one of your range finders from camera land ny.
Think it was the Midas 1 mile?
It would not range a torso silhouette at 850+/-. With plenty of reflective objects around it. I’ll post a pic.
I called and spoke to somebody (maybe you?) and got asked if I was using a tripod. I wasn’t but you guys still had me send it and replaced with a new one. Tried out the new one and same. So I sold it and told him about the tripod if he shoots that far. But, my other range finders don’t need a tripod even at their max range.

Thanks, Andre

“Live free or die. Death is not the worst of evils.” - General
John Stark.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Liking my Helos BTR GEN2 2-12.

Ignore Paul sand in the vagina, Barnard. Hes a libtard.

He's a Biden supporter.

Last edited by hicountry; 05/28/23.
Dre Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Ken and David.
I have looked else where. But there isn’t much selection in regards to quality yet affordable scopes in the lower power range. Look at the price old vx1 2-7, Same price or more than when they were new.
Why stop at 8 power? Do I really need 2-12 with LR reticle on my 44 mag carbine? Wouldn’t the 1-6
Or 2-8 be more than enough scope ? Or Does it really need all the AR tactical reticle?
Wide field of view is much more important to me when hunting the thick stuff vs max zoom. Make it 1.5-8 for all that I care.

All of them do something better than the 30-06, but none of them do everything as well.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
I wanna see a red-white-blue tape job as it it Memorial Day wknd.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by hicountry
Liking my Helos BTR GEN2 2-12.

Ignore Paul sand in the vagina, Barnard. Hes a libtard.

He's a Biden supporter.

That's just darling that you say that while chewing on Xi's crotch.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pardon wares that exist,as you gals Drool aloud...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Fortunately for you ladies,Imagination,Pretend and Homoerotic Fantasies are free,so even you can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Dre Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Drool,

You are a CLUELESS Whining Fhuqktard...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

Pass 10yd parallax 35 Mil's on the erector,locking turrets(both),mechanical zero stop,FFP,a lineal mil scale intuitive reticle and killer illumination,while you Google for a FIRST Fhuqking Clue. Hint.

When you "shoot" your mouth and Imagination,is it as loud as PaulaBurnedHard's? Hint.

I’m going to apologize ahead of time, Because I hate to ruin a good thread and hate to be an A hole.
But Tiny can’t help him self and needs to shut his pie hole.
Btw Stick how is your wife and kids Doing?

Let me show you something worth real value….Not your Athlon scope and electrical tape..
https://imgur.com/a/HzRAsAT

Last edited by Dre; 05/28/23.

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
What's with the plastic bag?....

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by MuskegMan
I wanna see a red-white-blue tape job as it it Memorial Day wknd.

With sprinkles?

...or maybe itty bitty little stars?.

Do you have glitter tape Stick?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Drool,

Your AMAZINGLY long list,of very WELL founded Brokedick Insecurities,is funnier than fhuqk...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

I'm VERY "surprised",that you can almost post a picture,by yourself. Almost! Hint.

Hercules was 2 months old,on his first Buck. Illuminatti there,Wayne's world bottom and stock,with a 120 MB Smooch. Google as you MUST. Hint.

BabyMan was a "whopping" 5 months old here and the splendors exceed your "life's" efforts. 6x MQ and some tape,for a 162 'Max. Google as you MUST. Hint.

Dre Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Let me give you a hint..I’m still married and have my kids around
Also Where is the photoshop pic of your bear on your shoulders and you hovering over rocks?
Now stfu and move along

Last edited by Dre; 05/28/23.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C

All BS aside... Nice looking kid and woman/wife/daughter...

+1... Congrats!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Drool,

I VERY much enjoy that your Woke Crying Karen Routine,is no fhuqking "Act"...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

What were the "odds" of you feverishly reading my EVERY fhuqking word and gawking EVERY Splendid Pixel,if only to "live" vicariously and escape being you,for fleeting moments? Perhaps extoll upon what you "do" for a "living",which mandates the High Pitched Whining Brokedicktitude an AMAZINGLY long list of Insecurities? Hint

Baby Man was 5 months old on his first Steelhead,which trumps your "life's" efforts. Hint.

At least you "get" to read about it and ogle The Splendid Pixels,as you TRY to "convince" yourself,that you "could too". Hint.

How come you are schlepping a Goat Fhuqk 10/22 with an Oil Filter "can" and Baby Man drives a Vudoo,with a HD MQ 1-6x Lit Bitch? Google as you MUST and Whine as you do. Hint.

Try prying your kchunt from the couch and actually mashing a trigger. Hint.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Labman95
This. ^^^

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
NICE Stick!

You are a Blessed man...

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
“Mashing the trigger”. You get stupider by the day. Love window licking, wedlock chronicles!!!!!😂🖕🏿

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
J
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
J
This thread is derailing faster than a Norfolk Southern train in Ohio.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Sure is, as to be expected when the resident no killin liar Larry flaps his ignorant yap.

Ping pong balls for the win.
Once you've wrestled everything else in life is easy. Dan Gable
I keep my circle small, I’d rather have 4 quarters than 100 pennies.

Ain’t easy havin pals.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Dumbass even destroys a thread that supports his chino "sponsor".
A real hard charger. Lol.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Pardon my shooting more of said wares,than everyone else combined as you Crying Karens "get" to Pretend aloud...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

That High Pitched Brokedick Whining,sure is fhuqking soothing ladies. Fortunately for you gals,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even Crying Karens can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

I'll feign my great "SURPRISE",that you gals must "live" vicariously. Try prying your kchunts from the couch and actually mashing a trigger. Hint.

Pardon a simplistic critique by me,massively swingin' Sales. Hint.

N
NWT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
L.O.L.
Not sure if Xi Jinping and the Chinese CCP Athlon Management, L.O.L. is going to approve of his new USA Athlon marketing team and USA company (Alaskan) field representative and company spokesman.
Do you think Xi Jinping and Athlon , China has ever seen one of his companies have such a bizarre and dysfunctional introduction and product roll out ? L.O.L.
Do you think Xi Jinping or Athlon China can comprehend or has ever seen anything like his Athlon ~ Alaska marketing/field representative? L.O.L.
Not sure if there is a future for Athlon’ s Alaska Marketing Field Director with any other outdoor industry companies as a company spokesman or field representative??…..Budlight, Target, Disney, showed us what they can do with their Creative Marketing … I would recommend that Athlon’s Alaska company spokesman and field representative to not quit his day job and let this play out further.
~ Matt of Athlon, are you reading and following this?~ Does BUDLIGHT….mean anything to you ……?
L.O.L.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Hahaha.

The companies he endorses fail miserably (SWFA lol), and the companies he trashes can't keep their products on dealer shelves (Peterson and Leupold).

Hard Charger Outdoor Promotions.

Though he could have a future with rainbow 🌈 electrical tape and graffiti paint markers

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It is fascinatingly HILARIOUS,that the gals who shoot the least,Whine the most,while extolling their Homoerotic Fantasies...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You gals are Moths headed for The Flame. I'll feign my great "SURPRISE",that you gals must "live" vicariously. Try prying your kchunts from the couch and actually mashing a trigger. Hint.

Fortunately for you gals,Imagination,Pretend and Emoji's are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Do not "forget",that Imitation is THE most Sincere form of Flattery,as you race to my every Post. Hint.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
“Mashing the trigger”. You get stupider by the day. Love window licking, wedlock chronicles!!!!!😂🖕🏿

Hence the impeccable factory paint coating on the 500 yard gong.

If it looks like a chainsaw trigger, mash it like one

All the mashing goes to mashing keys on the old clickety clack to get the last word in and to feverously copy and paste out of the endless files of those he can never get out of his head. Lol.

Throw in some 20 year old pictures to make a real "monster mash" 😅🤣😂

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
KenBitchAgain,

What were the "odds" that besides your being a Drooling CLUELESS Fhuqk,that you also just "happen" to be a Lying Piece Of Fhuqking Schit...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

A little steel and Pun be intended. Google as you MUST. Hint.

Pardon wares that exist and fresh paint,being a Karen's Kryptonite. Google as you MUST. Keep extolling your very WELL founded Insecurities and I'll simply fuel 'em with wares that exist. Hint.

Fortunately for you,Imagination,Pretend and Emoji's are free,so even YOU can "afford" to "contribute". Try prying your kchunt from the couch and actually mashing a trigger. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.....................

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
NcStar wants you back Stick. They miss your uplifting customer service repertoire, positive comments. They want your name on this impressive scope.

https://www.ncstar.com/optics-acc/scopes/compact-tactical-series/sca420b-tac4x20air-scpblkbl-lns

Dre Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Fhuuuck.
Is this imaginary pretend couch thing and smashing the trigger the new laughing hint?
Lmfao. what a Pathetic lonely fat [bleep].
What can I say Athlon, you have a really good rep on your hands!
Good luck

Last edited by Dre; 05/29/23.

D
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
D
I say Athlon should make a fixed 6x with gloss finish and rainbow-tape turrets, call it the “Bigs Dick” edition presented by 24hrCF and let the consumers figure it out.

History repeats itself because it worked. If it didn’t work in the first place, it wouldn’t be history but another lost story of insignificance.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Or one with a image of Xi on the turret and call it the Lil Bitch.

On the Long Range Hunting site, under optics, not one mention of this brand as a topic in the first 6+ pages of threads.

And that is the site that threw tiny shtick out for being a fraud and a troll.

Last edited by KenMi; 05/29/23.
P
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
P
Originally Posted by NWT
L.O.L.
Not sure if Xi Jinping and the Chinese CCP Athlon Management, L.O.L. is going to approve of his new USA Athlon marketing team and USA company (Alaskan) field representative and company spokesman.
Do you think Xi Jinping and Athlon , China has ever seen one of his companies have such a bizarre and dysfunctional introduction and product roll out ? L.O.L.
Do you think Xi Jinping or Athlon China can comprehend or has ever seen anything like his Athlon ~ Alaska marketing/field representative? L.O.L.
Not sure if there is a future for Athlon’ s Alaska Marketing Field Director with any other outdoor industry companies as a company spokesman or field representative??…..Budlight, Target, Disney, showed us what they can do with their Creative Marketing … I would recommend that Athlon’s Alaska company spokesman and field representative to not quit his day job and let this play out further.
~ Matt of Athlon, are you reading and following this?~ Does BUDLIGHT….mean anything to you ……?
L.O.L.

China is a ruthless economic competitor. Kinda like we used to be.

Trump had it right - he wasn't mad at them, they drove better bargains. We should have done the same, but did not.

You cannot blame them for their success.

That being said, I try to avoid their products as I can. Because they mean to eat our lunch.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
This is what I'll say about made in China....

When counties have open trade, and is mutually beneficial, they tend not to want to annihilate each other.

Blame the politicians for making China a most favored nation to trade with.

And of course the Biden crime family taking bribes from China in exchange for God knows what.

Companies go offshore because they can get stuff made for less than domestically. Politicians allowed that to happen.

And libtards keep voting them in.

J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
^^^Pretty much sums it up.^^^

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R

When counties have open trade, and is mutually beneficial, they tend not to want to annihilate each other.

And of course the Biden crime family taking bribes from China in exchange for God knows what.

Companies go offshore because they can get stuff made for less than domestically. Politicians allowed that to happen.

So you thoughtlessly ignore that China uses slaves and practically unpaid workers to compete in our market? That is good with you?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I didn't say anything about approving or not their methods of mfg. You can say the same thing about many of our trading partners. Mfgrs offshore because of cheap labor. If you have a problem with how they treat workers, boycott everything made off shore. Lithium and cobalt for batteries is mined by child labor in Africa. Have any lithium batteries ?

Also, you can save the virtue signaling for someone who actually GAF.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Who makes the best "American Made" (with American made glass/components) scope?

Please rank the top five you would pick in order (Number 1 to Number 5).

Thanks

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by CashisKing
Who makes the best "American Made" (with American made glass/components) scope?

Please rank the top five you would pick in order (Number 1 to Number 5).

Thanks
That’s real tough criteria

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
That's a tough one. Leupold are good scopes, for set and forget.

Unfortunately, they track like Stevie Wonder.

One reason I'm trying the Helos BTR.

Tired of dealing with leupi tracking issues.

Athlon could afford to shed a few ozs. though

Last edited by hicountry; 05/29/23.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Libtards keep buying Chinese scopes when there are a LOT of great non-Chinese options. Does Xi's cock taste like schezwan?

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Somehow it seems this thread didn't get the results the OP wanted

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Lol, no schhiit

G
Campfire Regular
Online Content
Campfire Regular
G
Credit where due, Athlon got my Helos back on Thursday the 18th, shipped the replacement out Tuesday the 23rd, and I got it on Friday the 26th. That's pretty fast.

I think my gunsmith may have botched my Tikka bolt a bit, so the new Helos probably won't see any rounds till that gets all worked out. Maybe I'll put it on my lighter 6 ARC or Ruger SFAR to get a little workout while I'm waiting.

Last edited by Gtscotty; 05/30/23.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by KenMi
Somehow it seems this thread didn't get the results the OP wanted
They knew what was coming. They are plenty sharp and building a solid business. There were plenty of positives and any advertising is good advertising. Some are just looking for an opportunity to show their asses.

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Misery loves company. Not surprised at all at how this has turned out.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I personally own one Athlon scope that I bought on closeout. Nice scope for what I paid for it but it’s about or maybe is the only Chinese made scope that I own. I go well out of my way to avoid them.

Fugg China for Covid as a bioweapon and all of there other predatory practices and human rights violations.

Labels like an “American Company…” but made in China is a bigger slap in the face than just leaving the “American Company” line out all together IMO. Translation a few owners or shareholders make bank while nearly everything else is outsourced to near slave labor. [Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Honest question, is there no viable options for manufacturing in other traditionally “cheap” countries?
There’s lots of options that are countries not actively seeking world domination and actively working against our form of government and way of life.
China is flooding our country with fentanyl just for starters. I do my best to not knowingly purchase anything made there if there’s any viable alternative.

I’d love to know what the profit margin is for a scope selling for $500-$1,000 that’s made in China is. Id guess 200% min.

Each to his own.

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
I own one Athlon spotter and it is was made in Japan. Value exceeds its price point. It is highly usable. I like it for what I use it for and will use it until I can't hunt anymore.

I don't dial. I don't throw my rifle down on purpose. I don't need anything tactical.

I take good care of my gear. I do "mash" often, I do handload often, and I like trying different combinations of powder and bullets to wring out more performance. I am old and have zero need to impress anyone but myself.

Euro rifle scopes made for hunting with a damn good and simple reticle design are what I like and want.

If someone wants to buy CCP products, they are within their legal right to do so just like people are within their legal right to buy Bud Light.

Is there a 100% USA made rifle scope made? I mean with all the scope components, paperwork, and boxing made in the USA?

Last edited by FSJeeper; 05/29/23.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Jeezus Fhuqk,what WON'T a Crying Karen whine about?!? Hint.

Reupold is out of any serious discussion. Hint.

You gals collectively,don't shoot enough to fill a TicTac dispenser with empty brass. Nor do you "procure" enough,to make a fizzling fhuqk. Fortunately,Imagination,Pretend and Emoji's are free,so you gals can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

Pardon my critique swaying the market,as you Hissy your Fit(s) and laude Brokedicktitude. Try prying your kchunts from the couch and actually mashing a trigger. Hint.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
The Kahles K16i is the Gold Standard by which I judge all optics...

If Athlon wanted to chase "Perfection" this is where I would set the mark.

https://www.kahles.at/us/sport/riflescopes/k16i-1-6x24i

Page 2...

CLONE THESE!

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
Pardon my shooting more of said wares,than everyone else combined as you Crying Karens "get" to Pretend aloud...you "lucky" kchunts. Hint. Congratulations?!?

That High Pitched Brokedick Whining,sure is fhuqking soothing ladies. Fortunately for you gals,Imagination and Pretend are free,so even Crying Karens can "afford" to "contribute". Hint.

I'll feign my great "SURPRISE",that you gals must "live" vicariously. Try prying your kchunts from the couch and actually mashing a trigger. Hint.

Pardon a simplistic critique by me,massively swingin' Sales. Hint.

Stick,

How’s that Talos spotter working out for you?

Thanks in advance.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
CreditQueen,

A SFP wearing a schit reticle,pisses up a LOT(every) of ropes. Hint.

The Spotter was bought as a lark for giggles,but is fhuqking surprisingly viable. Procured it to leave in my crummy at work,to gawk Brownies,Polar Bears and MuskOx...but keep forgetting to throw it in my travel bag. I leave a 'Frotto tripod/ballhead at work,to compliment a 1D4 and White Glass. Also keep a LRF and a coupla scopes,which only adds to why Fixed Fhuqkers are so hard to score as of late. Hint.

I'm thinking there will be new glass and at least one new rifle,awaiting my return. Karens LOVE Mail. Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!.................

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jackmountain
Honest question, is there no viable options for manufacturing in other traditionally “cheap” countries?
There’s lots of options that are countries not actively seeking world domination and actively working against our form of government and way of life.
China is flooding our country with fentanyl just for starters. I do my best to not knowingly purchase anything made there if there’s any viable alternative.

I’d love to know what the profit margin is for a scope selling for $500-$1,000 that’s made in China is. Id guess 200% min.

Each to his own.

By all accounts, Korea and the Philippines are cranking out good quality, cost competitive scopes. I'd be very interested in knowing how much more it would cost Athlon to have one of their China made scopes produced in one of those countries instead.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
CreditQueen,

A SFP wearing a schit reticle,pisses up a LOT(every) of ropes. Hint.

Get back to me when you step away from brokedrick glass and can afford Kahles glass... KK?

The OP asked how to improve his product... FFP or SFP with QUALITY GLASS in the 1.1-4 or 1.5-6 range... Grand Slam Home Run

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Cash, just curious, what do you think you can kill with Kahles glass that you can't kill with Meopta, VX6, or any of the new "glass" found in $400+ rifle scopes today?

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Cash, just curious, what do you think you can kill with Kahles glass that you can't kill with Meopta, VX6, or any of the new "glass" found in $400+ rifle scopes today?

AFTER DARK...

Kahles is damn near night vision.

Seriously... find someone with one (lower power variable) and look thru it 1-2-3 hours after dark. It will blow your mind.

THAT is what I am hoping Athlon can master in a clone...

Also the eyebox... the Helos 2-12 (I have one)... eyebox is not good.

I asked Stick about the eyebox before I bought mine from Doug.

He did not answer... just his typical gibberish about fugging hinting and strawberry picking...

Stick has a fugg ton of useful knowledge, but his 6th grade antics always gets in the way of being useful... ALWAYS

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by pete53
are Athlon scopes life time warranty and is there a USA place to send these scopes for warranty ? how long has this company been in business ? just wondering because i might need a couple.

All Athlon scopes have a transferable lifetime warranty and are repaired or replaced at our headquarters in Kansas City.

Here is a link to more information on our website - https://athlonoptics.com/lifetime-warranty/

Athlon was founded in 2014.

Last edited by Athlon_Optics; 05/30/23.
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I"ve killed hundreds of hogs at night, with a wide variety of "glass". No scope is "damn near night vision", unless it is, period.

Agree with you 100% on this BS loser. I don't take advice from narcotic infested gnomes.

Last edited by JGRaider; 05/30/23.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I have it on good authority that Stick took up bicycling. Won't be long before he's telling me that my wares don't get used and that I spend too much time on the couch.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
LMAO......

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I"ve killed hundreds of hogs at night, with a wide variety of "glass". No scope is "damn near night vision", unless it is, period.

Snag one of these next time one hits the boards... https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/topics/17752796

If you do not love it at night... I will buy it from you instantly (plus shipping et al).

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
CreditQueen,

Your Delusional Dumbfhuqktitude is funnier than fhuqk...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

No fhuqking "wonder" you are FORCED to use my words and punctuation,because even someone as fhuqking STUPID as you,knows better than to try herself. Imitation remains THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Hint.

In "fairness" I have closer to (20) of said 2-12's and have yet to encounter an "issue",that plagues your crossed-eyes and pointy head. Try prying your kchunt from the couch and actually mashing a trigger. Hint.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
CreditQueen,

Your Delusional Dumbfhuqktitude is funnier than fhuqk...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

No fhuqking "wonder" you are FORCED to use my words and punctuation,because even someone as fhuqking STUPID as you,knows better than to try herself. Imitation remains THE most Sincere form of Flattery. Hint.

In "fairness" I have closer to (20) of said 2-12's and have yet to encounter an "issue",that plagues your crossed-eyes and pointy head. Try prying your kchunt from the couch and actually mashing a trigger. Hint.

You don't use glitter electrical tape on quality glass? WTF

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
I didn't say anything about approving or not their methods of mfg. You can say the same thing about many of our trading partners. Mfgrs offshore because of cheap labor. If you have a problem with how they treat workers, boycott everything made off shore. Lithium and cobalt for batteries is mined by child labor in Africa. Have any lithium batteries ?

Also, you can save the virtue signaling for someone who actually GAF.

Awww your pussy hurts and you are good with the US trading with countries that use slavery to create products for our market. Good that you are lacking in the qualities that GAF counts.

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
This is pretty cool - I thought it was worth sharing smile

Here is a link to more information - https://athlonoptics.com/product/cronus-g2-uhd-20-60-x-86/

Attached Images
Cronus Award.jpeg (33.91 KB, 520 downloads)
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

Athlon_Optics,
You may have missed my previous post amongst the noise. Would appreciate your comments on the 2-12's performance in the thread linked above.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Athlon_Optics,
You may have missed my previous post amongst the noise. Would appreciated your comments on the 2-12's performance in the thread linked above.

the drop tests if yo can call it that , is not a real test or measure in my mind. too many variables , prone to inconsistent and no real control in the "testing" to be valid and meaningful. Besides , if I drop or bump my rifle I am going to ensure my zero is fine before shooting at an animal.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Athlon_Optics,
You may have missed my previous post amongst the noise. Would appreciate your comments on the 2-12's performance in the thread linked above.

Good God.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Mounting systems and ring spacing matters a "smidge" too. I tend to flog on schit(understatement). Hint.

Try prying your kchunt from the couch and actually mashing a trigger. Hint.

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by MrWilson

Athlon_Optics,
You may have missed my previous post amongst the noise. Would appreciated your comments on the 2-12's performance in the thread linked above.

the drop tests if yo can call it that , is not a real test or measure in my mind. too many variables , prone to inconsistent and no real control in the "testing" to be valid and meaningful. Besides , if I drop or bump my rifle I am going to ensure my zero is fine before shooting at an animal.

One time I was driving down the highway and I decided to take a picture of the sunset by holding my phone up through the sunroof (bad idea). It blew away and I could see it bouncing down the highway in my rearview mirror. I was able to recover it and it was completely fine! Shortly after, I knocked my phone off the bottom shelf of a nightstand (about 15 inches) and the screen shattered. Drop tests, as mentioned above, can be misleading due to consistency and control issues. All it takes is contact at just the right angle to mess things up. That's my opinion, anyway. Fortunately, Athlon offers a transferable lifetime warranty. If something goes wrong, we will repair or replace it.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I tend to flog on schit(understatement). Hint.

Is that because you are short, fat and uncoordinated?

Or are you just clumsy?

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Athlon_Optics,

Absolutely. Buying scopes based on that experiment is laughable.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
CreditQueen,

I'm more than happy to be,whatever your copious Insecurities NEED most...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You're perpetually ALWAYS licking windows on the outside,DREAMING about getting in. Try prying your kchunt from the couch and actually mashing a trigger. Hint.

N
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
N

AFTER DARK...

Kahles is damn near night vision.

Seriously... find someone with one (lower power variable) and look thru it 1-2-3 hours after dark. It will blow your mind.

Sounds sick.

Be nice to bounce the gen 3 31 unfilmed white phos tubes.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
CreditQueen,

I'm more than happy to be,whatever your copious Insecurities NEED most...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

You're perpetually ALWAYS licking windows on the outside,DREAMING about getting in. Try prying your kchunt from the couch and actually mashing a trigger. Hint.

Come on Stick... I am just fugging with you...

Ya don't have to go all window licker and chit.

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
And in the finest campfire tradition... another schidt show. Where are the girlies? hahahaha

Those who are always shooting off at the mouth usually aren't shooting straight.

Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

www.wvcdl.org
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
About like when the Leupold "reps" did their live

A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Wonder how it would look if I were to try that??

The last time that bear ate a lawyer he had the runs for 33 days!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

I'll bet that wasnt made in China

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

I'm thinking an even bigger difference than a Barska vs Kahles comparison. hahahaha

Those who are always shooting off at the mouth usually aren't shooting straight.

Build a man a fire and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.

www.wvcdl.org
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by dave284
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag

I'm thinking an even bigger difference than a Barska vs Kahles comparison. hahahaha

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Please explain how the Athlon rep here and his posts are anything remotely close to the Leupold clownshow.

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

Please explain how the Athlon rep here and his posts are anything remotely close to the Leupold clownshow.

As you know JG, an azzload of none thinkers here and more every month.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Yep, those leupold guys wanted to piss people off.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

Each to his own.

By all accounts, Korea and the Philippines are cranking out good quality, cost competitive scopes. I'd be very interested in knowing how much more it would cost Athlon to have one of their China made scopes produced in one of those countries instead.

Mine was an honest question, just wondering how the industry works. Is the “brand” sending out drawings/specifications to bid? Is there some reason Chinese factories are better suited to build optics than say Korea, Philippines, etc.. I’d guess they’re probably more advanced? I know a guy that sources out cabinetry and they moved the bulk of their business from China to Vietnam a few years ago due to the Chinese factory constantly raising prices last minute, holding orders hostage, actually coming to the states and trying to go direct to their customers and bypass this guys distribution network etc….
He did say it took some time to get the Vietnamese plants up to speed and that the infrastructure, equipment, skill of the workers etc. was nowhere near as modern as the Chinese factories. It’s a global economy, and no way it will ever go back now.
It would be interesting to see what it would cost to build the same exact scope using the same materials to the same specifications in China vs Japan Vs USA Vs Germany.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Each to his own.

Mine was an honest question, just wondering how the industry works. Is the “brand” sending out drawings/specifications to bid? Is there some reason Chinese factories are better suited to build optics than say Korea, Philippines, etc.. I’d guess they’re probably more advanced? I know a guy that sources out cabinetry and they moved the bulk of their business from China to Vietnam a few years ago due to the Chinese factory constantly raising prices last minute, holding orders hostage, actually coming to the states and trying to go direct to their customers and bypass this guys distribution network etc….
He did say it took some time to get the Vietnamese plants up to speed and that the infrastructure, equipment, skill of the workers etc. was nowhere near as modern as the Chinese factories. It’s a global economy, and no way it will ever go back now.
It would be interesting to see what it would cost to build the same exact scope using the same materials to the same specifications in China vs Japan Vs USA Vs Germany.

My curiosity is genuine as well. If Burris can make money selling the highly regarded Philippines made FF series scopes for under 200 bucks, it seems to me that Athlon could make money manufacturing their scopes there as well. The Helos 2-12x42 seems to have a strong following among the 'fire members.

It sells for a tick over $500. What would it sell for if it were made in Korea, the Philippines, Japan, Germany and the USA? The second question is how many would Athlon sell at the price they would have to sell them for if they were made in those countries? The final question is how many sales is Athlon losing because people won't buy a China made scope. Sure, we can't always reasonably avoid stuff made in China, but we can with scopes, and I and many others do. That sentiment is only growing over time as crap like the China spy balloon fiasco continues to occur.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
CreditQueen,

Your STUPIDITY doesn't fhuqk with anyone,but your pointy headed self...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

As to the Cackling Hens,fretting the reality of a Global Economy and lauding how their skies are always falling,please continue the raging Estrogen Torrents,of the wares you'd almost buy if you weren't Brokedicks. Balloons are now "SCARY" too?!? Burris has never made a scope worth a fhuqk and seems intent upon keeping that "pace". It is fascinatingly HILARIOUS,how little you Crying Kchunts "know","see" or "do",other than Whine. Hint.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by EdM

As you know JG, an azzload of none thinkers here and more every month.

Agree 100% Ed.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I am hearing that it is now cheaper to manufacture stuff in mexico than it is in China. Maybe not long down the road we can look forward to mexican produced optics ! uhh

W
WAM Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I think the Chyna factories can produce as good a quality product as the importer is willing to pay for. If the importer doesn’t order and hold to a higher spec, then cheap crap that fails will prevail.

I have an Athlon spotter that I’m satisfied with but rest assured none of my hunting rifles have chyna junk mounted on them.

Life Member NRA, RMEF, American Legion, MAGA. Not necessarily in that order.
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
CreditQueen,

Your STUPIDITY doesn't fhuqk with anyone,but your pointy headed self...you "lucky" kchunt. Hint. Congratulations?!?

As to the Cackling Hens,fretting the reality of a Global Economy and lauding how their skies are always falling,please continue the raging Estrogen Torrents,of the wares you'd almost buy if you weren't Brokedicks. Balloons are now "SCARY" too?!? Burris has never made a scope worth a fhuqk and seems intent upon keeping that "pace". It is fascinatingly HILARIOUS,how little you Crying Kchunts "know","see" or "do",other than Whine. Hint.

Your 4th grade grammar teacher needs a genuine bitch slap...

But you do get 10 bonus points for the proper use of the word Brokedick...

Ain't this fun Stick?

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by WAM
I think the Chyna factories can produce as good a quality product as the importer is willing to pay for. If the importer doesn’t order and hold to a higher spec, then cheap crap that fails will prevail.

I have an Athlon spotter that I’m satisfied with but rest assured none of my hunting rifles have chyna junk mounted on them.

Bingo. We (when I worked) bought a lot of structural steel for our major O&G projects from China. We had to "teach" them what we required and plant our inspectors in their shops for QA and they delivered at a substantial savings.

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Anyone remember Zen-RAy ?

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 338rcm

There's a VaChina hidden under that panty !! and she's marked "made with a VaChina". grin

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Greetings Everyone!

Guys,
I know Matt and he's a good guy. He's knowledgeable and willing to assist. Fell free to reach out to him with questions or situations and he will hook you up. He is a tech rep and customer service guy, he is not the guy running the company.

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by MuskegMan
Originally Posted by 338rcm

There's a VaChina hidden under that panty !! and she's marked "made with a VaChina". grin

Does a VaChina split side-to-side instead of vertical?

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Only been home a coupla hours,but started carving some Mail open. Thus far,only (1) new Custom Rifle. Sister wants a 2-12x on it,which is obviously tough to whoop. Hint.

Likely killing Bears with it tomorrow,while forming cases. Hint.

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn

Each to his own.

Those decisions are above my pay grade - sorry guys...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I'm happy to simply shoot results,via wares which I've proven and trust. Hint.

Just sayin'................

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
You made a good score on that 338 from the looks of it.

Semper Fi
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It is a VERY sound build and spec'd like I'd of done it. Some of which was easily discerned from afar,the balance glaring once in hand. Hint.

Impetus for me,in said chambering is .650 BC 250 Skinner Smooches for Sister. They kiss at 3.520",which is No Joy in OEM Gut Configuration(3.385" COAL "latitude"). Luckily,MWG once again will come to the rescue with S/S Lego's. If forced,it's easy enough to shim slide Issued Guts,but I'm never not hip on a S/S path to same and such things are warm/fuzzy. Hint.

The components play nicely,if only obviously. Hint.

Hell...it's even Hercules approved! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Greetings Everyone!

Guys,
I know Matt and he's a good guy. He's knowledgeable and willing to assist. Feel free to reach out to him with questions or situations and he will hook you up. He is a tech rep and customer service guy, he is not the guy running the company.

Thanks for the endorsement, Doug - I appreciate.

In addition to helping with tech & customer support, I also manage our 58-member Pro Team & do all of the legwork for the 150+ matches we sponsor each year.

I'm just throwing that out so everyone can get to know me a little better and also explain why I don't have time to respond to every post.

To those of you who have contributed to this thread in a positive way, I want to say thanks. I will continue to sort through the noise so I can be as helpful as possible.

My mailbox is also up and running now, so feel free to contact me that way as well.

Cheers.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Greetings Everyone!

Guys,
I know Matt and he's a good guy. He's knowledgeable and willing to assist. Feel free to reach out to him with questions or situations and he will hook you up. He is a tech rep and customer service guy, he is not the guy running the company.

In addition to helping with tech & customer support, I also manage our 58-member Pro Team & do all of the legwork for the 150+ matches we sponsor each year.

I'm just throwing that out so everyone can get to know me a little better and also explain why I don't have time to respond to every post.

To those of you who have contributed to this thread in a positive way, I want to say thanks. I will continue to sort through the noise so I can be as helpful as possible.

My mailbox is also up and running now, so feel free to contact me that way as well.

Cheers.

You local in Lenexa? I stopped by the Athlon headquarters there once and someone helped me with one of my Cronus scopes.

I know some of the Athlon fellas shot at Mill Creek regularly.

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by skeen
Greetings Everyone!

Guys,

Cheers.

You local in Lenexa? I stopped by the Athlon headquarters there once and someone helped me with one of my Cronus scopes.

I know some of the Athlon fellas shot at Mill Creek regularly.

I work out of the HQ office in Olathe - stop by anytime!

Mill Creek is my home range - I usually shoot the monthly 3GUN matches + a few others out there.

Last edited by Athlon_Optics; 06/07/23.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
It is a VERY sound build and spec'd like I'd of done it. Some of which was easily discerned from afar,the balance glaring once in hand. Hint.

Impetus for me,in said chambering is .650 BC 250 Skinner Smooches for Sister. They kiss at 3.520",which is No Joy in OEM Gut Configuration(3.385" COAL "latitude"). Luckily,MWG once again will come to the rescue with S/S Lego's. If forced,it's easy enough to shim slide Issued Guts,but I'm never not hip on a S/S path to same and such things are warm/fuzzy. Hint.

The components play nicely,if only obviously. Hint.

Hell...it's even Hercules approved! Hint.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!..............

Only way to fly and stretching a mag in a 70 ain't never scared me horribly either. That should be a wicked killed once it's all done though. That's a nice rig, I am glad you grabbed it.

Semper Fi
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I get out to Kearney every once in awhile. Maybe one day I will make the trip to the other side of KC.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Each to his own.

Those decisions are above my pay grade - sorry guys...

Completely understood. It's probably useful for you and your management to know. There is a substantial and growing anti China sentiment among 2A types. Just last week China pulled that stunt cutting one of our battleships off. They are an enemy, and it matters to a lot of shooters.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's never been difficult to cypher who shoots and who don't,along with the Crying Karens. Hint.

Hit Karen with simplistic Facts and it's FULL fhuqking retreat,with an Avatar change. HINT.

Fhuqking LAUGHING!!!.................

P
Campfire Member
Online Content
Campfire Member
P
Got to love the Whidden case gauge. Talk about super convenient.
pavementends

Elevation is math
Windage is Voodoo
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
Matt, I have a G2 20-60x86 Cronus UHD spotter inbound from Doug.

I was disappointed to learn there is no adapter available to fit a DSLR to the scope. I would love to attach my Nikon D5500 for pics of targets at the range, or of wildlife.

Just something for you to run up the flagpole.

Thanks.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
I
Campfire Ranger
Online Happy
Campfire Ranger
I
I'm happy to simply shoot results,via wares which I've proven and trust. Hint.

Just sayin'................
WTH.....you letting Sis slum a Winchester?????? grinning here.

It looks like a heck of a rifle in a heck of a chambering for the AO. I am VERY jealous of the stock. I need to find similar.

People who choose to brew up their own storms bitch loudest about the rain.
Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Hey Everyone!

We are working on a little project over here at Athlon Optics and I was hoping to get some help from all of you.

We are assembling a collection of links to reviews that have been published on Athlon products (Video, Written, etc.).

If you come across a review, please post a link here. It would be greatly appreciated!

Here's one I just found on the HERAS SPR 6-24X56 (to get us started) - https://industryoutsider.com/athlon-heras-spr-6-24x56-aplr9-ffp-ir-moa-review/

Thank you smile

N
NWT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
Idaho Shooter just purchased a Athlon Cronus spotting scope.
Box says MADE IN CHINA
What’s the real TRUTH?

NWT

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by NWT
Box says MADE IN CHINA
What’s the real TRUTH?

NWT

The only Athlon optics made in Japan are the Cronus riflescopes

Doug @ Camera Land

[email protected]
http://www.cameralandny.com
516-217-1000

Thanks for the support.

[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
N
NWT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
I would ship it back to whoever sold it to you.
NWT

Last edited by NWT; 06/13/23. Reason: Spelling error
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hey Everyone!

We are working on a little project over here at Athlon Optics and I was hoping to get some help from all of you.

We are assembling a collection of links to reviews that have been published on Athlon products (Video, Written, etc.).

If you come across a review, please post a link here. It would be greatly appreciated!

Here's one I just found on the HERAS SPR 6-24X56 (to get us started) - https://industryoutsider.com/athlon-heras-spr-6-24x56-aplr9-ffp-ir-moa-review/

Thank you smile

https://rokslide.com/forums/threads/athlon-helos-btr-gen2-2-12x42mm-field-eval.289757/

Dre Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Ugh… another 6-24x56 size queen.
Btw, Thanks for the reply regarding the need for a lower powered scopes for hunters (sarcasm)

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Welcome to the sight and thank you for offering a superior product. Your hard work is appreciated

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Greetings Everyone!

Hello Matt
I’ve been using the 2-12 mil helos and really like the scope.
THE reason for that exact scope is due to the size of the center dot. Works great for hunting.
All in all a very good package and the three I have are very repeatable when dialing.
I do wish Athlon would offer a similar style and sized reticle in some of there other scopes.

B.C. don't matter.............Laffin!
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Recently got ahold of the Athlon Helos 2-12. It's going on a lefty Rem 700 270win. Been awhile since I purchased rings/bases and need to source a set. The only optics I have that are comparable are Nightfarce, USO, Burris, Sightron, and Primary Arms.

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by NWT
Box says MADE IN CHINA
What’s the real TRUTH?

NWT

Congrats on your purchase of a Cronus G2 spotter - recently named "Optic of the Year" at the Industry Choice Awards! I'm sure you will be very impressed - especially at the price point. As stated above, the only Athlon products that are manufactured in Japan are our Cronus rifle scopes. Everything we sell, however, goes through our QC lab in Olathe, KS before it is shipped out. Let us know what you think after you get a little time behind it.

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by Theoldpinecricker
Recently got ahold of the Athlon Helos 2-12. It's going on a lefty Rem 700 270win. Been awhile since I purchased rings/bases and need to source a set. The only optics I have that are comparable are Nightfarce, USO, Burris, Sightron, and Primary Arms.

I would recommend a set of Athlon Precision rings. Our 30mm versions are available in Low (.89"), Medium (1.05"), and MSR (1.443") heights.

N
NWT Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
N
[quote=NWT]Idaho Shooter just purchased a Athlon Cronus spotting scope.
Box says MADE IN CHINA
What’s the real TRUTH?

NWT

As stated above, the only Athlon products that are manufactured in Japan are our Cronus rifle scopes. Everything we sell, however, goes through our QC lab in Olathe, KS before it is shipped out.

Athlon:
You are missing the point completely!! Most of us could care less about your CHINESE GOVERNMENT made products being quality checked in a USA facility.
The entire problem is the Athlon products you are supporting and pushing in America are made by the CHINESE COMMUNIST PARTY read the CCP. In case you have missed it , the CHINESE COMMUNIST GOVERNMENT who owns Athlon wants to destroy our countries way of life. This includes the shooting sports and hunting. Not sure why any American would get in bed with a CCP company in today’s world when there are so many better choices. F*** the CCP
NWT

Last edited by NWT; 06/14/23. Reason: Add two words
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T

I would recommend a set of Athlon Precision rings. Our 30mm versions are available in Low (.89"), Medium (1.05"), and MSR (1.443") heights.
Thanks. I wasn't aware there were rings available. What is the weight on them like. Med or heavy?

Campfire Greenhorn
OP Offline
Campfire Greenhorn

Thanks. I wasn't aware there were rings available. What is the weight on them like. Med or heavy?

Medium

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Hey Everyone!

Thank you smile

Athlon Optics Midas ED 8x42

https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/the-best-binoculars/

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Sandlapper
Hey Everyone!

Thank you smile

Athlon Optics Midas ED 8x42

https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/the-best-binoculars/

No America loving 2A supporter should EVER link the NYT.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by NWT
Box says MADE IN CHINA
What’s the real TRUTH?

NWT

As stated above, the only Athlon products that are manufactured in Japan are our Cronus rifle scopes. Everything we sell, however, goes through our QC lab in Olathe, KS before it is shipped out.

Athlon:
You are missing the point completely!! Most of us could care less about your CHINESE GOVERNMENT made products being quality checked in a USA facility.
The entire problem is the Athlon products you are supporting and pushing in America are made by the CHINESE COMMUNIST PARTY read the CCP. In case you have missed it , the CHINESE COMMUNIST GOVERNMENT who owns Athlon wants to destroy our countries way of life. This includes the shooting sports and hunting. Not sure why any American would get in bed with a CCP company in today’s world when there are so many better choices. F*** the CCP
NWT

I understand what you are saying and don't disagree.... but the only reason communist china is an actual threat to us is because our politicians sold us out.
Started with Nixon, then advanced big time by Clinton then GWB pushed for normalized trade status for them. Then our corporations sent all our factory jobs over to China and profits shot through the roof and the stock market cheered.
Now we have NWO pedophiles running the show....
So in the grand scheme of things purchasing a Chinese scope or two doesn't move the needle at all.
The biggest threat to us and our way of life is homegrown. Want to make a difference boycott Budweiser

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by NWT
Box says MADE IN CHINA
What’s the real TRUTH?

NWT

Athlon:
NWT

I understand what you are saying and don't disagree.... but the only reason communist china is an actual threat to us is because our politicians sold us out.
Started with Nixon, then advanced big time by Clinton then GWB pushed for normalized trade status for them. Then our corporations sent all our factory jobs over to China and profits shot through the roof and the stock market cheered.
So in the grand scheme of things purchasing a Chinese scope or two doesn't move the needle at all.
The biggest threat to us and our way of life is homegrown. Want to make a difference boycott Budweiser

Amen

Good bullets properly placed always work, but not everyone knows what good bullets are, or can reliably place them in the field
S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S

Athlon_Optics,

One time I was driving down the highway and I decided to take a picture of the sunset by holding my phone up through the sunroof (bad idea). It blew away and I could see it bouncing down the highway in my rearview mirror. I was able to recover it and it was completely fine! Shortly after, I knocked my phone off the bottom shelf of a nightstand (about 15 inches) and the screen shattered. Drop tests, as mentioned above, can be misleading due to consistency and control issues. All it takes is contact at just the right angle to mess things up. That's my opinion, anyway. Fortunately, Athlon offers a transferable lifetime warranty. If something goes wrong, we will repair or replace it.
I can understand your aversion. Honest question… So I assume Athlon has some type of durability testing of their own that is more uniformly standardized? Please share with us. What kind of impact and or reliability testing does Athlon perform?

Last edited by SDHNTR; 06/16/23.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Trystan
Originally Posted by NWT
Box says MADE IN CHINA
What’s the real TRUTH?

NWT

Athlon:
NWT

Amen

Maybe the china scope haters are looking at this all wrong... they should consider the highest and best use for a quality china made scope would be to snipe a few commies if they ever decide to invade...
And Matt, I am pretty sure is an American, with a family and that is a good thing to support!!!!

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by SDHNTR

Athlon_Optics,

I can understand your aversion. Honest question… So I assume Athlon has some type of durability testing of their own that is more uniformly standardized? Please share with us. What kind of impact and or reliability testing does Athlon perform?

I test and break stuff for a living (.mil COTS and spaceflight), and most manufacturers won't release details on specifics of internal testing they do. I can think up some test programs that would be applicable, but it would be interesting to see some transparency in the test standards, procedure details, and sample size tested.

The "Rokslide test" is...yeah. Very arbitrary and likely not especially repeatable.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
Originally Posted by SinisterLefty

Athlon_Optics,

I test and break stuff for a living (.mil COTS and spaceflight), and most manufacturers won't release details on specifics of internal testing they do. I can think up some test programs that would be applicable, but it would be interesting to see some transparency in the test standards, procedure details, and sample size tested.

The "Rokslide test" is...yeah. Very arbitrary and likely not especially repeatable.

I don’t necessarily need to see the exact test, but I want to know that some impact/durability/zero retention testing was done! I’d venture a guess that most manufacturers do none at all! They could show us what that means the scope is then capable of. You ever seen any of the Nightforce torture test videos? I’m not saying things need to be taken to that extreme, but I will tell you this, I will only purchase scopes that come from manufacturers that do durability/impact/zero retention testing. As a consumer, I believe that should be a minimum standard we should expect. Instead, most manufacturers seem to avoid the matter altogether. I hope that isn’t what’s happening here?

Last edited by SDHNTR; 06/16/23.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I don’t necessarily need to see the exact test, but I want to know that some impact/durability/zero retention testing was done! I’d venture a guess that most manufacturers do none at all! They could show us what that means the scope is then capable of. You ever seen any of the Nightforce torture test videos? I’m not saying things need to be taken to that extreme, but I will tell you this, I will only purchase scopes that come from manufacturers that do durability/impact/zero retention testing. As a consumer, I believe that should be a minimum standard we should expect. Instead, most manufacturers seem to avoid the matter altogether. I hope that isn’t what’s happening here?

I suspect all manufacturers do recoil based zero retention testing, and that is indeed enough to serve most shooters well. I wonder what percentage of game is killed each year with the scopes you worship. 1% maybe? That means the other scopes "work."

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
So just because an automobile has a motor that runs and tires that turn, that’s enough for you? Of course a scope should hold up to recoil, that’s a given, and no it’s not enough! Personally, I want a car that has also been crash tested. Durability after impact matters to me, just like it does with scopes.

Your point that 99% of other scopes work is bunk. More like 99% of consumers are too dumb to know better and demand more. But that’s changing. People are becoming more informed and demanding better durability. Fancy features, pretty glass, flashy marketing (warranties) and recoil testing alone aren’t gonna cut it. Scope manufacturers will need to adjust accordingly. It won’t happen overnight, but it will happen. It’s starting. Manufacturers that continue to ignore the matter of impact testing and zero retention will lose share to those who embrace the concept. It’s a good thing.

Last edited by SDHNTR; 06/17/23.
Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 19 20

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

549 members (163bc, 10Glocks, 16Racing, 1badf350, 10gaugeman, 1_deuce, 53 invisible), 2,490 guests, and 1,356 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,673
Posts18,456,052
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.